November catch report

elmoputney

4 minutes ago, yonny said:

I also thought I was safe from them!!!

Not my bag at all but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't fun for one weekend only. Jeez, they fight like stink.

I do like the fight on a cat you should have a go for sturgeon omg talk about a train it’s like trying to play a car with a supercharger lol never felt nothing like it

9 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

Awesome fish bet they had a good scrap off them

They got fed up with the fight went on for so long,luckily they could walk along the bank to net them 1/4 mile from there swims. Sorry Didn’t net them they unhooked them at the water’s edge 

Edited by Big Bass

1 minute ago, muftyboy said:

Did a couple of afternoons at the beginning of the month. 

1st afternoon looked barren for Carp so I got the perch rod out. 

Second afternoon I found a few carp milling about in the weed so put a nice lump of bread in amongst them. 

IMG_20201029_154325.jpg

IMG_20201030_150403.jpg

Well done nice strippy that well spotted for the carp butty

44 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

Did a couple of afternoons at the beginning of the month. 

1st afternoon looked barren for Carp so I got the perch rod out. 

Second afternoon I found a few carp milling about in the weed so put a nice lump of bread in amongst them. 

IMG_20201029_154325.jpg

IMG_20201030_150403.jpg

Good angling mate, both really nice fish but that perch is lovely, what weight was the perch mufty?😁👍🎣

56 minutes ago, finchey said:

I'm hoping to start my perch fishing in the next couple of weeks, my best is 1lbs 10oz so anything bigger than that will do me. 😁👍🎣

I don't know if it's allowed or whether you are comfortable with it but a small live bait is a great bait for picking the bigger ones out. 

6 hours ago, muftyboy said:

I don't know if it's allowed or whether you are comfortable with it but a small live bait is a great bait for picking the bigger ones out. 

Doesn't bother me at all mate I used live bait for my pike fishing for years but that's something I will have to check on in my latest club waters. 

41 minutes ago, finchey said:

Doesn't bother me at all mate I used live bait for my pike fishing for years but that's something I will have to check on in my latest club waters. 

Just to let you guys know me and a friend we’re going to use live bait for the cats but we’re told that to do that we had to inform the EA that we were doing so   Also the livebaits had to come out of the same water you were fishing

31 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

I only use live bait if there are no pike present. 

I nice whole prawn is always a good one too. 

Totally agree wouldn't use live bait if there were pike in the water, I usually use lob worm and prawns so I will probably stick with them I normally do ok, its just finding the bigger perch in the pond I know they are in there. Location location. 😂😂.

4 hours ago, Carpmaster said:

Just to let you guys know me and a friend we’re going to use live bait for the cats but we’re told that to do that we had to inform the EA that we were doing so   Also the livebaits had to come out of the same water you were fishing

It is years since I used live  baits the rules have probably all changed. The rule on using them from the water you are fishing has always been in place as far as I know. 😁👍

Had a go at Trent View mid Nov - dusting off the kit after almost a year of inactivity.

2nd morning the middle rod was away with a 26 mirror, then got done on the right rod soon after, no other action which was a little  surprising having seen shows on me each morning- but great to get the first and maybe last fish of 2020!!!

Screenshot_20201126-100046_Gallery.jpg

On 22/11/2020 at 06:06, Carpmaster said:

Almost all lakes live baits have to be caught out of the same water as it could introduce diseases from one lake to another 

the ea will probably want to know as cats are not a native species and may want them out of the water

if we catch one out of one of my lakes we are supposed to keep it and call the manager...

Edited by framey