Whats the best tackle purchase you've bought?

DubVader

17 minutes ago, DubVader said:

I dont really use bait screws much myself, have a fair few of them but always seem to reach for the micro swivels and bait floss for some reason

Bait floss and rig rings for me. 

Hard to say on best tackle, possibly the big RH cradle, better than flat mats imo, or quite possibly the Solar P1 Pod. The versatility is darn good from low tips, to 5ft high for distance and to get over weed with just an additional set of stainless banksticks. 

Stainless banksticks, never destroyed some are original Solar's from 1994/5 time, possibly even earlier

9 hours ago, DubVader said:

I dont really use bait screws much myself, have a fair few of them but always seem to reach for the micro swivels and bait floss for some reason

Too much messing about 😂

Another product I really like is the tfg airbomb, every one always uses a spomb usually while I think there is a place for really tight baiting, I like the spread you can get from an airbomb, and the fact it doesn't actually land right over your spot,, takes a little getting used too, but for me it's a bit of an edge as everyone uses bait boats on the lake I fish. 

9 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Bait floss and rig rings for me. 

Hard to say on best tackle, possibly the big RH cradle, better than flat mats imo, or quite possibly the Solar P1 Pod. The versatility is darn good from low tips, to 5ft high for distance and to get over weed with just an additional set of stainless banksticks. 

Stainless banksticks, never destroyed some are original Solar's from 1994/5 time, possibly even earlier

The solar pod was something I really wanted, I went with the pod made by Defiant MPS and never really use it. Single bank sticks are the one for me personally, solar gear is expensive but what I do have of theirs has always been top notch quality.

Recently saw a set of solar bobbins on ebay for 350 quid though and just couldn't understand why the price was so high

12 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Too much messing about 😂

Another product I really like is the tfg airbomb, every one always uses a spomb usually while I think there is a place for really tight baiting, I like the spread you can get from an airbomb, and the fact it doesn't actually land right over your spot,, takes a little getting used too, but for me it's a bit of an edge as everyone uses bait boats on the lake I fish. 

I saw the airbomb and thought it looked interesting, I'm fairly new to spodding and was recommended the dot spod by nash for accuracy and I'm still not brilliant at getting it where I want, do you think the airbomb would be a better option even though I'm not that accurate with casting?

1 hour ago, DubVader said:

I saw the airbomb and thought it looked interesting, I'm fairly new to spodding and was recommended the dot spod by nash for accuracy and I'm still not brilliant at getting it where I want, do you think the airbomb would be a better option even though I'm not that accurate with casting?

That's the thing I was never that accurate with a spomb the odd one goes off target , but with the airbomb you can make a nice carpet of bait to get them moving between mouthfuls, so a slightly off one isnt the end of the world just makes your patch slightly bigger 😂

Edited by elmoputney

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

That's the thing I was never that accurate with a spomb the odd one goes off target , but with the airbomb you can make a nice carpet of bait to get them moving between mouthfuls, so a slightly off one isnt the end of the world just makes your patch slightly bigger 😂

Will have to pick one up and give it a go as I said my accuracy is all over the place and I'm currently fishing a shallow lake so the spread from the dot spod is barely anything especially as I'm on an all out boilie approach until the water get cold 

54 minutes ago, DubVader said:

Will have to pick one up and give it a go as I said my accuracy is all over the place and I'm currently fishing a shallow lake so the spread from the dot spod is barely anything especially as I'm on an all out boilie approach until the water get cold 

How far out you fishing that's the only thing it doesnt cast as well as a spomb and I struggle to get it that far, but that's probably me, I'm no Terry Edmunds 😳

How far out you fishing that's the only thing it doesnt cast as well as a spomb and I struggle to get it that far, but that's probably me, I'm no Terry Edmunds 😳

not that far really, the majority of the time on the current water is about 50-60 yards at the most extreme and around 40 for the majority of the casts I need to make. I'm not too bad on distance when casting just getting the [censored] where I want it always seems to land to the right of my spot and then I adjust and end up going left or landing on the blooming island lol

2 hours ago, DubVader said:

not that far really, the majority of the time on the current water is about 50-60 yards at the most extreme and around 40 for the majority of the casts I need to make. I'm not too bad on distance when casting just getting the [censored] where I want it always seems to land to the right of my spot and then I adjust and end up going left or landing on the blooming island lol

Will be fine at that sort of range I think, it's quite good for baiting up to things as well because it always drops short so in theory you won't lose them 😂

Will be fine at that sort of range I think, it's quite good for baiting up to things as well because it always drops short so in theory you won't lose them 😂

I've always given an extra half a wrap or so on my spodding rod just to make sure it doesnt drop short not sure if thats actually the correct thing to do or not

23 hours ago, DubVader said:

I've always given an extra half a wrap or so on my spodding rod just to make sure it doesnt drop short not sure if thats actually the correct thing to do or not

Evening mate ..... your actually better off having less wraps on your spod... depth of water will dictate how many wraps short your need to be . The lead / rig  will swing back towards you on a tight line as you feel it down.  The deeper the water the further it will swing back towards you . 1ft back in every 3ft of water won't see you far away 😉

2 hours ago, B B said:

Distance sticks…no more walking up the bank in wet grass and mud in the middle of the night sometimes 80 + yds … I swear I put on weight in the 1st month I used them 

That's what spare bankstick's are for😅😉

Distance sticks were the first revolutionary thing I tried when I got back into fishing have to say I agree they are a brilliant invention 👍

I used to just use storm poles did for years ... but when I first changed from walking out to wraps , like BB said what a difference.