June Catch reports

salokcinnodrog

5 minutes ago, crusian said:

How did it go , Smufter ? .

I like/liked your idea of " one rod .... just under the rod tip " , but I didn't do it when I went Weds. night - I know , muppetry on my part 🙄 .

😃

Sorry mate. I didn't go in the end.....😣😣😣

I was umming and ahhing anyway, didn't really fancy it if I'm honest, but what decided it for me was when I went to get my barrow out of the shed. Flat tyre!! Thought it had just gone down, pumped it up but within two minutes it was flat again. Couldn't be bothered to sort it out, so stayed home. Glad I did if I'm honest. It was so hot on Wednesday I wouldn't have enjoyed it mate. 

32 minutes ago, smufter said:

Sorry mate. I didn't go in the end.....😣😣😣

I was umming and ahhing anyway, didn't really fancy it if I'm honest, but what decided it for me was when I went to get my barrow out of the shed. Flat tyre!! Thought it had just gone down, pumped it up but within two minutes it was flat again. Couldn't be bothered to sort it out, so stayed home. Glad I did if I'm honest. It was so hot on Wednesday I wouldn't have enjoyed it mate. 

Well let's hope that next Tues. is cooler , Smufter .

Will you be able to sort your tyre out ? .

I'm lucky enough to be working , but when my rotating Day Off comes around I want to go fishing ! ; trouble is arriving after work on Weds. afternoon I just wanted to sleep at night , that's partly why I didn't put a margin rod out .

Thurs. morning just as I was packing up I had a flyer of a bite , and the line snapped shortly after striking  😢 .

Roll on next week then .

😃

6 minutes ago, crusian said:

Well let's hope that next Tues. is cooler , Smufter .

Will you be able to sort your tyre out ? .

I'm lucky enough to be working , but when my rotating Day Off comes around I want to go fishing ! ; trouble is arriving after work on Weds. afternoon I just wanted to sleep at night , that's partly why I didn't put a margin rod out .

Thurs. morning just as I was packing up I had a flyer of a bite , and the line snapped shortly after striking  😢 .

Roll on next week then .

😃

Don't know what's happening for the next month geezer. 

I've been furloughed since March but have been told I'm returning to work next Wednesday. I'm busy next Mon and Tuesday taking delivery of a load of bits and pieces for the garden so won't be able to fit anything in.

As far as I know, I've been called back in to cover holidays in July, there is a chance that I may be re-furloughed again in August. It's all a bit up in the air at the moment. What with the work I'm doing in the garden and the work situation, fishing has to take a bit of a back seat for a while. 

I bought a new wheel for the barrow by the way. Tenner plus postage from JRC 😉😉😉

On 26/06/2020 at 19:43, smufter said:

Don't know what's happening for the next month geezer. 

I've been furloughed since March but have been told I'm returning to work next Wednesday. I'm busy next Mon and Tuesday taking delivery of a load of bits and pieces for the garden so won't be able to fit anything in.

As far as I know, I've been called back in to cover holidays in July, there is a chance that I may be re-furloughed again in August. It's all a bit up in the air at the moment. What with the work I'm doing in the garden and the work situation, fishing has to take a bit of a back seat for a while. 

I bought a new wheel for the barrow by the way. Tenner plus postage from JRC 😉😉😉

I've got a JRC Barrow , so that's a useful bit of information .

I'm sorry to read that your working life is messed up ; you were posting previously of making a career change , have you had any more thoughts about that ?( if I'm not being nosey ) .

Looking forward to seeing 'photos of your completed garden project .

😃

12 hours ago, crusian said:

I've got a JRC Barrow , so that's a useful bit of information .

I'm sorry to read that your working life is messed up ; you were posting previously of making a career change , have you had any more thoughts about that ?( if I'm not being nosey ) .

Looking forward to seeing 'photos of your completed garden project .

😃

Loaded some pics "before" and "at the moment but still plenty to do" below. As you can see from picture one, there was plenty of work needing doing on our much neglected embarrassment of a "garden"....😨

Still lots and lots to do, we are totally replacing the sleeper retaining wall that you can just see in picture number 2 (behind the big tree) and are extending this across the whole width of the garden so that we can backfill and level out the very top tier which is on a severe slope. 

The fence on the left badly needs replacement, that is our neighbours and he has informed us that he is planning to sort it within the next couple of months. Should make it look a lot better.  The new border on the left is in the process of being carried on right up to the house, just need to get a large tree stump out (guy coming to do that tomorrow) so that we can move the new water feature over to there. As I say, it's been a really busy couple of months and we are not half way through yet. All the big, heavy work is still to go with posts to be concreted in and a large amount of earth to be dug out to allow the laying of the new retaining wall. Also still got a lot of plants and shrubs to plant in, once the remaining soil has been prepared. Three new rose bushes and a couple of Azaleas, along with a plum and apple tree are waiting in the wings (or should I say their pots) ready for transplant lol!

I haven't really given much thought to the career change if I'm honest. I've had a lot on my plate with all of this. And boy, do I ache!!

Yuck Garden!!.jpg

1st dig.jpg

Coming along.jpg

New border.jpg

plants.jpg

water feature.jpg

Edited by smufter

18 hours ago, smufter said:

Loaded some pics "before" and "at the moment but still plenty to do" below. As you can see from picture one, there was plenty of work needing doing on our much neglected embarrassment of a "garden"....😨

Still lots and lots to do, we are totally replacing the sleeper retaining wall that you can just see in picture number 2 (behind the big tree) and are extending this across the whole width of the garden so that we can backfill and level out the very top tier which is on a severe slope. 

The fence on the left badly needs replacement, that is our neighbours and he has informed us that he is planning to sort it within the next couple of months. Should make it look a lot better.  The new border on the left is in the process of being carried on right up to the house, just need to get a large tree stump out (guy coming to do that tomorrow) so that we can move the new water feature over to there. As I say, it's been a really busy couple of months and we are not half way through yet. All the big, heavy work is still to go with posts to be concreted in and a large amount of earth to be dug out to allow the laying of the new retaining wall. Also still got a lot of plants and shrubs to plant in, once the remaining soil has been prepared. Three new rose bushes and a couple of Azaleas, along with a plum and apple tree are waiting in the wings (or should I say their pots) ready for transplant lol!

I haven't really given much thought to the career change if I'm honest. I've had a lot on my plate with all of this. And boy, do I ache!!

Yuck Garden!!.jpg

1st dig.jpg

Coming along.jpg

New border.jpg

plants.jpg

water feature.jpg

Your garden's looking lovely , Smufter , but as you are feeling the strain why not hire Highy for a morning , and you'll have The Hanging Gardens Of Babylon by Lunch Time ? .

Just give Highy something from Sonik , maybe a new pair of football boots for his lad , and everyone's a winner ! .

😁

1 hour ago, crusian said:

Your garden's looking lovely , Smufter , but as you are feeling the strain why not hire Highy for a morning , and you'll have The Hanging Gardens Of Babylon by Lunch Time ? .

Just give Highy something from Sonik , maybe a new pair of football boots for his lad , and everyone's a winner ! .

😁

😄😄...I thought my home work days were over for a while now, the wife has organised the local council for planning permission to drop the curb for a driveway. I'll get it all ready but what she don't know is I've got a mate ready with his mini digger and own skips/trucks to do the job, then I'll get a concrete firm in to lay it down...job done 👍👍

18 hours ago, Highy said:

😄😄...I thought my home work days were over for a while now, the wife has organised the local council for planning permission to drop the curb for a driveway. I'll get it all ready but what she don't know is I've got a mate ready with his mini digger and own skips/trucks to do the job, then I'll get a concrete firm in to lay it down...job done 👍👍

Good for you , Highy .

I know this sounds biased , but I hope your Wife appreciates all the d.i.y that you take on ? .

😁

Had a delivery earlier today of 20 x 2.4m sleepers to replace and extend the existing retaining wall... They were heavy!! 

Also had a guy around with a grinder to remove the remains of the bay tree that we've wanted to get shot of for years. 

While he was here he gave us a very competitive quote to get most of the large Ash tree that you can see in picture two removed. It's massive and a bit of a hazard as it's rotten around one side of the roots. If it ever came down it would hit the house. That's being done next Thursday... 

Edited by smufter

2 hours ago, crusian said:

Good for you , Highy .

I know this sounds biased , but I hope your Wife appreciates all the d.i.y that you take on ? .

😁

Sometimes, as that's why I think she orders me my new gear when I ask for it, eg AXS Brolly n Wrap...ordered both on Saturday...Wrap arrived yesterday and Brolly was today....

Thursday will be prepping for the fence to come down and take away a few flags ready for some digging, and maybe also some repainting a few places like over/under Windows and making a sort of roll up cover for the bar.