Where do you start with Goo ?

elmoputney

1 hour ago, emmcee said:

I've watched a fair number of the korda films on YouTube and noticed they do ok with the garlic goo. Anyone tried this? Had plenty of good reports from people using garlic essential oil in their bait so wondered if the goo is good? 

55 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I used a garlic stir fry oil in a spod mix a few times and caught over it, I don't see why it wouldn't work 

25 minutes ago, yonny said:

I have a pal that rates it big time and he certainly catches them.

I definitely think there is something with garlic. It is the base for one of my most successful pop-ups, Verselle Laga garlic oil bird food liquid. It does also get used in a bait soak with liquid yeast if I can get hold of the yeast. 

Rod Hutchinson KMG I do believe stands for Krill, Mackeral and Garlic, and I have had a load of fish on that. 

Only coated my sticky pineapple wafters in pineapple goo today and some DNA Pink perils in pink almond, 

I think that is enough for the time being 😳

I seem to have not even used any goo yet from the bottles it literally only takes a few drops, they did seem expensive but they will last an age unless I go crazy and use them in bags and stuff(I will do that 😁

• 2 weeks later...

And he did a special get in that net for us 👍

Pink almond supreme though winning goo, hopefully I will be doing some boshes this year 🤞

Must get some pink dumbells I think 🤔😁

Retrobaits have just brought these ones out they look pretty special I think 

https://www.retrobaits.net/product-page/snail-dumbbell-wafters

My first test for my baits when making them is the “dog test” will she eat them? If she’s sat begging as I roll them out, then I know they are good! Funny that little things like that gives you confidence, my dog eats fox poo... what that says about my bait I don’t know! 

17 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

My first test for my baits when making them is the “dog test” will she eat them? If she’s sat begging as I roll them out, then I know they are good! Funny that little things like that gives you confidence, my dog eats fox poo... what that says about my bait I don’t know! 

Mines not that bad but does roll in it when we are out lol  I’ve been given permission to go film up the local little lake good stock so I’ll see what the real reaction is fingers crossed 

37 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

I was sat with a bloke on dinton black swan once. A dog strolled into his swim , stuck its head in mateys bait bag with his boilies in, sniffed and ran off with out taking a single one. I told him his bait was rubbish as my dog, most dogs scoff bait down. He laughed it off thinking I was winding him up. This happened a couple of months into the season and he hadn't caught by then. A week later he came up to me and asked if I was pulling his leg, I said absolutely not and he needed to change bait. He finally changed bait a while later and started catching. He then started to leave the odd bait on the floor of his swim everytime he fished to see if a dog would eat it, solely for his confidence 😂

4 hours ago, Carpmaster said:
6 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Aren't cats the ultimate test of a bait? I thought dogs eat anything? It must be a bad bait if a dog won't eat it 😂

I might leave some out for the neighbours cats and then supersoak them when they come in the garden 😂

Expand  

Don’t give me ideas now feline laxative in a boilie or two leave em out and see if the soggy stuff hits the fan 😂😂😂

6 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Aren't cats the ultimate test of a bait? I thought dogs eat anything? It must be a bad bait if a dog won't eat it 😂

I might leave some out for the neighbours cats and then supersoak them when they come in the garden 😂

When I was making my own Trigga, my neighbours cat would come round. I'd be taking them out of the pan tipping onto the air drying tray and she would pinch them. 

As for dogs... 

I used to have a Shetland Sheepdog, I had made some fishmeal boilies which I had coloured blue. The little git ate about a kilo of the 5k I had made. For the next week he was excreting blue. 

Sky has been known to pinch baits, a whole tub of  red pop-ups turned her poo bright red. 

I was air drying cell on a garden table, i said keep a eye on them to the Mrs I’m just popping  out to get some beer.  I was gone 20 mins tops, putting the beer away I noticed a magpie on the fence look at look at the size of that, that’s nothing the good lady says I counted 6 of them earlier. Needless to say the bait was gone and she didn’t get any beer