January catch reports?

jh92

Has anyone caught anything this month? 

I went to a coarse fishery after the big perch but didn't manage one. 

I fished a small gudgeon as live bait on the bottom, had a few bangs but didn't connect to anything. I want to try using a float next time, theres a few different setups so need to decide how I want to present the bait lol.

The live bait lived to see another day and was released at the end of the session. I will probably try a small silver next time, using the small gudgeon as a live bait did leave me feeling quite conflicted 😂😂

I did have a really nice size gudgeon on float fished maggots that measured around 165mm/6.5 inches. No idea how I'd weigh a fish that small lol. I was pretty impressed with it so I took a photo to share 😆

IMG_20220123_114139.thumb.jpg.d3a67ddee9160e63b6d61081d85c0f14.jpg

I need to up my game and learn how to present the live bait better. If anyone uses live baits for perch I would love to see them 👍

On 23/01/2022 at 13:37, jh92 said:

Has anyone caught anything this month? 

I went to a coarse fishery after the big perch but didn't manage one. 

I fished a small gudgeon as live bait on the bottom, had a few bangs but didn't connect to anything. I want to try using a float next time, theres a few different setups so need to decide how I want to present the bait lol.

The live bait lived to see another day and was released at the end of the session. I will probably try a small silver next time, using the small gudgeon as a live bait did leave me feeling quite conflicted 😂😂

I did have a really nice size gudgeon on float fished maggots that measured around 165mm/6.5 inches. No idea how I'd weigh a fish that small lol. I was pretty impressed with it so I took a photo to share 😆

IMG_20220123_114139.thumb.jpg.d3a67ddee9160e63b6d61081d85c0f14.jpg

I need to up my game and learn how to present the live bait better. If anyone uses live baits for perch I would love to see them 👍

That’s a fair size for a Gudgeon  😳…. For a split second I thought it was a mackerel 

7 hours ago, commonly said:

Pleased to report both doing well.

Good to hear, and massive congrats to you mate👍

7 hours ago, commonly said:

Reminds me to wish Yonny's son happy birthday 🎂 

Thank you! He's turning 3 which just seems crazy to me. Where does the time go?????

We have another on the way, due early April, so you guys wont be seeing much of me on this thread this year 🤣

50 minutes ago, yonny said:

We have another on the way, due early April, so you guys wont be seeing much of me on this thread this year 🤣

Great news buddy, congrats!! 

50 minutes ago, yonny said:

Where does the time go?????

He'll soon be telling you you're going to be a grandad 😉☺️ 

Threenager!! Very hard to please but loads of fun. Massive rewards when you see them with the new baby

IMG_20220130_121431.jpg

10 hours ago, yonny said:

Thank you! He's turning 3 which just seems crazy to me. Where does the time go?????

Congrats on the new one🎉🎉,

fishing will be done for a while mate sorry to say , everyone says its just the same as having  one........ It isn't that's a lie 😀 they will pull you in different directions when one is sorted it's the other ones turn, good luck though 👍

Mine are 6 and 7, and have recently asked me what an f bomb means 😲 some kid at school taught them it, they grow up so fast, my little one wants to come night fishing this year though so hopefully that can get me out a bit more 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

On 01/02/2022 at 07:34, yonny said:

Very many congratulations mate 👍👍

Congratulations mate ....  lock down to blame 😁

Congrats, see you sometime in your mid 50s, it will all be a mystery to you moaning about new fangled tackle, until you finally join em