Allo Allo Allo ….

Greetings it’s been a while , such a while that I thought I’d post in this section .

who’s about these days ? 
Nick ? Nige ? Ian still about  Gaz maybe ?

Anyway after a seriously long sabbatical I’m considering picking up a rod again this year and be nice to catch up 😘

7 hours ago, newmarket said:

Greetings it’s been a while , such a while that I thought I’d post in this section .

who’s about these days ? 

Anyway after a seriously long sabbatical I’m considering picking up a rod again this year and be nice to catch up 😘

Yes, I'm still about and here to keep an eye on you! I'm delighted to see that you're back among us, welcome home, mate.

Ian.

16 hours ago, newmarket said:

who’s about these days ? 

No, i'm hiding😂😉

Good to see you back here, have missed you. 

16 hours ago, newmarket said:

who’s about these days ? 

West Ham in the top four , and Newmarket back posting on Carp.com - strange times indeed ! .

😁

23 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

I've been wondering where you'd gone, welcome back.  Still have chickens?

gettyimages-604209449-1024x1024.jpg

HaHa , unfortunately no mate not any more . The garden has now been taken by a couple of Greenhouses and a nice little pond .

Not as easy to maintain but looks a lot nicer . The Carp & Tinca’s are growing on nicely 👍🏻

19 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Welcome back, 

I had a break for a good long while, I'm obsessed again now be careful 😂

You’ll be able to point me in the right direction then cos I’ve forgotten most of this fishing lark 😊

16 hours ago, welder said:

Yes, I'm still about and here to keep an eye on you! I'm delighted to see that you're back among us, welcome home, mate.

Ian.

Ahhh I’m so glad you’re still about mate , THE most helpful man alive and a credit to this institution.

use to love your Stour and Avon stories 

(at least I think it was you mate 😊).

7 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

No, i'm hiding😂😉

Good to see you back here, have missed you. 

Likewise Nick .

my personal circumstances have changed quite a bit for the better since I last posted and I reckon I’ll be able to get out on the bank once again this year with a little luck . 

as I said above I’ve honestly forgotten a lot of the stuff we used to chat about and I’ve been studying your pinned Rig tying stickies & pics .

I reckon I’m going to have a few problems initially as though my dodgy shoulder always inhibited my casting , the last few years have seen the onset of arthritis in my fingers & forearm so tying rigs will be interesting.

This , I think , will change me into a fair weather fisherman .

so at the moment I’m just talking about it 🤣

2 hours ago, newmarket said:

Likewise Nick .

my personal circumstances have changed quite a bit for the better since I last posted and I reckon I’ll be able to get out on the bank once again this year with a little luck . 

as I said above I’ve honestly forgotten a lot of the stuff we used to chat about and I’ve been studying your pinned Rig tying stickies & pics .

I reckon I’m going to have a few problems initially as though my dodgy shoulder always inhibited my casting , the last few years have seen the onset of arthritis in my fingers & forearm so tying rigs will be interesting.

Fair weather angling is the best angling, don't worry about tying rigs Dan sorted that one a few years back, loops and booms or a chod on a boom, oh and there's 30lb fish all over the place a couple of thirties a summer is easily do-able.

You might find the banks are not as full as they used to be bar the popular spots at the weekends,  carpmachine copped a perma ban, came close myself, and the Cell still has not blown.

If you have the time making a real good home rolled bait really does get a good response on waters that have all the best baits going in on the regular if i was going to put maximum effort in to anything carpy it would be fresh rolled bait. 

Horse tips? your like the Bricktop of carp angling accent and everything.

On 13/01/2022 at 15:22, newmarket said:

Likewise Nick .

The rigs haven't changed yet...

5 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

The rigs haven't changed yet...

Thankfully, keep it simple and all that , but what in gods name is a “Ronny” ???

and copolymer ???? Never heard of that till yesterday 🤷🏻‍♂️
Another thing I’ve noticed is that a lot of the day ticket lakes that I used to frequent have changed to membership and club waters , even syndicates .

not good from my perspective, I’ll be having to do my homework I think so no change there I spose .

I see you’re still piking this time of year mate . And doing very well too .

Good stuff 👍🏻

On 13/01/2022 at 18:15, Carpbell_ll said:

Fair weather angling is the best angling, don't worry about tying rigs Dan sorted that one a few years back, loops and booms or a chod on a boom, oh and there's 30lb fish all over the place a couple of thirties a summer is easily do-able.

You might find the banks are not as full as they used to be bar the popular spots at the weekends,  carpmachine copped a perma ban, came close myself, and the Cell still has not blown.

If you have the time making a real good home rolled bait really does get a good response on waters that have all the best baits going in on the regular if i was going to put maximum effort in to anything carpy it would be fresh rolled bait. 

Horse tips? your like the Bricktop of carp angling accent and everything.

Thanks for chipping in son 👍🏻
Im sure there’s a joke in your first paragraph 😊

im still in touch with Cm and Cyborx , albeit infrequently.

Both Salts of the Earth yet not having the best of times albeit for different reasons .

Horses ? 
I’ve retired. Or at least I was made to 🤣

8 minutes ago, newmarket said:

Both Salts of the Earth yet not having the best of times albeit for different reasons .

Horses ? 

Were you a bit of a gambler then? I did wonder why you were called Newmarket, I had a good crack at betting for a good few years, fishing is much better for your mental health and probably cheaper too 😏

1 hour ago, newmarket said:

Horses ? 

Don't think cybrox got banned he always good for a page or two CM could sneak back in unless they IP-ed him. 

no joke you only need to tie  a palomar these days and your fishing, loops by korda i use them make a nice combi rig.  

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Were you a bit of a gambler then? I did wonder why you were called Newmarket, I had a good crack at betting for a good few years, fishing is much better for your mental health and probably cheaper too 😏

Yeah I spent most of my late teens/early 20’s working the circuit . It was a lot better than working at the time and made a lot of contacts ensuring I didn’t need to .

Happy days at the time but yes you are quite correct .

The peace tranquility and alone time was the initial appeal of going fishing all those years ago and will be once again hopefully.

I don’t think I ever went fishing with the intention of catching big fish . If that happened it was always a bonus and always will be .

im too long in the tooth now to ever take anything too seriously.

17 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Don't think cybrox got banned he always good for a page or two CM could sneak back in unless they IP-ed him. 

no joke you only need to tie  a palomar these days and your fishing, loops by korda i use them make a nice combi rig.  

Tying ANY sort of knot will be interesting lol

1 hour ago, newmarket said:

Yeah I spent most of my late teens/early 20’s working the circuit . It was a lot better than working at the time and made a lot of contacts ensuring I didn’t need to .

Happy days at the time but yes you are quite correct .

The peace tranquility and alone time was the initial appeal of going fishing all those years ago and will be once again hopefully.

I don’t think I ever went fishing with the intention of catching big fish . If that happened it was always a bonus and always will be .

im too long in the tooth now to ever take anything too seriously.

Yeah it was good when it was going well, I used to mess about with ratings and systems and spreadsheets a lot, but with a family and full time job something had to give, that was when the desire to fish came back again, now its my escape from the world and a much healthier obsession 😏

On 13/01/2022 at 15:22, newmarket said:

Likewise Nick .

Hi Newmarket 

As I usually put my foot in it I'm wary of asking , but how is T.J. ? .

Bait Boats are a emotive subject , but I would like to think that if you were to use a Bait Boat ( where permitted ) other anglers would see that it was because your dodgy shoulder was hindering / stopping your casting ? .

😃

12 hours ago, crusian said:

Hi Newmarket 

As I usually put my foot in it I'm wary of asking , but how is T.J. ? .

Bait Boats are a emotive subject , but I would like to think that if you were to use a Bait Boat ( where permitted ) other anglers would see that it was because your dodgy shoulder was hindering / stopping your casting ? .

😃

Blimey , you’ve got a good memory 😊

He’s fine mate , off to secondary school in September, and he’s been progressing so well that my Mrs has been able to go back to work full time .

We have a few small childcare issues but as I’m on a rotating shift pattern myself we are working around it nicely though it does mean there won’t be any weekday fishing trips outside the school holidays ( wifey works in a school).

His nagging me to take him fishing is one of the reasons my interest in this lark has been rekindled somewhat .

Im looking forward to introducing him to the art of bleak bashing and maggot drowning .

it’ll be a family day though as he currently has the attention span of about 10 minutes unless it features an Xbox .

Oh and bait boats are cheating 🤣🤣🤣🤣