BAF TropAmino

Any thoughts or used this from BAF, will be getting some better rolling kit nothing mental just a good gun which are pricey, and a bigger rolling table.

This base mix seems a good price for making bulk loose feed batches and fishing the John Baker as a paste and hook bait and on the spot. Feed with the Trop. I take it there is plenty of room to adapt the trop with JB flavours and his liver and shrimp liquid.

the Trop seems a bit cheap but would be an ideal base mix for a novice to play with i would like to get some haith's robin orange into the trop, ran it past JB mixed into his bio fish mix, but he will only advise using his mixes as they come.

TropAmino HMBB Basemix is a top-quality blend of high end ingredients that include LT94 Fishmeal, genuine refined Milk Proteins such as Acid, Rennet & Whey Protein Concentrate (80%+ protein), CPSP 90 Pre-Digested Fishmeal, Brocacel Yeast, Spices and Betaine HCL. This well proven recipe has proved very, very successful for the Home Made Bait Buffs (HMBB) group on Facebook, BAF is delighted to have been asked to supply this Basemix not only for their members but also to general public alike.

The Trop part of the name comes from the recommended flavour Tropical Fruit which BAF supply, as a suggested recipe try this below, we’re pretty sure you won’t be disappointed.

6 large eggs, 6-700g Basemix

2-3ml Tropical Fruit

2ml Intense B Sweetener

30ml Hydrolysed Fish Extract

30ml Liquid Liver Hydrolysate

15-20ml Oil. Either Cod Liver, Salmon, Hemp or Nut Oil will suffice

Everytime I toy with the idea of making my own bait I look at this basemix lol, I've not used it though as I always conclude I haven't got time after researching everything

but BAF products are usually good quality, I've used the liquids quite a bit their liquid liver is a bit good and the fish hydro and a yeasty one too, I would use those with confidence. 

If I was going to use it though I may start off just using it as it is, but maybe just use your own flavour liquid combo as suggested by JB, then you could just tweak if you needed too after, but if you start off adding bits you may just be making it cost more without needing too, 

Might be worth joining the homemade bait buffs on FB though, they should be able to put you in the right direction 

10 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Everytime I toy with the idea of making my own bait I look at this basemix lol, I've not used it though as I always conclude I haven't got time after researching everything

but BAF products are usually good quality, I've used the liquids quite a bit their liquid liver is a bit good and the fish hydro and a yeasty one too, I would use those with confidence. 

If I was going to use it though I may start off just using it as it is, but maybe just use your own flavour liquid combo as suggested by JB, then you could just tweak if you needed too after, but if you start off adding bits you may just be making it cost more without needing too, 

Might be worth joining the homemade bait buffs on FB though, they should be able to put you in the right direction 

will have a look not big on fb groups prefer forums easy to keep track of stuff.

looking at some better rolling kit mainly a gun be about 40 quid for something that should do any mix with ease got the 26%1 pressure most cheaper ones are a lot less than that so hoping it will do a decent krill mix something like JBs bio fish.

big on fresh bait due to seeing it work on spots that aren't the normal last year they really were looking for it you can tell his baits keep working after the solubles have leaked out the milk and honey had a real savoury base once it had been in the water for a day or so all the cell yeast working. 

The group that originally had input when this was put together, were a members of this forum including myself, its a good mix pretty much covers everything a fish needs nutritionally, still use a slightly altered version of it myself due to not being able to hold quantities of ings these days.

Loads of people use it with JB flavours, 2ml Ala Salar 1ml Plum (to 6 eggs) is a good one. 

Edited by hutch

• 1 month later...

You know this is going to be good a recent addition that might not be on sale for long sounds like it was made for the trop mix, Fruit Bomb a mix of John Baker's i don't think all anglers realise the work John puts into his bait, i've been blown away with everything i've seen and used, so much so i'm definitely rolling my own going to get a large 20 mm gardner table and their heavy mix gun kit, thinking the 20 mm will be easier to gun out and roll giving me a nice size bait to either fish as large chops or full on duck choker, my last attempt gave me a good idea of what will work best for me...Strawberry, raspberry and plum. 

https://www.johnbakerbaits.com/product/fruit-bomb/ 

Might plump for a large bag of the JB indian spice the name really doesn't do the mix any justice to just what it is it's the best krill bait with a real indian curry house zap.

Seeing as the original Trop recipe that was released on HMBB contain BAF tropical Fruit which is in the same vein as Fruit Bomb I  would suggest they would be a good companion.I would would recommend keeping the levels on the low side though for a feed bait as JB Flavours are generally very concentrated.

On 26/01/2022 at 00:48, elmoputney said:

The only BAF product I have used is the Fluoro pink pop-up mix, and so far it has made the baits for a year, still got plenty left.

In fact I may actually make 2 lots for the year, some 50mm ones or larger for pike fishing, popping up deadbaits as I have a concern using foam or plastic, and my carp baits for the year.

• 2 months later...

Getting ready to put my first order in for the trop, liking the look of it, is the fruit flavour a must or could i use say a sausage flavour, and a cheese liquid in place of one of the fish liquids they use on the web site, i take it the mix is adaptable in terms of flavour and hydrolysate used in recipe. 

2 hours ago, hutch said:

Doesnt have to be used with a fruit flavour, the beauty of making your own bait is it can contain whatever you want it to, I have used it with S&O with plum and Liver/Special K hydro combo for last 3 seasons plus

Have you tried super boost its like liquid marmite, I like soaking my baits in that and liver hydro it's a strong combo 

2 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

i have a plum flavour i will use, also have JB's TM1 which is a strangwe flavour used it last year the carp where looking for it, that was in a milk base mix though so not sure it will go in a fishmael bait? 

They will both work, cream based flavours can work really well in a fishmeal, Im sure JB doesnt recommend mixing TM1 with other flavours due to its complex make up, my preference is low level (1ml/1.5ml per kilo) of both these in a fishmeal food bait.

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Have you tried super boost its like liquid marmite, I like soaking my baits in that and liver hydro it's a strong combo 

Yes, I use it in conjunction with Nut Hydro and Special K in my particles :)

27 minutes ago, hutch said:

They will both work, cream based flavours can work really well in a fishmeal, Im sure JB doesnt recommend mixing TM1 with other flavours due to its complex make up, my preference is low level (1ml/1.5ml per kilo) of both these in a fishmeal food bait.

Yes, I use it in conjunction with Nut Hydro and Special K in my particles :)

JB likes to treat his bas mixes as untouchable, nice guy that will take time to respond to emails, he put me on the milk and honey mix with TM1 not a combo i would pick but john trckons that's a bait that will get eat if you put it in front of them, i had them coming right up in the margins for it in a peg that don't get fished much, it's all the yeasts in it, very complex bait, starts off with a noticable fizz in the aroma, onces it has been in the lake overnight it gives off a real meaty aroma. would love to know who supplies him. 

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 24/01/2023 at 14:27, Carpbell3 said:

Just looking at the trop mix at BAF think they have changed the mix as they are using NOR 70 fishmeal and CPSP 90 the original was LT90 and CPSP 90 so if you want the original you will need to make it up yourself.

From looking at the ing spec. there doesnt appear to be much difference other than the NOR 70 seems a touch more soluble so would probably require slightly less CSCP 90 in the mix, so i dont think it would make a great deal of difference to the attractivness of the mix

16 hours ago, hutch said:

From looking at the ing spec. there doesnt appear to be much difference other than the NOR 70 seems a touch more soluble so would probably require slightly less CSCP 90 in the mix, so i dont think it would make a great deal of difference to the attractivness of the mix

Aa baits are only doing 1 kilo of the LT90 per order Ecton Berry and there other baits had the NOR 70 in them and a very good bait they were.