Heaviest groundbait

Weird  question

What is the heaviest groundbait you can get? As want to start baiting up the river. But its quite deep and balls to break up slowly. 

Was thinking vitalin or maybe a method  mix. 

I dont really want to be messing round with soils and leams as it all gets a bit complicated

2 hours ago, Tree123 said:

Weird  question

What is the heaviest groundbait you can get? As want to start baiting up the river. But its quite deep and balls to break up slowly. 

I dont really want to be messing round with soils and leams as it all gets a bit complicated

Vitalin mix 50/50 with plain brown crumbs great binder add anything you like. best mixed up has you need it ,

There used to be one called Meatimix... very heavy... if you want to make the balls get to the bottom without breaking up get yourself a bag of PV1 Collant Binder... a cup of binder to a bag of groundbait will get it down to swims about 6 feet without breaking up... another way is to "Skin up" your groundbait balls by forming them with dry hands first and then wetting your hands and squeezing the balls again to put a slick skin on your groundbait...

2 hours ago, Tree123 said:

Trying  to avoid  adding any binders or anything like that as want to keep it simple. Will be fishing bread  on the hook  anyway so crumb and vitalin  will work and cheap too

The best binder to keep it stiff is white breadcrumb.

Vitalin and plain white crumb takes its time breaking down.

On 15/05/2020 at 10:05, Tree123 said:

Weird  question

I agree with emmcee tbh, whilst my little mole muck experiment needs more conclusive proof, I think it may work wonders and would be heavy enough to sink, I mixed it with pellet and some groundbait and hydro squid liquid 

• 1 year later...
47 minutes ago, dalej2014 said:

Really late reply on this, but have you tried freezing? It may help carry the groundbait down to the bottom? Just an idea though, and would need to test on your venue.

Frozen groundbait due to ice particles within being lighter than water often floats😉

The annoyance when I have watched floating groundbait drift out of position! 

1 hour ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Frozen groundbait due to ice particles within being lighter than water often floats😉

The annoyance when I have watched floating groundbait drift out of position! 

I did wonder (thinking about ice cubes in spirits), but wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying mate.