Helicopter rig

Ginger9991

Afternoon gents. As im now being destroyed by bream using solid bags i want to have a look at helicopter rigs, I had the korda heli safe kit in my bag, Now the only problem im having is the no trace bead keeps popping off the chod sleeve. Im using lead free leader, Can anyone suggest some good replacement beads that will fit snug? Im flying through the No trace beads, Im assuming flying off on the cast they dont keep tight enough at all.

• 5 months later...

I use the no trace beads with the Korda leadcore and haven’t had any problems, maybe switch the lead free leader to Korda leadcore (if allowed) as the helisafe beads kits fit snug onto it. I’m assuming the lead free leader is another brand? In my experience, the lead free leader material is a thinner diameter to leadcore. Or look at the nash helicopter bead kits, they may work, they fit snug and have a wide bore that will pass over a spliced loop in a leadfree leader. 

On 03/07/2020 at 15:58, Ginger9991 said:

Afternoon gents. As im now being destroyed by bream using solid bags i want to have a look at helicopter rigs, I had the korda heli safe kit in my bag, Now the only problem im having is the no trace bead keeps popping off the chod sleeve. Im using lead free leader, Can anyone suggest some good replacement beads that will fit snug? Im flying through the No trace beads, Im assuming flying off on the cast they dont keep tight enough at all.

Are you using the tapered bit ?
one of the cheaper brands like bank tackle or someone like that do a copy of the Korda bead now if needed