January catch reports...

bluelabel

Good luck mate, won’t catch them on your sofa! 

I’ve been thinking over today’s session, one thing that hit me was how much colder the pond and the surroundings were compared to the rest of the area. The pond is surrounded by woods all around and the sun never really got on the water, keeping temperatures low. In the sunlight it felt much warmer. 

picked the wrong venue I think, next time out I’ll try my other winter water. 

1 minute ago, ouchthathurt said:

Good luck mate, won’t catch them on your sofa! 

I’ve been thinking over today’s session, one thing that hit me was how much colder the pond and the surroundings were compared to the rest of the area. The pond is surrounded by woods all around and the sun never really got on the water, keeping temperatures low. In the sunlight it felt much warmer. 

picked the wrong venue I think, next time out I’ll try my other winter water. 

I’ll be up there about 4 o’clock in the morning I’m going to try hot ground bait see if putting a bit of hot stuff out I’ve enough vitalin to keep it going throughout the day and something different boiling hot particles 

6 hours ago, yonny said:

Keep an eye on this Thursday lads. Temps into double figures, pressure around 995, decent breeze. Air temps will be higher than water temps so it's odds on they'll be on the end of the wind. Might be a window of opportunity. Good luck if you can get out.

Yeah I’ve been keeping an eye on the weather, Thursday is the only day I’m working this week! 😫

I might be able to wet a line tomorrow, not ideal conditions, but there’s a rain front coming in about mid morning and it’s supposed to be a few degrees warmer so I’ll give it a go and see what happens. 

1 hour ago, chillfactor said:

Get on them mate 👊🎣

Zigs?

Mate has his Deeper out at weekend, (not where we was fishing) showing me a video today, was all over the lake with it around 5/6 unison all over, the odd 1 or 2 fish millowing about around 4ft Mark, but found a 8 foot hole and about 50 fish all bunched together, from about 4ft to the bottom 8ft.