Whats the best tackle purchase you've bought?

DubVader

5 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Evening mate ..... your actually better off having less wraps on your spod... depth of water will dictate how many wraps short your need to be . The lead / rig  will swing back towards you on a tight line as you feel it down.  The deeper the water the further it will swing back towards you . 1ft back in every 3ft of water won't see you far away 😉

Well damn I thought I was doing it wrong! Lake im fishing is only 3-4ft deep in the spots im using at the moment. Cheers for the advice 👍 

1 hour ago, dayvid said:

Some years ago now ,but a Prestige power porter, never have to think about weight and can travel to the furthest swims with ease.

Have been dreaming on a powered barrow for a while, only real exercise I get is pushing my gear the mile I need to walk to my swims and im using a 3 wheel barrow so not even that bad haha

9 hours ago, DubVader said:

Have been dreaming on a powered barrow for a while, only real exercise I get is pushing my gear the mile I need to walk to my swims and im using a 3 wheel barrow so not even that bad haha

take some air out the wheels that will get your legs working, thought my barrow was fully inflated till i loaded it up the other day, I may as well been pushing it flat.

12 hours ago, chillfactor said:

You still walk your lines out don't you Nick ?

Or place my rigs by hand😉

Walking my lines out I found keeps out line twist, which I did get from distance sticks. Not sure of the physics of that but distance sticks definitely increased it. 

34 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

take some air out the wheels that will get your legs working, thought my barrow was fully inflated till i loaded it up the other day, I may as well been pushing it flat.

Have been there before, was shocked by the difference when I pumped the tyres up got some good exercise for a little while but definitely happier when it's easier haha

Putting carbon on the back burner and fishing with vintage gear... best thing by far in all my fishing... I packed up match fishing and started fishing for myself once I stopped using carbon... now pretty much all my fishing is done with old gear... I doesn't catch me more... but I'm happier on my days out now the pressure is off 

16 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

Putting carbon on the back burner and fishing with vintage gear... best thing by far in all my fishing... I packed up match fishing and started fishing for myself once I stopped using carbon... now pretty much all my fishing is done with old gear... I doesn't catch me more... but I'm happier on my days out now the pressure is off 

I think that is the key mate just to enjoy your fishing, then it doesn't get tough, it's just nice to be out 👍

26 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I think that is the key mate just to enjoy your fishing, then it doesn't get tough, it's just nice to be out 👍

Spot on mate... When I blanked I used to beat meself up mentally every time.. "why didn't I catch ? What could I have done differently ?  Was I in the wrong spot ?

Now if I blank... so what...?  Since I took the pressure off I have caught more and enjoyed my sport from an aesthetic point of view taking more notice of nature and surroundings... enjoy the journey as well as the destination...👍

3 hours ago, bluelabel said:

I dont fish with any vintage gear but I do something similar when I'm beating myself up when not catching many carp or just little ones, I will go out with just a single light rod small reel and a tub of maggots and go for roach and perch and just enjoy being beside a nice little water or a river and enjoy just catching what comes along

4 hours ago, DubVader said:

I dont fish with any vintage gear but I do something similar when I'm beating myself up when not catching many carp or just little ones, I will go out with just a single light rod small reel and a tub of maggots and go for roach and perch and just enjoy being beside a nice little water or a river and enjoy just catching what comes along

Did that yesterday...

20210913_105334.jpg