rolling rounds and results

Left this lot out for a few extra days before freezing, just got that white crystal look to them.

Was going to get out this weekend but there's a work party on at the lakes give them a test run next week she has her op next wensday then it's daily visits for radio therapy should be able to fit a window between the two for getting out.

20230222_111719.jpg

33 minutes ago, Carpbell3 said:

Left this lot out for a few extra days before freezing, just got that white crystal look to them.

Was going to get out this weekend but there's a work party on at the lakes give them a test run next week she has her op next wensday then it's daily visits for radio therapy should be able to fit a window between the two for getting out.

20230222_111719.jpg

Stick them in a bucket and cover in pellets and they will keep.

• 1 month later...

Just got some ho9k ba8ts made.

Got bottom baits which are JB supermilk hook bait mix with the added haiths attraction package.

The pop ups look a bit special it's the AABaits CPS fishmeal pop up mix which is white so I blended a small amount of fluro orange pop up mix and the haiths Robin Orange and krill got a real nice liquid package in them plum and TM1 the butternut cell and a drop of talin they smell like fresh strawberry jam that drop of talin makes a big difference, once they are dry I will glug half of each in the DMPT liquid that will take a light plum flavour with a dusting of the toffee powder.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Carpbell3 said:

The latest batch of the SRNs these have as much haiths clo, Nectar blend and prosco as you could get in a bait they should break down a lot faster than the other baits of the same ingredients I have rolled they have no semolina flour just 100 grams of soy.

20230422_095525.jpg

They look good almost crunchy, should be a winner hopefully 

14 hours ago, elmoputney said:

They look good almost crunchy, should be a winner hopefully 

11 hours ago, B B said:

I thought the same looks like Ferraro Rocher chocolates 🤔
Must be a buzz when you catch off your homemade baits 👍

That's what I was aiming for the crunch is egg biscuit and cereal plus seeds there are whole hemp seeds and Niger.

The powders are soy, peanut protein and tigernut flour then there are the soluble goods beef liver and the reactive bits which are krill and glm plus the yeast mix

Finished with a few creamy goods and flavour enhancers liquids are buttercell nut with glm and CSL.

The mixer could do with being larger it won't do a kilo without some stopping and starting to rearrange the mix, putting the liquid in first and half a kilo of mix on top of the liquid works best switch on and it mixes in no time.

Glad I went with the kitchen aid really does handle a very stiff mix I would still go with the buffalo as it is bigger only the sale ended before I could get one, plus the Mrs got me this on here store card from currys... and not one cake has been made lol.

She is a good angler herself just doesn't have any interest in carp fishing other than seriose mickey taking, you should hear it when the korda lads are on the telly, she naned the dog after freddie mercury.

The darker and lighter shades is due to differant amounts of liquid in each half kilo mix one has more squid than the other will be doing some hookbaits out of the darker portion said it bef9re but, that talin really does make for a very appealing scent really does work well with the JB flavours.

• 5 weeks later...

Time to commit to a longterm base mix now I have a idea how things work.

I will continue to make my own krill haiths mix but for a solid fishmeal I'm getting a base mix from scientific bait the Frankie mix I like what I'm seeing it's a lt fishmeal with seaweed and yeasts herbs and spices oils and frankfurter notes.

My krill mix is about there just need to refine and replace a few things cut back on the tiger nut flour and add some whey ingredients the buttercell nut glm liquid is staying I will be getting that in large amounts.

Try and get out for next weekish

On 30/05/2023 at 14:04, Carpbell3 said:

I will continue to make my own krill haiths mix but for a solid fishmeal I'm getting a base mix from scientific bait the Frankie mix I like what I'm seeing it's a lt fishmeal with seaweed and yeasts herbs and spices oils and frankfurter notes.

If your going to be using some of Dean's (Dean Towey) gear you might want to listen to some of his podcasts on the subject :)

https://www.youtube.com/@CarpChronicles

On 03/06/2023 at 12:05, hutch said:

If your going to be using some of Dean's (Dean Towey) gear you might want to listen to some of his podcasts on the subject :)

https://www.youtube.com/@CarpChronicles

I have watched a few of deans videos, without sounding too smart farce I was thinking similar myself for a frankfurter fishmeal, would be foolish not to go with a well designed base mix that has everything I want the herbs and spice mix alone would be a sod for me to mix up his thoughts on the seaweed are on point to say the least something I would of give a miss. It's  his work so I will not say too much on why and what it can work better than that's added to most baits to raise food signal attraction.

Got his Bait Anthology book coming aswell just the bits online about semolina flour are away from the norm you might say.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...