Anyone on the bank this week/weekend

Jordz611

So the nice weather is approaching and the start of spring on our shoulders 12 -13 degrees this weekend in ulverston Cumbria and with the new bivvy and Pva bag refill arriving I’m surely getting on the canal or Sandhall pond this week  who else is getting on the bank ? Hopefully some of us get bites and not blanked  7 carp and 1 tench some lads got on Saturday on the canal so there about 😉

I aim to fish almost every week. 

(The joys of being separated and single) 

This week is currently up in the air as I had job interview yesterday and have trial shift tomorrow. If I can get the time on the bank for 3 nights I will be down the lake. It would be good to see the fish show again. 

I can get out pretty much when i like she never moans about that it's the spends lol, she seems to think i can take on what are for me hard waters with the same approach to a runs water or the canal or using a single skin bivvy in winter lol, she is a real purest, although she does insist on me getting the best bait i can find everything else is just faff. i'm going to need a deeper come the summer some of these water are like a jungle by july.

I been on since this morning lad and how was on the peg before me had 7 last night aswell so hoping getting the odd beep but nout yet but seeing the bubbles like nothing  got a cracking view though ️Love a good view  got the mrs with me aswell so to on alarms and a wagllernon the margin let’s see what it brings ! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by JordanNW

7 hours ago, JordanNW said:

Been back on since 5 am lol 😂 needing that bite  not going to lie though I’ve seen a few appear with a splash or too to the sunrise but nothing yet

image.jpg

image.jpg

Gut luck Jordan , how long you there for ?

1 minute ago, finchey said:

I'm out Monday for 24hrs and hopefully out the following Saturday for at least another 24hrs, can't wait I'm itching to get out. I've got to go and get myself a new net this weekend. 🙂👍

I need 1 too, ripped a hole in it last weekend, it got caught on a peg board. 

10 minutes ago, finchey said:

I'm out Monday for 24hrs and hopefully out the following Saturday for at least another 24hrs, can't wait I'm itching to get out. I've got to go and get myself a new net this weekend. 🙂👍

You can get just a new mesh rather than a whole new net😉

Choice for you just to have a looksee

https://johnsonrosstackle.co.uk/810-spare-meshes-sleeves

https://www.tacklebox.co.uk/landing-equipment/landing-nets/tb-replacement-ez-mesh-42-inch-olive-green-deep.html

On 16/03/2022 at 10:22, salokcinnodrog said:

I aim to fish almost every week. 

(The joys of being separated and single) 

This week is currently up in the air as I had job interview yesterday and have trial shift tomorrow. If I can get the time on the bank for 3 nights I will be down the lake. It would be good to see the fish show again. 

Not going to happen, starter motor packed in, and I start Saturday, so car first

I did a 3 night social on Bluebell's Swan last week - unfortunately a blank for both of us on the back of the wind although we were on fish for the first day or so and pretty close throughout tbh.  A great trip, good company and I learnt plenty  - a few did come out to guys opposite one another so I now know the winter-early spring feeding zone 👍

One swim mapped many more to go.

Got the bit between my teeth now - time to push on! 👍

Been getting my toys ready for Tuesday's trip.. Being quite OCD, I try not to leave anything to chance, but I really need to try and take less gear... got all the tackle ready, just bait and food to go... brekky and daytime snacks to buy, takeaway of an evening, couple of beers...

Anyone else like me...? 4 kitchen sinks and the world and his dog just for 2 nights...?🤣

3 hours ago, bluelabel said:

Anyone else like me...? 4 kitchen sinks and the world and his dog just for 2 nights...?🤣

This was a 12hr day session, 1st light until dark.... 

Screenshot_20210731_080547.thumb.jpg.47bc5e55b71b3b6cb316420f6c050912.jpg

Bivvy with no front for day, Bedchair (to chill, me n Dog), Food Bag, Tackle Bag, Bait Bag, Dogs food n water bowls, Barrow. 

This is practically what I take for 24hrs+, just bit more food. 

Sooner have too much than not enough. 

12 hours ago, Highy said:

This was a 12hr day session, 1st light until dark.... 

Screenshot_20210731_080547.thumb.jpg.47bc5e55b71b3b6cb316420f6c050912.jpg

Bivvy with no front for day, Bedchair (to chill, me n Dog), Food Bag, Tackle Bag, Bait Bag, Dogs food n water bowls, Barrow. 

This is practically what I take for 24hrs+, just bit more food. 

Sooner have too much than not enough. 

A day session for me is.. small ruckie, chair, rods, net, bait, brolly, flask... job done... only thing missing is a fish...🤣😎👍