Leadcore beads???

Hello all, I decided to buy 25M of Korda Kable and some leadcore beads so start making my own heli systems instead of keep buying ready made ones. I purchased the recommended 6mm beads and they were too big so i bought the 4mm beads but even they keep slipping up and down the leadcore without and pressure. can someone recommend what beads to use to stop them slipping up and down unless under pressure i.e you physiaclly moving the bead up/down

thanks

Josh

Have you priced up the difference between buying ready made helicopter leaders and buying the components separately? I’m sure I saw a mate post on Facebook that he was better off financially, buying the ready made kits when you pro rata the cost. He uses Korda ones. 

13 hours ago, nigewoodcock said:

Have you priced up the difference between buying ready made helicopter leaders and buying the components separately? I’m sure I saw a mate post on Facebook that he was better off financially, buying the ready made kits when you pro rata the cost. He uses Korda ones. 

Valid point. It's not like rigs that get replaced after every bite or session. The leader might stay on all season.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, StinkyMink said:

I hate them with a passion - they fall off on the cast (and it was just a nugget on the hook at short range with a light lead, before anyone asks about mesh bags). I'm not paying a fiver for three of the stupid things to litter the lake thanks! Plus they are rock hard with nasty edges that need filing down, and the line gets stuck in the groove and tangles - anyway when you actually test it, you will find that the bead jams up against the rubber base at an angle where it hits a leader knot and jams up anyway - overpriced unsafe gimmick

Nothing wrong with them 

I’m not talking about the helisafe kit 

When I make up my helicopter leadcore leaders i make a long splice 2 inch’s long at the weight end I find the extra thickness helps grip the bead but not to tight. The other end has obviously a small loop as has the weight end.  I ALWAYS make sure the bead can travel over the top loop of the leadcore easily. I can’t remember the last time i used anything under the bead to help grip it to the leader.....There’s a lake I fish often has gravel bars and some zebra muscle beds so leadcore is a must for me.