Where do you start with Goo ?

elmoputney

I fancy having a play with Goo as I've got tonnes of hookbaits in various colours, shapes and sizes, which could be enhanced with some goo, but there is so much choice it fries my brain? 

I think I might get 2 or 3 to have a play with anyone got any recommendations or combos? 

I would like to be able to make Washed out pink baits if that helps and mainly for soaking over weeks rather than minutes 

When you use them does it totally overpower the original bait flavour until it washed out or can you make bad choices with them if they don't match or enhance the original flavours? 

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

I fancy having a play with Goo as I've got tonnes of hookbaits in various colours, shapes and sizes, which could be enhanced with some goo, but there is so much choice it fries my brain? 

I think I might get 2 or 3 to have a play with anyone got any recommendations or combos? 

I would like to be able to make Washed out pink baits if that helps and mainly for soaking over weeks rather than minutes 

When you use them does it totally overpower the original bait flavour until it washed out or can you make bad choices with them if they don't match or enhance the original flavours? 

You can mix the combos together some anyway the berry an pineapple go well but if I’m honest to achie a washed out bait will be hard they do have a tendency of adding colour rather than take it away 

8 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

You can mix the combos together some anyway the berry an pineapple go well but if I’m honest to achie a washed out bait will be hard they do have a tendency of adding colour rather than take it away 

Nice one thanks, I suppose it defeats the object if its washed out and doesn't stand out, 

1 minute ago, Carpmaster said:

If you want to wash out your bait but keep the flavour use baileys or vodka with condensed milk soak for at least 24 hrs an your good to go hope this helps it’s done me well in the past

It's just for hookbaits I want to use goo, I want the hookbait to be irresistible and stand out more, 

I've got my freebies how I want them tbh I usually wash them out with evap milk and liver and a few other goodies too 🥛

I try to match the hatch, so to speak, but keep my hookbait boosted.... 

White/Beige Manilla Pop up Wafters with Matching spray..clear spray

Pineapple nbuytric acid... Yellow spray

Pink Almond, pink Goo. 

Only ever use White, Pink, Yellow. 

But I'm thinking of trying the Manilla in the Mainline Smart Liquid (Cream)... Gives of tons of smoke/scent. 

Also like the look of the Korda white almond for the white Manilla... 

Each week I tend to do a few sprays, so hopefully by next time I'm out, they be booming. 

Even thinking of tryi g fake corn in white and yellow in some goos, some are now soaking in Hinders Betalin. 

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Pink Almond, pink Goo. 

But I'm thinking of trying the Manilla in the Mainline Smart Liquid (Cream)... Gives of tons of smoke/scent. 

Each week I tend to do a few sprays, so hopefully by next time I'm out, they be booming. 

Even thinking of tryi g fake corn in white and yellow in some goos, some are now soaking in Hinders Betalin. 

I think I might not just match them up so much i will on a few as I have some pineapple already but I have quite a few other pop ups that won't probably get used otherwise, so I may as well have a mess about with it and try some things out and see what happens just treat some pop ups as goo carriers 😂

2 hours ago, Highy said:

Pink Almond, pink Goo. 

I just try to match the hatch so to speak 

It's not so much where to start with goo's it's where it ends... owning the whole range can work on days where they won't pick a bait up the rasberry has always worked and seems to be one of the popular ones have you thought about the mainline smart liquid?  not tried it myself but been told it is ok.  

1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

It's not so much where to start with goo's it's where it ends... owning the whole range can work on days where they won't pick a bait up the rasberry has always worked and seems to be one of the popular ones have you thought about the mainline smart liquid?  not tried it myself but been told it is ok.  

The smart liquid is ok but for the price a bottle of cheap baileys an a tin of condensed milk does the same thing plus it goes in coffee smart liquid don’t😂😂

For me personally,  I wouldn't touch korda goo or any similar product.  For me having total confidence in the bait you use should be enough. Start adding goos and glugs then you might start questioning whether it's the bait , the glug or whatever is catching the fish. Use a matching enhancer that match your  hookbaits for sure but a goo not for me. 

I suppose it's all about what you're confident in. If it gives you confidence then fair enough but for me your confidence should be in your bait and not an overpowering goo. 

36 minutes ago, emmcee said:

For me personally,  I wouldn't touch korda goo or any similar product.  For me having total confidence in the bait you use should be enough. Start adding goos and glugs then you might start questioning whether it's the bait , the glug or whatever is catching the fish. Use a matching enhancer that match your  hookbaits for sure but a goo not for me. 

I suppose it's all about what you're confident in. If it gives you confidence then fair enough but for me your confidence should be in your bait and not an overpowering goo. 

It's not that I'm not confident In my bait I do know it works well, I could quite happily carry on doing what I am doing but I think i might be able to do better concentrating more on making the hookbait stand out more 🤔 I don't get time for long sessions so if it helps get quicker action with less down time waiting for bites then hopefully that equates to more fish on the bank, I had a pretty good year last year, this year I want to do better, I can always switch back if it isn't working 😂

On 17/01/2021 at 16:40, elmoputney said:

Your choices are decent ones mate. I've used all 3 of them. The pink almond is the best imo. The tuna one is decent too if you're after a fishy one.

On 17/01/2021 at 16:40, elmoputney said:

When you use them does it totally overpower the original bait flavour until it washed out

Pretty much mate.

I do use Goo now and again. Reason being an experience I had several years ago now. I was fishing a water in the Valley and doing OK but I was getting out-fished by a close mate of mine. I was wracking my brains as to why and I ended up asking him straight out what he was doing. His answer was Goo (I'd never used it at this point and tbh thought it was a load of rubbish). He was Goo-ing his pop ups in the pink almond.

I ended up Goo-ing a pot up and carrying on as I had been but with the pink almond pop ups. Long story short I had it right off, catching all but one of the fish I was after in a matter of weeks including my main target kipper, a very special one (see below).

Now it could have been coincidence that it all came together after I started with the Goo, but with each capture came confidence and with more confidence came more captures. I don't use the stuff all the time (I believe it's more effective on certain waters than others) but I can say that using it appeared to make a difference on some of the waters I've fished.

880555879_34.4TheBigFullyL.thumb.JPG.bd85dcabc006f58feddf046bef94e46a.JPG

If that's what Goo does then I like it lol👆

10 minutes ago, yonny said:

Your choices are decent ones mate. I've used all 3 of them. The pink almond is the best imo. The tuna one is decent too if you're after a fishy one.

Pretty much mate.

I do use Goo now and again. Reason being an experience I had several years ago now. I was fishing a water in the Valley and doing OK but I was getting out-fished by a close mate of mine. I was wracking my brains as to why and I ended up asking him straight out what he was doing. His answer was Goo (I'd never used it at this point and tbh thought it was a load of rubbish). He was Goo-ing his pop ups in the pink almond.

I ended up Goo-ing a pot up and carrying on as I had been but with the pink almond pop ups. Long story short I had it right off, catching all but one of the fish I was after in a matter of weeks including my main target kipper, a very special one (see below).

Now it could have been coincidence that it all came together after I started with the Goo, but with each capture came confidence and with more confidence came more captures. I don't use the stuff all the time (I believe it's more effective on certain waters than others) but I can say that using it appeared to make a difference on some of the waters I've fished.

880555879_34.4TheBigFullyL.thumb.JPG.bd85dcabc006f58feddf046bef94e46a.JPG

If that's what Goo does then I like it lol👆

If i catch one like that I'll be happy 👍

Thanks for the input, I'm kind of relying on the old school anglers on the lake to think the same about goo tbh, that it is a load of rubbish then hopefully it's an edge for me, it's got to be worth a go anyway, I want the hookbait to be the feature in my swim so they can't resist it, 😂

I had a chat with Kevin from PJPU the other day apparently the korda boys think his pop ups are the only ones that can handle a proper gooing and still stay up 😁