Happy new yr

Carpmaster

On 31/12/2020 at 14:39, Highy said:

Happy New Year All... Tomorrow's fishing is a no go though... Don't mind cold but this is another level... 

Let's see what 2021 brings us all? 

🎉🎊🎣🎣

Well if it's too cold for a Northern lad I don't feel such a Southern Softie for staying at home , and keeping my gear clean and dry .

😁

Seems to be a bit of confusion around my previous post we got our annual letters in December laying out the the plans for the year ahead, one of the issues was binoculars and phone calls along the lines of, " just been watching so and so and they are fishing past the boundaries, or so and so has poor fish handling skills,  where as the guy who runs the lakes is not so keen on anglers using binoculars to see what other anglers are up to and reporting back if they see something they don't agree with. Don't think binoculars are really banned but I doubt there will be anymore phone calls complaining about subjective nonsense. 

5 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Seems to be a bit of confusion around my previous post we got our annual letters in December laying out the the plans for the year ahead, one of the issues was binoculars and phone calls along the lines of, " just been watching so and so and they are fishing past the boundaries, or so and so has poor fish handling skills,  where as the guy who runs the lakes is not so keen on anglers using binoculars to see what other anglers are up to and reporting back if they see something they don't agree with. Don't think binoculars are really banned but I doubt there will be anymore phone calls complaining about subjective nonsense. 

I'd be lost without bino's; I use mine for regularly scanning the water looking for fish, even at the wildlife. Especially useful in winter for watching the coots and grebes. If grebes are working an area, it can be a good pike spot. If coots or even tufties are about it can be a good area for carp food. 

Yes, occasionally I do look at other anglers, on an open bank I don't think it can be helped. 

What they do in the swim is up to them, but every now and again it can bring up a new spot. We have enough respect for each other not to 'swim jump', but I figured from where someone was fishing and catching from a patrol route. By working out the route I was able to find a spot fish were coming through for myself.