PAC Announcement about summer pike fishing

Statement from PAC General Secretary, **** Culpin:

THE PIKE ANGLERS CLUB AND THE ENVIRONMENT AGENCY STANCE ON WARM WATER PIKING IN THE NORFOLK BROADS
After many years of lobbying by the PAC we at last have the support of the Environment Agency in relation to preventing pike fishing in warm water conditions. Attempts to introduce a Bye Law prohibiting such fishing have not yet materialised but a campaign to draw the attention of anglers to the real danger to pike when caught in warm water conditions is being launched in the Norfolk Broads and hopefully elsewhere. This will include posters that will be distributed throughout East Anglia in tackle shops, boatyards and in public places. Fact sheets are also being made available to anglers and the general public alike.
None of this would have been possible without the tenacity and determination of the former PAC General Secretary John Currie and the input of the Norwich and District Pike Club and we should all be grateful that their efforts have resulted in this positive development.
We hope that with the endorsement of the Environmental Agency anglers will take a responsible and sensible approach to fishing for pike in unsuitable water conditions. The reality is that many pike that are caught in warm water suffer and die as a result and we at the Pike Anglers Club will, with the support of other organisations, always look to welfare of the pike as a priority.
We are grateful to the Environment Agency for their support on this very important issue.
**** Culpin
General Secretary of the Pike Anglers Club of Great Britain

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/07/2022 at 15:08, kevtaylor said:

So why do they hold predator competitions through the summer then at Grafham Res and such like?

Do as we say not as we do!!!!!

World Predator Classic 13th & 14th August Grafham Res?

Plus we've seen Zander Pro etc etc all summer sport - what a joke

That's not the PAC. 

And note, I don't think any UK anglers were involved.

The water companies can sadly choose who they want to hire the water out to.

The announcement is of particular relevance to shallow Fisheries like the Norfolk Broads, many of which are less than 3metres deep, where fish are dying from stress.

Deeper Reservoirs may well have colder water.

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/07/2022 at 06:55, salokcinnodrog said:

That's not the PAC. 

And note, I don't think any UK anglers were involved.

The water companies can sadly choose who they want to hire the water out to.

The announcement is of particular relevance to shallow Fisheries like the Norfolk Broads, many of which are less than 3metres deep, where fish are dying from stress.

Deeper Reservoirs may well have colder water.

I hear you mate and whether its the PAC or not I'm not interested tbh if the common sense guidance is not to fish for pike in the warm them it shouldn't be done period and it's the job of the PAC and tackle companies to promote this guidance and follow it - that's the key do what you're promoting!

Was nice to see the kayaks on Pitsford last weekend - apparently a competition to catch a perch, pike and brownie - oh it was nearly 30 degrees - thought I'd point that out and this weekend the World Predator Classic, temps to mid 30's - sounds perfect doesn't it!  Unreal