September Catch Reports

yonny

I managed to nip down for a cheeky midweek day sesh yesterday. My pre-baited area is still not happening which is really disappointing but that didn't stop me doing whatever I could to catch one of those old originals. I managed to keep track of the fish as they clearly reacted to a brand new south westerly. A well placed pop up with about 30 freebies did the trick and I was very happy to land another old'n. Really nice long fish. A repeat, but I could never be disappointed with a carp that's older than me.

20200902_175857.thumb.jpg.663790efd4a388b0f40c9e285627cb5e.jpg

Edited by yonny

11 minutes ago, yonny said:

I managed to nip down for a cheeky midweek day sesh yesterday. My pre-baited area is still not happening which is really disappointing but that didn't stop me doing whatever I could to catch one of those old originals. I managed to keep track of the fish as they clearly reacted to a brand new south westerly. A well placed pop up with about 30 freebies did the trick and I was very happy to land another old'n. Really nice long fish. A repeat, but I could never be disappointed with a carp that's older than me.

Good angling mate and cracking fish.  👍

4 hours ago, yonny said:

Another stunner yonny good angling mate. 👍

Nice old mirror that Yonny.

Just back myself from a cruel couple of days on the lake, couldn't get a bleep never mind a take no liners nothing but had fish in my swim sure they were feeding on my bait, think i'm having problems with getting them to either find or take my hook bait, plus i noticed my hook length is kicking up off the line at the anti tangle sleeve might of pushed it up too far? didn't look good in the water edge, seems to happen when the hook length is too close to the lead on a helicopter lead, i was fishing combi rigs. could do with a more jelly like boom section.  some flat leads too. 

Not a catch report i know but meh. 

2 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Nice old mirror that Yonny.

Just back myself from a cruel couple of days on the lake, couldn't get a bleep never mind a take no liners nothing but had fish in my swim sure they were feeding on my bait, think i'm having problems with getting them to either find or take my hook bait, plus i noticed my hook length is kicking up off the line at the anti tangle sleeve might of pushed it up too far? didn't look good in the water edge, seems to happen when the hook length is too close to the lead on a helicopter lead, i was fishing combi rigs. could do with a more jelly like boom section.  some flat leads too. 

Not a catch report i know but meh. 

That's not a rig I use , Carpbell , hopefully someone may have the answer to your presentation problem .

😃

13 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

i noticed my hook length is kicking up off the line at the anti tangle sleeve might of pushed it up too far? didn't look good in the water edge, seems to happen when the hook length is too close to the lead on a helicopter lead, i was fishing combi rigs. could do with a more jelly like boom section.  some flat leads too. 

Move the top bead up buddy, job done.

7 minutes ago, yonny said:

Move the top bead up buddy, job done.

I agree that will help , I do think a softer boom may also help though, I think with a stiff boom unless you know its completely clean any little twig or debris , could help kick it off the bottom, maybe also use a mesh bag if you can to help slow it down in the water so it doesn't plug in so much 👍

1 hour ago, framey said:

Well done Elmo 

first time out for me since middle of June got done twice 

would have been my first ones out of these lakes in 4 years !! Lol

Blimey that sounds tough, have you fished elsewhere in that time? I don't think I could handle that 😬

I'm not sure what the stock is in the lake I am fishing, I know there are quite a few and plenty of bigger ones I want to catch, it isn't a runs water but I am disappointed if I don't catch or get a bite, but it's also challenging enough that I'm learning, still got a lot to learn though, bit of a one trick pony at the moment, will keep flogging it while I can though 😁

2 minutes ago, yonny said:

Day sesh yesterday went brilliantly, 3 carp including one of the real big originals. And the baited area finally did me a bite! Will put some pics up when I get the time on Monday.

All coming together nicely, I like the sound of a REAL BIG ORIGINAL 😁

Well done Yonny 👍

9 minutes ago, Highy said:

Absolutely wounded with this, it was an awesome looking fish... Mistake made while trying to take a pic in water with the fish in cradle 😭😭😭

I've often been tempted to try a water shot lol but I'm usually on my own, so don't bother, I would always get one on land first just incase, you will have to catch a bigger one mate keep your chin up there is still time for more 👍