9 Foot Nash Scope Rods

Evening chaps. Im in the market for a pair of 9 foot carp rods, iv looked at various brands including century, sonik, wychwood and Nash, iv never given the Nash scope range a chance having never had any experience with any of their tackle or gear. Naturally after looking for a compact set of Rods I was drawn to the Nash scope rods but know nothing about them, after trying to do a little research iv found people are massive fans of these rods and a set of people who either don't like them or have had issues in the past with them. Which had me struggling to find a good unbiased review of them.

So really I'm looking for anyone who has had or has these rods and could give a genuine review/opinion for someone who is looking at buying a pair now.

Thanks

Dash

Just now, framey said:

I have actually seen one snap at the tip and it wasn’t incorrectly bent 

it was supposed to be a raffle prize... taken out of the wrapping for everyone to look at

don’t know if they have sorted that problem now

I have used grey stalkers And esp stalkers can’t fault either of those 

I have a Nash dwarf spod rod and a wychwood utility rod both in 9 foot versions

and have a set of 9 foot dymag customs to try out when I get round to it

1 hour ago, framey said:

I have actually seen one snap at the tip and it wasn’t incorrectly bent 

it was supposed to be a raffle prize... taken out of the wrapping for everyone to look at

don’t know if they have sorted that problem now

Not the only one. We had Nash rods come into the shop straight from the port, the rep used to get regular phone calls to replace rods that were already damaged. 

I was using my 9' Dwarf's yesterday (blanked) they work well enough and I have handled a pair of 9' Scopes... my opinion...? Go for the Dwarfs... the extra cost of the Scopes isn't warranted when compared to the mk2 Dwarfs... the carbon on the Scopes has less resin and is brittle... I personally think that the Dwarf is the better rod...Does everything a Scope can do and over a hundred quid cheaper... as an option I think that a few other companies are getting in on the act too... Sonik have a range of 9 footers I believe, and I think Fox have a range to look at... have a good look round before you splash the cash... more expensive does not necessarily mean better....

On 03/03/2021 at 18:58, framey said:

I have used grey stalkers And esp stalkers can’t fault either of those 

I have a Nash dwarf spod rod and a wychwood utility rod both in 9 foot versions

and have a set of 9 foot dymag customs to try out when I get round to it

The 9FT esp stalker rods have caught my eye to be honest mate, seems good value for money at £65, would be interested to hear what you thought about them. 

Dash