Insect Boilie basemix.

hi all,

hope you can help. so I've been thinking about making up a insect base mix for boilies. and I'm after some help on binders and good strong attractors in both liquid form and powder form. if you could help that'll be much appreciated. I no semo and soya maize meal etc. are great binders. I'm lookin for a 10kilo base mix batch

cheers 

Ryan 

CLO and WPC 80 are good binders, blood plasma and whey gel will help firm up a soft mix also the micronised products can do a job as well, wheat is the one i have used in the past, the problem you might face is having your pants pulled down on the price of insect meal unless you have a good source. 

dna and another company do a insect meal bait don't think dna have put the dry base mix on sale yet, the other company i cant recall the name but they have been doing a bug bait before dna, one of the guys on the lake was using it last year as a tester with the liquids and that, done really well with it, i know a few guys are using it this year, you really do have to put a few kilo in the lake to get the results.

it's not the next mainline cell if you ever seen the dna lads baiting up you would see what i mean. their bait has won a lot of the qualifiers in the bcac matches. 

Prosecto insectivorous, Red Factor, casein and Semolina. 

Prosecto is basically a bird food with insects in its make up, been around for years. 

Since it does not bind well you do need the Red Factor and semolina if you mix it with casein. 

Would appear Prosecto doesnt contain insects in it any more

Please note: Prosecto for fishing does not include insects

The BAF product is coming soon, looks like its not something that would make a big part of your overall mix but i might be wrong as there isnt much information available yet

Insect Pro

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/07/2021 at 10:46, hutch said:

Would appear Prosecto doesnt contain insects in it any more

The BAF product is coming soon, looks like its not something that would make a big part of your overall mix but i might be wrong as there isnt much information available yet

Insect Pro

It does still contain molluscs and crustaceans. 

You could do worse than have a look in your local pet store or animal feed store. You should find lots of meal worms, larvae and grubs etc. there for reptiles. Just need to grind them up, and good to go.

You'll find lots of info about boilie making online. I'm sure there's lots of info on this forum. That's a whole other can of worms! (Couldn't resist it!)

8 hours ago, dalej2014 said:

A number of them float. 

Any insect ingredients from crushed or  liquidised insects will need to be 'tested' to see whether you need to add heavier ingredients.