February catch reports

kevtaylor

An overnighter on Bluebell last night.

Arrived midday Saturday and was gob smacked to see the complex packed out, thought there must be a lake booking but no all lakes were just busy.

After walking the lakes I put my bucket in a swim lodge end of Mallard then walked round to the Baillif for a catch up.

He kindly offered me his swim as he wasnt fishing and after lots of 'you sure mates?' I took up his offer.

Glad I did because at 11pm I had a low double stocky- probably one from this years batch.  Off the mark for the year nice and early which makes a change.  Nothing major but a bites a bite👍

Did a short day session on my local park lake and have never seen it so rammed before. The first warm Sunday of the year probably brought out a lot of hibernating anglers (including me.) Unfortunately didn't see any sign of fish and had to slot into the only available swim. They weren't interested in my PVA bag offerings but 5 did come out including a 27 Common in the swim next door! Next time....