New Products you like? Leave reviews here

I've only used it once so far but Gardner Kinetic spod braid seems a great product to use , it seems different from most other braids I've tried seems to have an almost waxy coating on it, doesn't need much wetting to be usable, 35lb bs so it's no so weak but still very castable, I had a few issues with the fox exocet breaking even on a relatively controlled cast at 6 wraps, the Gardner got a good workout whilst spot finding and also spodding and it performed like a dream and at £21.99 for 250m it isn't rediculously expensive, a good purchase I think didn't frap up or get any of those annoying wind knots,

Camflex leadfree leader is also a nice product to use easy to splice and sinks really well 

Feel free to leave a review on anything you want to share 👍

Not been posting much lately, basically because I haven't been able to get out what with one thing and another.

But the best bit of kit I've bought is my Trakker Tempest 100T brolly. It's absolutely fantastic.
I already had the standard Tempest V2, which was good, but I sometimes clouted my head getting out in a hurry. Don't get me wrong, it didn't hurt at all, it was just annoying. Before the 100T came out, I was thinking of getting a couple of vents put into the V2 to give me a little extra ventilation on hot days. I'd looked into the cost of getting these fitted by "Army Andy" who is renowned for doing this sort of mod, and it was going to cost me just over £120.00 to get done.
Bearing in mind the new 100T had two vents as standard, AND gave you the extra headroom, it was a no brainer really. I sold the V2 and adding not much more than the vents were going to cost me managed to get the 100T.
It's superb. Goes up in an instant, and has masses of room, not only in height, but in depth and width too. I generally fish days, with the odd overnight thrown in, and go to France every year for a week. I could seriously live in this for the week in France, plenty of room for my needs (I tend to fish fairly light unlike friends of mine who's bivvies are more akin to Cape Canaveral on launch day)... it suits me just fine.
On calm days/nights I don't even have to peg it down. Steady as a rock. 
I'd recommend one of these to anyone looking for a decent sized alternative to a full blown bivvy.

• 2 weeks later...

Not so much a like but a users review on the Korum Leverage Screw XT sticks, the one i got was the large storm pole for my  down the side margin rod, not very good at all nice and solid goes into the lake bed good,  the problem starts if you try to extend it even a rod and alarm pushes the inner section back down, no way it would work as a bivvy pole. i might of just got a slack one korum are usually ok, never had a problem with my fox ones they have they same cam lock. oh and the inner section is shaped so it wont turn for fine adjustment. 

15 minutes ago, commonly said:

I quite like the look of these. 

Plenty of other bits I need first though.

C'mon the lottery win, it must be my turn soon

https://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/optonic-g3-smart-bite-alarm

Surely the major down side with those if one goes wrong they all do? 

If I won the lottery I would just buy all the alarms i quite liked, and also a few nice rod and reel set ups for every eventuality, and a range of bivvies and pretty much everything I may or may not need 😁

I forgot to add I wouldn't let it change me 😁😁😁😁😁

I once saw someone walk into a shop and ask how much is the euro millions tonight? 

Shop assistant 12 million 

Bloke just turns and says that ain't enough for me and walks out 😁

I'm not sure what world he lived in but I don't know anyone whos life wouldn't be more comfortable for a 12m boost 

Because I got the AXS Brolly that don't come with Storm Poles, it needs em when wrap on. 

I bought 2 Avid Lockdown storm poles for the Brolly (Only 1's in stock at time). 

This is what happened on setup lifting the latch up.... It snapped 

Screenshot_20201114_175603_com.whatsapp.thumb.jpg.a86730c1ff90ded741ffb5428ba76107.jpg

Had to tape it so wouldn't retract, need of some decent storm poles now 😢😢

Edited by Highy
Spelling

Chub silicone collapsible kettle. Absolutely perfect for the short sessions I do and an absolute steal at £6.99.

On the other hand, like  Highy, I picked up a couple of the Avid lockdown banksticks a while back and they were garbage. The entire locking mechanism on both sticks fell off during my first trip out with them. It was obviously attached to the stick with a tiny dot of glue in the factory. A good blob of epoxy in there has sorted them out but still, you don't expect these things to be so shoddily made for the price you pay for them.

1 hour ago, monkey_climber said:

Chub silicone collapsible kettle. Absolutely perfect for the short sessions I do and an absolute steal at £6.99.

On the other hand, like  Highy, I picked up a couple of the Avid lockdown banksticks a while back and they were garbage. The entire locking mechanism on both sticks fell off during my first trip out with them. It was obviously attached to the stick with a tiny dot of glue in the factory. A good blob of epoxy in there has sorted them out but still, you don't expect these things to be so shoddily made for the price you pay for them.

Did you end up with some decent ones? 

Need a new pair for NY Day... 

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Did you end up with some decent ones? 

Need a new pair for NY Day... 

I haven't been able to find any decent replacements as yet but have had my eye on few that look to be better quality. Problem is, they come at a much higher price point.

The other issue is finding things in stock at the minute. Quite a few of the ones I have been looking at are out of stock everywhere in the sizes I would want.

Second hand Nash Titan Hide... brill bit of kit, goes up on seconds sturdy and I got it with groundsheet, front infill panel and overwrap for less than £200

And I recently picked up a Korum Day Pack for short sessions on the river or for general fishing... fits all my kit in it nicely

20200907_084506.jpg

IMG-20200907-WA0006.jpeg

Edited by bluelabel

Shimano aerlex spod reel 

Now I've used it 4 or 5 times I think I can give it a thumbs up, really smooth, works like a trooper and excellent value for money in my opinion, I have a feeling it will take some punishment too, teamed up with the Gardner spod braid seems a good combo, it's got one of those funny stay open bail arms which takes a bit of getting used too but once you know it won't close you can give it some clog 

This is my 3rd dedicated spod reel now after 2 soniks, and it is miles better, and only 20 quid dearer, really pleased with mine, if It still works like it does this time next year it will do for me 

Ps having had my diawa emcasts for an age I was a bit anti shimano but this reel has opened my eyes quite a bit 

Tight lines