Nutrabaits Guava

Twobags

On 21/01/2021 at 11:33, Twobags said:

Im looking back at some past recipes and for some strange reason the quantities are missing,

Im looking at 

Big Fish Mix

Green lipped mussel extract

Corn steep liquor

Black pepper oil

Guava nutrafruit

Im hoping somebody can help me out

So, 

16oz BFM

2grms GLM

20ml CSL

4 drops Black pepper oil

3ml Guava nutrafruit 

Copied from a 2013 post on here , 

BFM recipe - To make 16oz of base mix:

2 oz Capelin meal

3 oz Sardine & Anchovy meal

3 oz White fishmeal

3 oz Sluis CLO

2 oz Acid Casein

1/2 oz Kelp powder

1/2 oz Robin Red

1 oz Nutrapro

1 oz Nutralac

Description of ingredients:

Capelin meal - oily fishmeal, 70% protein content.

Sardine & Anchovy meal - blend of two oily fishmeals, 60% protein content.

White fishmeal - (Provimi 66), heavy fishmeal, high in amino acid Lysine, 66% protein content.

Sluis CLO - high quality egg biscuit bird food, contains cod liver oil, helps with binding and rolling.

Acid casein - Pure milk protein, 90%+ protein content.

Kelp powder - pure dried seaweed, rich in vitamins and minerals and trace elements that carp require for optimum digestion.

Robin Red - bird food used to feed show birds such as red factor canaries, full of attractors that carp love including Carophyl Red.

Nutrapro - Nutrabaits own branded milk protein mixture, contains lactoglobulin (approx. 50%) and lactalbumin (approx. 20%) and whey protein, 80% overall protein content, also helps with binding and hardening of baits.

Nutralac - slightly sweet, high fat milk supplement powder for rearing lambs (other milk replacerments are available such as Vitamelo, a calf rearing product).

So, there you have it. One of the best all-time carp catching fishmeals laid bare...

Some classic attractor packages for this bait are:

16oz BFM

2g green lipped mussel extract

20 ml Nutramino (or equivalent such as minamino)

20 ml salmon oil

4ml green lipped mussel UTCS flavour

16oz BFM

2g betaine HCl

20 ml Nutramino

15 ml salmon oil

3 ml Caviar UTCS flavour

6 drops of black pepper oil

55 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

On a slightly different note, I saw on the nutrabaits website that the UTCS smoked ham flavour is being discontinued... 😫 not sure why though. 

Probably because some of the ingredients become too expensive to formulate it, especially if they are from the EU etc. 

A lot of the well known flavours are no longer the same as they were years ago due to this. 

Well I’ve managed to get another bottle from the nutrabaits clearance line on their website. 

How about flavour “shelf life’s?” I’ve still got a bottle of richworth blue cheese flavour I brought in the late 90s, which I still use, I’ve got about 1/3 left and it still works, still produces fish. Yet I’ve got a much more modern flavour that is about 1yr old and it’s lost all its scent. I started using the UTCS smoked ham flavour from nutrabaits after I could no longer get hold of the richworth boiled ham flavour anymore. 

i think the Hutchinson shellfish sense appeals seem different to the older versions although I may be wrong. 

Maybe it’s time to retire the blue cheese flavour then? Lol!

Ah yes, the premier range is awesome, yet I’ve been using premier base mixes, oils and additives since 1997 so I would say that! Aminos, Aminos 2000 and matrix bases are my favourites, with added robin red, the cream stimulant and betaine. I’ve a marked preference for meat/fish flavours over fruit flavours with these bases, although premier peach melba on the aminos base is a sure fire classic. I roll all my own bait, pop ups, bottom baits, dumbbells, chops etc, I haven’t used a shop brought bait in god knows when. 

8 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

Ah yes, the premier range is awesome, yet I’ve been using premier base mixes, oils and additives since 1997 so I would say that! Aminos, Aminos 2000 and matrix bases are my favourites, with added robin red, the cream stimulant and betaine. I’ve a marked preference for meat/fish flavours over fruit flavours with these bases, although premier peach melba on the aminos base is a sure fire classic. I roll all my own bait, pop ups, bottom baits, dumbbells, chops etc, I haven’t used a shop brought bait in god knows when. 

Me too ouch just gives you the knowledge that I know no one is using what I’m using and I can tweak it to suit my needs one of the liquids I used to use you can’t get no more was richworth Aqua stim that stuff the carp used to go looking for it lol 

21 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

I've used premier since 2002, love their bait. I've used a few of  them  but my go to are Matrix RR with matrix flavour,  but for the last 14yrs primarily I've used a custom bait rolled with the supaminos basemix.  

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Twobags said:

Im looking at BFM as this i have super confidence in, but am always open to other options.

3 hours ago, Twobags said:

Thanks for all your reply's, very much appriciated, it looks like Guava has been discontinued,

Any suggestions what i can replace it with ???

Since Bill Cottam sold Nutrabaits I really don't know whether the quality is the same. 

If you make it to the BFM recipe, you might wish to make the base mix yourself. 

If not look at an equivalent fishmeal base mix from another company. 

Guava is not in the list now, in fact there seem to be very few of my favourites still available. 

Edited by salokcinnodrog
Typo