Line , Dia and breaking strength

17 minutes ago, Highy said:

Just been to local Go Outdoors / Fishing Republic....

No Daiwa Sensor in Clear....

Had Daiwa Sensor Brown in 8,12,15.

Daiwa Hyper Sensor in 5,6,8,12,15.

Daiwa Hyper Sensor Gun Metal in 5,6,8,12,15

It was a weird 1 as the 2 hyper Sensor in 15lb was 0.31mm but brown 15lb was 0.37mm....

Hyper sensor is a "casting line" therefore thinner diameter.  

3 minutes ago, emmcee said:

Hyper sensor is a "casting line" therefore thinner diameter.  

Would it be a decent line to use ?, was toying of the Hyper Sensor in Gunmetal 15lb.

No massive casts, it's on sale £9 a spool....no snag fishing, just margins and open water.

14 hours ago, Highy said:

Just been to local Go Outdoors / Fishing Republic....

No Daiwa Sensor in Clear....

Had Daiwa Sensor Brown in 8,12,15

Sensor Clear is NOT as good as the Brown. It doesn't knot as tidily, and seems stiffer.

On 11/06/2022 at 17:05, jh92 said:

Sensor in brown for me as well, been using it for over 15 years now, can't fault it so haven't found the need to use something different lol 

17 hours ago, newmarket said:

Agree . If you’re going down the non-fluorocarbon route then Gardner Pro or Daiwa Brown are the go to for me .

Too many good reviews to look elsewhere, nearly everything has a dodgy review if you look hard enough for it but those 2 not so much.

I used Daiwa Sensor for years, until Richard Gardner sent me a spool of Gardner Pro to test and review.

The result is that Gardner Pro is my go-to line now in monofilament. I have compared Pro Light mono to fluorocarbon, and believe it or not it is as difficult to see in the water as fluorocarbon. 

Quite possibly it would make an alternative!

The only possible difference is the 'lay flat' weight as mono is not as heavy, but does take on water.

i'm liking the gardner line i'm using it's the HD one, very good casting line pretty beefy too, i like to use the local shops when i can, none seem to have the hydro tuff in stock, the fox illusion is a good line casts well bit stingy on spool size though. yeah i'm still up, should be making sarnies right about now!

8 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

i'm liking the gardner line i'm using it's the HD one, very good casting line pretty beefy too, i like to use the local shops when i can, none seem to have the hydro tuff in stock, the fox illusion is a good line casts well bit stingy on spool size though. yeah i'm still up, should be making sarnies right about now!

Out of all the lines I've used,  the gardener gt-hd line has given me endless headaches. I used to get the odd line frap on a cast with other lines but this line I got them endlessly.  I even started to doubt myself regarding how I spooled it up so even watched a YouTube video of Lewis read loading it up to make sure I wasn't being a complete noddy. Suffice to say I had spooled it correct but the line fraps kept coming. I changed lines and no more fraps. God knows what was wrong or happening. 

• 1 month later...
Just now, newmarket said:

My thoughts ? What’s wrong with the line you use at the moment ?

I can't seem to settle on a line, the Fox Soft Steel in Camo was a decent 1, Sonik Subsonik in Camo, Daiwa Sensor Clear to thin, GTHD was up there, the Korda Carp Line I've got on now I've used twice and is curly wirly, it do everything to prep em, soak take time putting on, the use the spin doctor to take out any kinks if any.

At the moment just not settling on a line...

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Would anyone use the Sonik Uktrasonik Clear, for Carp Fishing ?....just thoughts ?...

1 hour ago, newmarket said:

My thoughts ? What’s wrong with the line you use at the moment ?

Just looked at the difference between the Sonik Subsonik ear and Sonik Ultrasonik Clear,  both in 18lb...only difference I have found is....nothing, both same diameter, both say EXACTLY same on spools, but it looks liken you get more line on the Subsonik version. 

3 hours ago, Highy said:

I can't seem to settle on a line, the Fox Soft Steel in Camo was a decent 1, Sonik Subsonik in Camo, Daiwa Sensor Clear to thin, GTHD was up there, the Korda Carp Line I've got on now I've used twice and is curly wirly, it do everything to prep em, soak take time putting on, the use the spin doctor to take out any kinks if any.

At the moment just not settling on a line...

Have you got too much line on the spools that may make it go curly? 

I would try using wrap sticks and just stretch it out a bit using them also wet it first may help 👍

6 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Have you got too much line on the spools that may make it go curly? 

I would try using wrap sticks and just stretch it out a bit using them also wet it first may help 👍

I've filled em to just before the lip...

I've walked them out on the banknlast week, then reeled in...Still curly, mate suggested tying to a pole or summat n stretch it...i always wet my line.

Think might end up back on the Gardner GTHD...had a browse at lines earlier...

It's 1 of them things now that's starting to annoy me that can't get quite right...

I've got 1 spool on its way in the post now, we'll see him this goes on, casts and stuff....

• 6 months later...
5 minutes ago, johnboy44 said:

Hi with the wychwood carp line how long do u soak it for pls and which way do u Spool it?

The DPF Purple ?....it wasn't the best for me really, I only used in a few sessions and had bid line curl....

Using Sonik Camo in 18lb now and also have a 15lb for backup.

10 minutes ago, johnboy44 said:

Yeah it's the purple one, I've only been going fishing few months so still learning and it will be first time spooling it myself. 

I have just brought a sonic one myself

My Subsonik camo line...I really do rate the Subsonik Camo.

20230111_112914.thumb.jpg.e5dc8dc6caafd0ba48b1cd60ebe59057.jpg