Diawa floorit fluoro mainlines

Hi guys 

Having recently decided to go bushwhacker crazy, I was thinking I probably want a nice heavy sinking, low stretch,near invisible line to be extra covert (braid is banned otherwise I would) I had a little look at the tackle box line test and this one seemed to come out OK, but has anyone used it before? 20lb seems to fail at 17lb so can cope with some stick and I probably won't use it to cast with 

It's £40 for a 1000m so before I commit to a fluorocarbon mainline I want to know its going to be OK 😁

I also looked at the Gardner mirage as an option, also if anyone has any recommendations would be nice to hear them 

Cheers 

Elmo 

Fluoro is great for sinking (double the density of water), near invisible, pretty tough and it isn't affected by sunlight degradation like mono's. Unfortunately when you have some great plus points, like most things in life, there's always a downside.

I used X line for a while but hated it so much I gave the rest of the bulk spool to a mate.

After several years I decided to try fluoro again and bought some Berkley CF600 after seeing some good reviews. I loaded it on the spools and the stuff was literally leaping off as I was winding it on. First time out I was casting out 40 yards to the far bank on a long narrow lake and had a wind knot in the middle and created a huge bird-nest. The stuff is stiffer and more wiry than mono's and you're not going to cast it as far. (Understatement!)

However, I have still got it on my (spare shallow) spool and I have been using it but you have to treat it with a bit more thought than mono's. The first thing is to stretch it before use as this increases it's handling and it will wind on a lot better. Then before you cast out the first good few trips, walk out your casting distance and stretch it again and it should behave much better.

I've still got it on my reels as I haven't fished long distance for quite a while and am fairly happy with it. I did look at the Daiwa and Gardner and both seem to be OK and would happily use any of them, even X line as at the time I probably didn't look into it enough and treat them differently to mono's.

Thanks for the reply Golden Paws 

One thing I've spotted this morning whilst looking was soaking it in warm water before you spool it is really meant to help, I usually do this with mono anyway as it seems to go on better, then put it on under tension to spool it on, I use one of those Contraptions you put on a table with a spring so you can add a little resistance whilst winding it on, seems to work OK usually with mono, so maybe that will help, 

I also read about the regular cleaning and stretching of it, I will be using it on my 2nd spools so I will still have hydrotuff loaded if I need it, I just think it could be a good idea for what I need it for, it will sink, be invisible and low stretch, when I looked at this guide below, the floor it just seemed a little stronger than the rest, fox illusion might not be so bad but I got burnt with their exocet braid that was absolute pony 😭 but strength is no good if it isn't supple and good at the rest of the job too 👍 Screenshot_20210206_125452_com.google.android_apps_docs.thumb.jpg.985e1ea75f585f26b45addc29853469a.jpg

Iv used X line and found it wiry and also didn’t enjoy using it one bit.... but on a small water I fished that was 3-4 ft deep and with a family of swans it was invaluable and helped put two low 20’s on the bank. It casts better with a bigger spool on your reel and gets dirty but a wet wipe used now and then fixes that on your trip, after seeing how the line gets dirty I got into the habit of cleaning all my lines I use. Looking forward to hearing how you get on with the feeder pole it would have perfect on that small water. 

51C08647-BEA7-4957-AC63-5B711D78E406.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Tiger line  never had a problem with it, PB Products do a fluro that is claimed to be way ahead of anything else, going by the price i doubt many will be using it.  400M for 60 notes.

https://anglersworld.ie/products/pb-products-ghost-dragonfly-fluorocarbon

Didn't know about tiger line, what lb bs do you normally use? I would probably go for 20lb I would think as I want it to be as strong as possible as i will be doing some snag fishing, 

I think my options so far are tiger line or diawa floorit, 

Has anyone used korda kontour? 

Thanks for the replies all 👍

30 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Didn't know about tiger line, what lb bs do you normally use? I would probably go for 20lb I would think as I want it to be as strong as possible as i will be doing some snag fishing, 

I use the 16lb which seems way too fine when you first get hold of it. when I first put it on the reels I went to a field and casted them out tied it off to the goal posts and reeled in I was near casting the length of the pitch with 2 oz leads and 6000 baitrunners on 10 foot rods I would happily use the 12lb tiger line but that might get moaned about.

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I know a few people rate Tiger line, I think Johnson Ross sell it in 1000 and 250 metre spools. 

I have used P Line Floroclear in 15lb, a fluoro coated copolymer, that is good stuff. I have to have a good search on ebay and buy a few spools at a time as it is imported, often from Poland or USA. (There is currently one spool on the bay in UK and carriage on the Polish is around £9.90).

P Line do do Tactical Fluorocarbon, but I have not heard on seen reviews. 

I've used the daiwa floorit. It's still on the spools on my 3lb Tc rods. I found it a good line. Sinks and casts ok for a fluro.  I had it on all my spools, only changing to gardener gt/hd when I got on my current lake as I wanted a line that would cast but also sink in time. On a side note,  I've never had so much line frap or line twist since going over to the gt/hd.  Definitely be changing that before I go again.  

Oh, I've got a couple of spools with the fox flurocarbon on them, it's pretty good. Sinks like a stone but not good for casting (if you want to hit 100yds I mean). 

1 hour ago, framey said:

Easier to replace as a 1 shot spool when needed though 

back it out with cheap line first..

That's always the trouble with bulk spools, i always find one has less on than the others 😂

52 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I know a few people rate Tiger line, I think Johnson Ross sell it in 1000 and 250 metre spools. 

I have used P Line Floroclear in 15lb, a fluoro coated copolymer, that is good stuff. I have to have a good search on ebay and buy a few spools at a time as it is imported, often from Poland or USA. (There is currently one spool on the bay in UK and carriage on the Polish is around £9.90).

P Line do do Tactical Fluorocarbon, but I have not heard on seen reviews. 

I found the tiger line on Johnson Ross also it is over £65 for 3 spools or 250m per reel the 1000m is out of stock in 20lb 

I just just lashed out and bought the UK p line thanks one quick question does it sink really well and not stretch much? I know it is a bit late but it was a bargain if it works 😁 I seem to remember the guys on carp cast banging on about p line and saying how good it was, 

30 minutes ago, emmcee said:

I've used the daiwa floorit. It's still on the spools on my 3lb Tc rods. I found it a good line. Sinks and casts ok for a fluro.  I had it on all my spools, only changing to gardener gt/hd when I got on my current lake as I wanted a line that would cast but also sink in time. On a side note,  I've never had so much line frap or line twist since going over to the gt/hd.  Definitely be changing that before I go again.  

Oh, I've got a couple of spools with the fox flurocarbon on them, it's pretty good. Sinks like a stone but not good for casting (if you want to hit 100yds I mean). 

Thanks for that, I was hoping someone would have a good word to say, carpology Joe also said it cast well but he seems to say everything is brilliant so you sometimes have to take it with a pinch of salt, I doubt i will need to cast it that far, most of my fishing will be fairly close range this year, I've just bought the P LINE but if I don't like that I think I might get the floorit next 👍

11 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I just just lashed out and bought the UK p line thanks one quick question does it sink really well and not stretch much? I know it is a bit late but it was a bargain if it works 😁 I seem to remember the guys on carp cast banging on about p line and saying how good it was, 

Yes it does sink well. Stretch is around 10%, roughly half of what mono is. 

One thing, if there is algae in the water, as with any line, it does bring it to the surface. 

I do like it and use it when I can get hold of it. 

50 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Yes it does sink well. Stretch is around 10%, roughly half of what mono is. 

One thing, if there is algae in the water, as with any line, it does bring it to the surface. 

I do like it and use it when I can get hold of it. 

Good stuff will look forward to giving it a go thanks, 

22 minutes ago, yonny said:

The Hydrotuff you already use will be more than up to this imo mate.

I did think that afterwards tbh I might test the stretch against the p line, I have no gripes with the hydrotuff I really want less stretch so I can stick it under trees more, 😂

Tbh the bushwhacker may have to go on hold for now as we've just been shafted by our local council, universal credit is only credit if you don't work at all, because I work my wife is entitled to basically sod all, makes me wonder why we both paid all our taxes for all these years,it's a one way street, I've written a strongly worded email to our local mp this morning, the system is corrupt and I intend to fight the power 😳

• 3 weeks later...