2021 carp porter fat boy

1 minute ago, pablo7uk said:

Yeah I saw a couple of YouTube videos that showed how much difference the correct load can make so I'll definitely be having a practice with the gear to see how it feels.

Is it quite common to get punctures? I did consider waiting for all terrain wheel version but carp porter couldn't give a date for restocking so I opted for the fat boy instead.

My Barrow has an inflatable tyre and touch wood I've not had any punctures, but you can buy the puncture proof wheels, I'm sureย  carp porter sell them as an extra or get one of ebay as long as you get the right size.๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

6 hours ago, pablo7uk said:

get punctures

My mates one finally went last trip, he's had it about 5 years, so lasted well.ย 

My mk2 wheel is 8 years old, never had a puncture but does need pumping up every now and then.ย 

As before, makes getting all your kit to the bank a lot more comfortable.ย 

Enjoy mate

ย 

17 hours ago, commonly said:

My mates one finally went last trip, he's had it about 5 years, so lasted well.ย 

My mk2 wheel is 8 years old, never had a puncture but does need pumping up every now and then.ย 

As before, makes getting all your kit to the bank a lot more comfortable.ย 

Enjoy mate

ย 

Ah great, sounds good to me then! It arrived last night. Roll on Friday for the first session

30 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

Got the Mk2 Wideboy had it for a long time, no issues with it - only had to buy a new wheel for it after many years of use, pretty sure the new one is puncture proof from memory but could be wrong, cost about 50 quid.ย  I'll probably upgrade for a power porter at some point in the future.

ย 

ย 

Judging by the replies it sounds like they stand the test of time which is a good sign of quality kit. No wonder they have such a reputation for their barrows

20 minutes ago, pablo7uk said:

Judging by the replies it sounds like they stand the test of time which is a good sign of quality kit. No wonder they have such a reputation for their barrows

I don't think you can go wrong with carp porter stuff tbh - I've also got the food bag that fits on the front bar, another great bit of kit.

11 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

Show off lol

I'm waiting for the drive-able version to come out!ย  It's got bags for days!

ย 

Like a sit on lawn mower? Haha

Just set it up tonight, feels really solid and so easy to pack down for the car. Can fully remove the wheel and handles with 4 knobs! Then the rest folds flat. When you push it empty it feels like it weighs literally nothing... Not 16kg or whatever it is!

ย 

ย 

On 16/06/2021 at 11:18, kevtaylor said:

Show off lol

I'm waiting for the drive-able version to come out!ย  It's got bags for days!

ย 

Motability disability scooter loaded to the gunnels...ย 

Think I need that!ย 

Only problem you would need a van or trailer for it๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

49 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Think I need that!ย 

ย 

already seen it done at barston i was impressed,ย  keptย the steering and replaced everything else with a flat platform one of the guys in bcac matches.ย ย 

8 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Think I need that!ย 

ย 

Thought had crossed my mind lol ๐Ÿ‘

I'm only put off by the van and trailer part ๐Ÿคฃ

Edited by kevtaylor