Jrc hangers - the worst ever?

Hey all, 

I recently got the jrc radar CX bundle of 3 alarms, receiver and hangers. The alarms are great and a good price too but the hangers appear to be terrible they stick onto the line way too tight and get stuck. If you lift into a fish or even just to reel the rig in you have to specifically grab the line at both sides of the hanger clip and grab the hanger and pull both to free the line. 

My first thoughts were to adjust the clip since most are adjustable but there doesn't appear to be anything on them to this, nothing to twist etc

Any suggestions or should I fork out for something decent?

35 minutes ago, framey said:

Do you not turn the head to loose the grip on the line like most others?

*just checked no adjustment *

the reviews are not very good highlighting the same problem

I struggled to find any reviews before I posted this. Thanks for the info that's really helpful. Any recommendations on decent hangers haha?

36 minutes ago, pablo7uk said:

I struggled to find any reviews before I posted this. Thanks for the info that's really helpful. Any recommendations on decent hangers haha?

Esp barrel bobbins, excellent bobbins, 2 length of chains, 2 different types of line clips and adjustable weights. I've been using these for around three years now, as i said these are excellent bobbins imo. 🙂👍20200516_100930.thumb.jpg.f8579c427ff9baa1f3c661d7b58861f6.jpg

Just released you wanted hangers not bobbins. 🤪

Edited by finchey

1 hour ago, finchey said:

Esp barrel bobbins, excellent bobbins, 2 length of chains, 2 different types of line clips and adjustable weights. I've been using these for around three years now, as i said these are excellent bobbins imo. 🙂👍20200516_100930.thumb.jpg.f8579c427ff9baa1f3c661d7b58861f6.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm not fussy and perhaps I was using the wrong terminology! I'll check them out

You can get Solar Indicator Heads only, or the complete P1 indicator system. I use the Short Arm Titaniums as swingers, quiver arm (tight line indicators) or set slack at maximum drop for running leads and slack lines:

https://www.solartackle.co.uk/gear/titanium-indicator-heads

7 hours ago, pablo7uk said:

Hey all, 

I recently got the jrc radar CX bundle of 3 alarms, receiver and hangers. The alarms are great and a good price too but the hangers appear to be terrible they stick onto the line way too tight and get stuck. If you lift into a fish or even just to reel the rig in you have to specifically grab the line at both sides of the hanger clip and grab the hanger and pull both to free the line. 

My first thoughts were to adjust the clip since most are adjustable but there doesn't appear to be anything on them to this, nothing to twist etc

Was it the JRC Kurve Indicator system Bobbins ?

IMG_20200516_161401.thumb.jpg.3a08b6da06933c65fc60e71bb53af9e7.jpg

I used a Debit/Gift card to spride them open abit, were tight but it's the 2 balls in the head that are tight together, left spriseing for a few hrs did mine...when I had them. 

I've had that many Bobbins/Swingers over the past 2 years it's unreal....on Fox Sliks now but the best I've had are the Fox Mini Swingers.

Edited by Highy

They are a pain in the bobbin, got a set myself cheap and nasty plastic sold at good money, they are meant to grip the line that's why they grip a bit too well, i use banksticks must be awful on a pod be getting something else before i next go out. i'm surprised JRC put their name on them.

The esp ones are good 

I use the Gardner bugs myself but have different things for different situations 

like solid Swing arms if it’s windy to cut out false beeps

And differnet types of chain or Dacron 
different bobbin for different weights as well

2 hours ago, Highy said:

I now use Fox Sliks, but on Quiver Arms, Got the Chains and Dacrons too, All Fox interchange we each other, Bobbins, Chains, Dacrons all on same hockey stick, mine are the adjustable ones.

Screenshot_20200516_172138.thumb.jpg.915245646a012b8c0364e98d4a662f25.jpg

Highly have you seen these, there my nx purchase just got to wait for my local tackle shop to open up again. 

DDB507C1-650A-43A9-B074-7EB05E06F607.jpeg

I know what you mean about the JRC hangers. I've tried using them but they were absolutely useless, same problem as you.

If you are looking for a relatively inexpensive solution, the Wychwood "Slugs" are very, very good.  Available in a range of colours, (I have the orange ones which are very easy to spot), they fit easily onto your line and more importantly release very easily on picking your rod up. Nice handy slot for an isotope too. Highly recommended.
If you wanted to spend a little more money, the Jag Safeliners are also very good. In practice, I found them a little trickier to get on the line, especially in low light conditions, but again they release very easily on a take. As I say, they are not cheap and work out a lot more expensive than the Slugs as you have to buy the special hockey sticks separately. The Slugs come with everything you need. They are also not as "visual" as the Slugs, the brighter colours available on the latter really do help.
I like my bobbins to be light, so in both instances swapped out the supplied chains with cord replacements, which is very easy to do.
I am now using Delkim slimlites, I find these to be fantastic. But I have kept both my Slugs and Safeliner sets as back ups. 

For me though, the Slugs are unbeatable for the price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wychwood-Slug-Singles-Yellow/dp/B01CAG6YGK/ref=pd_sbs_200_2/261-8999168-5343421?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01CAG6YGK&pd_rd_r=2a49a3a1-21e0-4f37-868c-1668ed47bdc2&pd_rd_w=SxD6h&pd_rd_wg=bp8Pb&pf_rd_p=2773aa8e-42c5-4dbe-bda8-5cdf226aa078&pf_rd_r=HGF1E1JNT8D52V804SY9&psc=1&refRID=HGF1E1JNT8D52V804SY9

On 17/05/2020 at 05:27, smufter said:

I know what you mean about the JRC hangers. I've tried using them but they were absolutely useless, same problem as you.

If you are looking for a relatively inexpensive solution, the Wychwood "Slugs" are very, very good.  Available in a range of colours, (I have the orange ones which are very easy to spot), they fit easily onto your line and more importantly release very easily on picking your rod up. Nice handy slot for an isotope too. Highly recommended.
If you wanted to spend a little more money, the Jag Safeliners are also very good. In practice, I found them a little trickier to get on the line, especially in low light conditions, but again they release very easily on a take. As I say, they are not cheap and work out a lot more expensive than the Slugs as you have to buy the special hockey sticks separately. The Slugs come with everything you need. They are also not as "visual" as the Slugs, the brighter colours available on the latter really do help.
I like my bobbins to be light, so in both instances swapped out the supplied chains with cord replacements, which is very easy to do.
I am now using Delkim slimlites, I find these to be fantastic. But I have kept both my Slugs and Safeliner sets as back ups. 

For me though, the Slugs are unbeatable for the price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wychwood-Slug-Singles-Yellow/dp/B01CAG6YGK/ref=pd_sbs_200_2/261-8999168-5343421?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01CAG6YGK&pd_rd_r=2a49a3a1-21e0-4f37-868c-1668ed47bdc2&pd_rd_w=SxD6h&pd_rd_wg=bp8Pb&pf_rd_p=2773aa8e-42c5-4dbe-bda8-5cdf226aa078&pf_rd_r=HGF1E1JNT8D52V804SY9&psc=1&refRID=HGF1E1JNT8D52V804SY

On 16/05/2020 at 10:15, finchey said:

Thanks for all the suggestions and recommendations everyone. I've had a look at a few and the fox sliks sound decent! What does everyone think of the fox dinky range are they adjustable?

Screenshot_20200519_104750_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

9 minutes ago, pablo7uk said:

Thanks for all the suggestions and recommendations everyone. I've had a look at a few and the fox sliks sound decent! What does everyone think of the fox dinky range are they adjustable?

Screenshot_20200519_104750_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

I've also had these, to me the clip was abit tight on top, you can buy the adjustable top for them to, these maybe my next purchase but in Purple

Screenshot_20200519_110117.thumb.jpg.91717b799d486305bdca031e015a86b2.jpg

These were mine but I never actually used em.

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/05/2020 at 16:12, Highy said:

I've had that many Bobbins/Swingers over the past 2 years it's unreal....on Fox Sliks now but the best I've had are the Fox Mini Swingers

The best indicators grips I found were on the original Fox Mk.1 Swingers. 

I loved those indicators, used them for years. The Mk.2's were not a patch on them, the line gate was awful although the increased weight was better. 

In fact I think it was having to replace my Swingers when they were stolen is why I went to Solar indicator heads

• 2 weeks later...

Years ago when swingers came in everybody was using them. They worked great (I still use 'em now) They stay still in the wind and you can add extra weight - varying it by its position on the swinger....now most seem to be using hangers. So....here I am scratching my head as to why the change over - hangers that seem to like swaying in the wind and causing false bleeps etc. How is that a forward progression? Am I missing something? Is it just a fashion thing - like snag ears seem to have become? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 16/05/2020 at 08:23, pablo7uk said:

Hey all, 

Hi there

i bought them myself and found it a bit PeculiarThen I realisedThat there is 3 setting on them the first setting is probably what ur looking for as this Allows u to take ur rod up without taking ur pod as well lol 😂 wnen u push ur line in it u should hear a click try to keep it on the first click the more clicks the tighter it gets  hope this helps anyways tight lines well not 2 THIGHT 😂