Korda krank x or other strong hooks??

elmoputney

Hi guys 

Had a couple of hooks straighten out this weekend lost one and landed one but it was lucky the 2nd one , the one I lost I think I may have set the clutch a little tight on, so was probably my fault, but one was a mugga and the other a korda klor, I think I need a thicker gauge hook for the situation, I like the krank, works well on a Ronnie but the kamakura ones just get damaged too easily and the point goes over, I think the rudd must just play with it until its destroyed, so is the krank x a good choice? I'm fishing up to pads so i can't give it too much line but I have found if they just go in a bit they usually come out OK by sinking the rod tip so I don't need to be as heavy handed but obviously I need a strong hook? 

Any other recommendations? Or krank x? 

Edited by elmoputney

• elmoputney changed the title to Korda krank x or other strong hooks??
2 hours ago, yonny said:

Yes mate, decent choice.

The best snag hook I know of is the Cap R Us Centurion 2000. If this pattern can work with your rigs it's also a very good choice.

https://www.carprusdirect.com/product/ats-centurion-2000/

Thanks Yonny the krank is a pattern I like now, so will go with those I think for now,shame the kamakuras are so bendy as they are super sharp, i am basically just using Ronnie's at the minute keep it simple with a stiff boom and krimps, not sure if it made a difference but I've also used some of the coloured aligners, but I have caught fish with them now so it didn't put them off like I thought it would, 

11 hours ago, yonny said:

Yes mate, decent choice.

The best snag hook I know of is the Cap R Us Centurion 2000. If this pattern can work with your rigs it's also a very good choice.

https://www.carprusdirect.com/product/ats-centurion-2000/

Very good hook that. Very strong and one of my choices on Earith. 

Gardner Muggas, again good hook, probably one of my most used patterns. 

You want a hook very sharp out of the packet, have a look for VMC 7025.

They hold their point, and I bet very few people could get ANY sharper than them

On 14/09/2021 at 16:53, elmoputney said:

They look quite a nice hook too 👍

Have you used much of there bits, I often think they look good 

yes a fair bit of end tackle, the fused booms and leaders are good they are better than korda as they are pure fluorocarbon, tho combi booms are the best out there that fused section and ring really does make a neat rig. their lead clip leader with the long speed link is great on silty lakes. 

23 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

yes a fair bit of end tackle, the fused booms and leaders are good they are better than korda as they are pure fluorocarbon, tho combi booms are the best out there that fused section and ring really does make a neat rig. their lead clip leader with the long speed link is great on silty lakes. 

Just bought some of the hooks and various tidy booms to have a play with, couidnt resist 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Over the last 10 years i have searched for the strongest hook available ,i have straightened and snapped so many  on french rivers ,sadly i didn't have long enough this year to test them on any serious carp in france   but in my vice test , this rates very highly ,  ape-x continental 2xx by ridgemonkey , i use the straight point  but they do a curved hook also , 

1 hour ago, gagnaccarp said:

Over the last 10 years i have searched for the strongest hook available ,i have straightened and snapped so many  on french rivers ,sadly i didn't have long enough this year to test them on any serious carp in france   but in my vice test , this rates very highly ,  ape-x continental 2xx by ridgemonkey , i use the straight point  but they do a curved hook also , 

The krank x seemed to work out OK for me last time tbh, I think I will stick with those until they let me down or something but thanks will keep them in mind 👍