Anyone used pyramid baits pp60

Carp123_0

The company it self is a bit here and there they are on the same trading estate as Cov Carp Baits, sometimes they are open but a lot of the time unit is closed. they was getting bait into shops a few years back, then it all came to a stop, i've a feeling he is just rolling for other companies these days if doing anything at all. 

Never fancied them myself think it was a yeast based bait with fishmeal?

5 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

I doubt it i think the yeast is used in place of a bird food and similar, imainline use it in baits as well, i'm sure one of the bait dudes on ere could give more of an insight into yeast baits

I think a yeast is Used in lots of baits now tbh, 

I believe "the cell" uses brococell yeast hence the name, now loads of companies seem to use it in one form or another, I'm no expert but I think yeast is used to help create enzymes or something 🥴

The non fishmeal based protein source could well be Pea protein hence the name pp, I believe this is also used in the DNA switch bait, and I am sure I've seen it elsewhere 

I listened to a podcast with Shaun Harrison the other day and his company quest baits he hasn't used a fishmeal in any of his baits, which is unusual in this day and age. 

On 05/10/2020 at 11:24, Carpbell_ll said:

Saying that looks like they are open and selling their bait again

https://pyramidbaits.wixsite.com/mysite/main

Looking at the description posted on here its protein profile will come from Pea Protein Isolate (PP and is used in the aquatic industry as a fishmeal replacement) combined with the refined milks which when used in combination (acid & rennet caesin produce a good profile when combined maybe even in conjunction with wpc80),  the yeast willmore than likely be Brocacel (digestion aid) or i know some people that are utilising high Nucleotide Yeast (more solubility and amino profile).  The cheese smell could be a good quality cheese powder (normally blue cheese powder) which was a in the original Grange Mix.

Hope that helps.

6 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I think you will find yeast is the one non-animal protein that contains every essential amino acid. 

Look up Marmite... 

Isn't Yeast is an active ingredient though, it helps things ferment and bread rise, and beer taste great 😁

So I am guessing that marmite or yeast extract is a product of fermentation of some kind,and the yeast is the catalyst to create the enzymes, amino acids, or to aid digestion, or whatever else it may do 

I may be wrong though like I said I am no expert 😁