rolling rounds and results

3 hours ago, emmcee said:

When rolling my own baits I've only ever used wpc (whey protein concentrate) as my main binder binder. 

Have been looking into the whey powders would need to be a small amount as I want a fast break down of the soluble ingredients. 

30 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

CLO should be a good binder in its own right.

I have c&p'd it's properties:

They recommend up to 300 grams in a kilo was hoping to use around 250 grams added to 250 grams of 50 50 mix 500 grams of 50 50 mix alone would be no differant to a retail bait recipe. Haiths have some amazing bird food ingredients.

On 21/01/2023 at 21:23, Carpbell3 said:

Have been looking into the whey powders would need to be a small amount as I want a fast break down of the soluble ingredients. 

They recommend up to 300 grams in a kilo was hoping to use around 250 grams added to 250 grams of 50 50 mix 500 grams of 50 50 mix alone would be no differant to a retail bait recipe. Haiths have some amazing bird food ingredients.

Have you looked at some of the 3 in 1 haiths mixes? Marine Red looked pretty good I thought for a base mix, I just happened to be browsing the other day and I saw them and thought that might make a decent home roller bait, 

18 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Have you looked at some of the 3 in 1 haiths mixes? Marine Red looked pretty good I thought for a base mix, I just happened to be browsing the other day and I saw them and thought that might make a decent home roller bait, 

Sure have will be getting some of the nectar blend and prosecto 👍

That's all the kit sourced got a leccy caulking gun 600ml as recommended on YouTube.

A 12 litre steamer which should do a kilo at a time and leave room for the bait to cook even.

Nice little mixer said to have plenty of poke.

Also ordered a few ingredients haith's is their CLO, prosecto, nectar blend and the robin orange.

Also got a few bits from AAbaits meals, solubles and a real nice looking yeast liquid.

Oh, trying there pop up mix comes with nutrition in the mix said to be good for taking on liquids when mixing.

54 minutes ago, framey said:

Why does the pop up mix have nutrition as they never eat it 

surely  the same profile is the one ?

Added attraction the mix is made up with soluble ingredients to help leak out more attraction from flavours and other bits.

You can add krill meal too they put the LT90 fishmeal in and milk powders.

Start stocking the freezer up today 

A 450 to 500 percent haith's mix made up of CLO Nectar blend prosecto and a dash of the Robin O.

The other half will be a beef liver and peanut mix with a small amount of GLM, krill and a yeast mix added to 200 grams of tiger nut flour

Liquids will be a mix of CLO and Buttercell nut with GLM plus a bit of hemp oil.

20230203_090639.jpg

All made from carp bait ingredients no bad stuff the peanut is a protein powder smells well nice like how I imagine one of those sweet vendors stalls in Asia to smell went very subtle on the flavor 1ml of plum and two ml of the TM1. Glad I went light on the krill strong stuff holds together nice you can see the flecks of krill meat in the bait when gunning out.

Got what looks like a fast breakdown time for the soluble ingredients, pumps out the bait when in water.

Full ingredients list

200 grams haith's CLO

200 Nectar blend 

200 tiger nut flour 

100 beef liver

100 peanut protein 

30 robin orange 

30 cel yeast

30 nucleus yeast

50 krill

50 GLM

10 gram flour

Will be cutting the Nectar blend to 100 grams and adding a mix of 100 grams of 50 50 base mix.

Liquids 20 ml CSL and 30 ml buttercel nut GLM

10 eggs will be doing 10 eggs and 1 egg white in the next mix.

Any advice would be welcome the first kilo rolled nice and half the second kilo of mix rolled ok, I left the other half in the fridge overnight and I only just got it to roll was a bit dry for the table thinking a bit less bird feed and a touch more 50 50 base mix should help it roll smoother maybe more egg I used 10 medium eggs an extra egg white or two maybe?

Also on the steaming front, really like the steam cooking you can see a coating of soluble ingredients on the bait it is brought out when cooking but doesn't get lost in boiling water kind of forms around the bait when dry.

Already got a blueprint forming for a homemade steamer using a wallpaper stripper like one of those big stand up ones you can slide racks into... Still a very vague blueprint at the mo.

10 hours ago, Carpbell3 said:

Any advice would be welcome the first kilo rolled nice and half the second kilo of mix rolled ok, I left the other half in the fridge overnight and I only just got it to roll was a bit dry for the table thinking a bit less bird feed and a touch more 50 50 base mix should help it roll smoother maybe more egg I used 10 medium eggs an extra egg white or two maybe?

I used to make enough paste to fill the bait gun and that's it. So instead of doing 6eggs or in your case 10eggs at once , I did say 2 eggs at a time. Don't get me wrong,  I would blitz say 30 eggs at a time, add liquids etc and I worked out that 150ml of the egg mix plus base mix would fill the gun perfectly. It meant I did say 12 mixes instead of 5 but I had no paste  sitting and therefore drying out/ stiffening up. . 

15 hours ago, hutch said:

Loving the effort and enthusiasm on this thread Carpbell3 your going to enjoy that first fish rolling over the net cord

Cheers, I'm just trying to get a stand out base mix made from a good amount of birdfoods as opposed to the retail baits they have no crunch or or chunks of meal, bird food and milk baits are not available they don't handle well .

Will be adding a 100 gram mix of 50 50 to the haiths side of things the prosecto goes in at 50 grams 30 grams of the robin orange 200 clo and 120 Nectar blend will be about right.

Must say, buying ingredients isn't that pricy a kilo of any meal could go towards 20 kilo of bait you can get a real good fishmeal for less than a fiver per kilo.

Get back to making some bait up later today now that talin has turned up, this will be the mix I use to make some cork chunks pop ups to match the base mix.

The betaine is to be sprinkled on the finished bait before freezing.

The DMPT liquid is a hook bait glug and won't be going anywhere near the base mix you would need a proper set of plums to use that with confidence in a feed bait.