Allotments

dayvid

Allotments , Exercise , well the allotments not far from me are being used by family's as an excuse to get out ,Mother digging and three kids playing ect.

This got me thinking ….. if you have a Syndicate, a true Syndicate where you as a group of guys rent the venue off an estate and have free rain to do as you wish , then this applies to mine .

So im going to make myself a plot, say around 20 feet by 10  , Dig and plant who knows what, and whilst im at my new Allotment by the lake ,why not take my fishing gear and to protect said allotment plot stay overnight .

I see nothing wrong with this whatso ever .

LOL if you really wanted to and was prepared to act like a hippy that has had their route to the Henge road blocked, an angler could go fishing. When you get stopped by the police just give them all the details they ask for and ask for a court summons, when you get in front of the Magistrate ask them to explain what criminal offence you are there for, that will probably pop their ego and the Maj will throw their little book at you, not to worry, you can try for a jury trail in crown court . Where the judge and CPS will have to behave a little more civil and stick to the actual criminal offence committed, if they do go ahead with a case and find you guilty of going fishing there is always the appeal courts then you have the supreme court, that will be able to explain in clear everyday English what law ruling was used by the judge and weather the judge made a mistake in their interpretation of the law and if they go along with the original summons, that's when you can  go to the UN courts on human rights. that's if you are felling exceptionally litigious and enjoy a good legal tussle. 

It's worrying just how keen some police are to act the full on state police force and enforce government legislation as criminal law.

The above advice is of course taken with a good munga size portion of salt, might want to stick to the two rod lengths into a bog roll tube in the garden as most people fold at the first court and go guilty. 

Got to say though the ladies doing the SIA work at my local shop are doing a great job never thought i'd say that about a door-stop, must be the uniform 😋

9 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

LOL if you really wanted to and was prepared to act like a hippy that has had their route to the Henge road blocked, an angler could go fishing. When you get stopped by the police just give them all the details they ask for and ask for a court summons, when you get in front of the Magistrate ask them to explain what criminal offence you are there for, that will probably pop their ego and the Maj will throw their little book at you, not to worry, you can try for a jury trail in crown court . Where the judge and CPS will have to behave a little more civil and stick to the actual criminal offence committed, if they do go ahead with a case and find you guilty of going fishing there is always the appeal courts then you have the supreme court, that will be able to explain in clear everyday English what law ruling was used by the judge and weather the judge made a mistake in their interpretation of the law and if they go along with the original summons, that's when you can  go to the UN courts on human rights. that's if you are felling exceptionally litigious and enjoy a good legal tussle. 

Or you could pay the 30 quid fine and walk away lol.

It amazes me the amount of folks trying to find a way round all the bans and gatherings.... WTFlip  do they think this virus is....? Its a killer ferchrissakes...  there is a very good chance you can die if you get it.... I want to slap some folks rigid with some of the rubbish I've heard

6 minutes ago, yonny said:

Or you could pay the 30 quid fine and walk away lol.

So long as you are heading home, could be opening yourself up to all sorts of future problems on a second fine.

3 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

It amazes me the amount of folks trying to find a way round all the bans and gatherings.... WTFlip  do they think this virus is....? Its a killer ferchrissakes...  there is a very good chance you can die if you get it.... I want to slap some folks rigid with some of the rubbish I've heard

I give it two more weeks at most then the fun will really start, got to say i'm disappointed with the civil rights video auditors this is their big chance to take on the right to be out filming like the news crews are. all it needs is this to go on into summer and riots could start. 

I think Dayvid is making a good point. What starts off as an EXCUSE for exercise, then becomes an excuse to fish, then of course you will need a barbeque and a few drinks and a few friends to help and ……..   It’s a bit like that bloke stopped halfway up Snowdon in a Range Rover claiming he was going to exercise. WTF

Wot Bluebell said. This thing is killing people. Stay at home and go nowhere unless you have to feed yourself or get medicine – and it only takes one of you. How hard can it be?

Disclaimer – I am over 70 with COPD so I have a vested interest in people sticking to the very simple rules. I am not ready to die yet just because some [censored] is getting a bit bored.

Edited by carpepecheur

3 minutes ago, carpepecheur said:

I think Dayvid is making a good point. What starts off as an EXCUSE for exercise, then becomes an excuse to fish, then of course you will need a barbeque and a few drinks and a few friends to help and ……..   It’s a bit like that bloke stopped halfway up Snowdon in a Range Rover claiming he was going to exercise. WTF

Wot Bluebell said. This thing is killing people. Stay at home and go nowhere unless you have to feed yourself or get medicine – and it only takes one of you. How hard can it be?

Disclaimer – I am over 70 with COPD so I have a vested interest in people sticking to the very simple rules. I am not ready to die yet just because some [censored] is getting a bit bored.

Same as mate i live with someone that has a compromised immune system i'm all so doing the shopping for my mum she is well old and not long got over cancer, i'm 50 myself and on statins. 

5 hours ago, dayvid said:

Allotments , Exercise , well the allotments not far from me are being used by family's as an excuse to get out ,Mother digging and three kids playing ect.

This got me thinking ….. if you have a Syndicate, a true Syndicate where you as a group of guys rent the venue off an estate and have free rain to do as you wish , then this applies to mine .

So im going to make myself a plot, say around 20 feet by 10  , Dig and plant who knows what, and whilst im at my new Allotment by the lake ,why not take my fishing gear and to protect said allotment plot stay overnight .

I see nothing wrong with this whatso ever .

So living in Hampshire , Dayvid , would I be visiting you in Parkhurst ? .

😁

My mate has an allotment and recieved a letter from the local council encouraging all holders to carry on tending their plots.

To tend his plot he would have to drive there and open locked gates, the exact reasons I have been given why we cannot fish.

I have to drive by my local lake to get to the supermarket, so why can't i visit the supermarket, buy enough provisions for 2/3 weeks and stop at the lake and fish for 2/3 weeks? Surley no better place to isolate?

I think people should just stay at home and stop trying to beat the system, it's the others who suffer, my dad is going in for a an op as he has bowel cancer tomorrow, I'm scared that even though he is isolated at present he can't isolate himself against idiots who take it upon themselves to break the rules for whatever petty reason they can find, these people then go around infecting others who then infect others and others and others, it's just a few weeks off, just do what you can to stop the spread it will save lives 

2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I think people should just stay at home and stop trying to beat the system, it's the others who suffer, my dad is going in for a an op as he has bowel cancer tomorrow, I'm scared that even though he is isolated at present he can't isolate himself against idiots who take it upon themselves to break the rules for whatever petty reason they can find, these people then go around infecting others who then infect others and others and others, it's just a few weeks off, just do what you can to stop the spread it will save lives 

Well said 👍. Fingers crossed for your dad mate. 

Edited by emmcee

39 minutes ago, gidneyboy said:

My mate has an allotment and recieved a letter from the local council encouraging all holders to carry on tending their plots.

To tend his plot he would have to drive there and open locked gates, the exact reasons I have been given why we cannot fish.

I have to drive by my local lake to get to the supermarket, so why can't i visit the supermarket, buy enough provisions for 2/3 weeks and stop at the lake and fish for 2/3 weeks? Surley no better place to isolate?

I wonder if the reasoning is something along the lines of " Dig For Victory " , i.e. we are being encouraged to grow as much of our own food as possible .

I've read that the farmers are warning of a shortage of labour .

12 hours ago, gidneyboy said:

This is the government advice – copied and pasted from their own web site.

"You should only leave the house for very limited purposes:

·         shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible.

·         one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household.

·         any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid or escape risk of injury or harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.

·         travelling for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home.

These reasons are exceptions - even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household."

Now which part of “stop at the lake and fish for 2/3 weeks” fits that advice? This is not a game. People ARE dying. Be responsible.

37 minutes ago, dayvid said:

Ahhh its only Advice I see 😬

From the same government web site:-

The police will act with discretion and common sense in applying these measures and we expect the public to act responsibly, staying at home in order to save lives.

However, if the police believe that you have broken these rules – or if you refuse to follow their instructions – a police officer may issue you with a fixed penalty notice for £60 (reduced to £30 if paid within 14 days). If you have already received a fixed penalty notice, the amount will increase to £120 and double on each further repeat offence.

Looks like i may of picked up the lurgy, and i have been staying in, late last night my mouth and throat just dried out in an instant and the back of my throat is dry itchy, meant to doing a shop run for my mum today, I'm hoping it's down to switching to my little pipe while the other was being cleaned?

Just as a bonus  Youtube has had enough of my own brand of humor and banned me from live chat, who watches a currant affairs show called Trigger Warning TV  then complains because the comments are a bit too close to the knuckle, it must of been a Vegan or a trans person either that or i have been dipping in the Corbyn well once too often in order to get a bite from right wingers,  

6 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Looks like i may of picked up the lurgy, and i have been staying in, late last night my mouth and throat just dried out in an instant and the back of my throat is dry itchy, meant to doing a shop run for my mum today, I'm hoping it's down to switching to my little pipe while the other was being cleaned?

Just as a bonus  Youtube has had enough of my own brand of humor and banned me from live chat, who watches a currant affairs show called Trigger Warning TV  then complains because the comments are a bit too close to the knuckle, it must of been a Vegan or a trans person either that or i have been dipping in the Corbyn well once too often in order to get a bite from right wingers,  

Hello Carpbell 

Do you still have a sense of smell and taste , upset tummy , headache ? .

🤔

1 hour ago, crusian said:

Hello Carpbell 

Do you still have a sense of smell and taste , upset tummy , headache ? .

🤔

All that is fine just had a really dry throat occasional coughing feels like i have wood chips lining my mouth and throat temps are fine, if you vape? it' feels like a dry vape pull, late last night into this morning was the worst getting up in the night to drink water.

ASDA are being slack called into one of their big stores to get everything in one go, no ques so i thought it would be emptyish inside, nope just everyone milling about as they please. i was gloved and masked up.  

7 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

I had the same last Thursday. 

Woke up at 3am and my throat was on fire. 

Immediately went into panic mode. 

Took some paracetamol and went back to sleep, when I woke a few hours later the sore throat was gone but had a proper headache and earache. 

Been on antibiotics since last Friday but still got the headache and earache. 

1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

All that is fine just had a really dry throat occasional coughing feels like i have wood chips lining my mouth and throat temps are fine, if you vape? it' feels like a dry vape pull, late last night into this morning was the worst getting up in the night to drink water.

ASDA are being slack called into one of their big stores to get everything in one go, no ques so i thought it would be emptyish inside, nope just everyone milling about as they please. i was gloved and masked up.  

I hope whatever you have / had is passing / passed .

I'll give Asda a miss then , not that there are any Asdas' near me .

1 hour ago, muftyboy said:

I had the same last Thursday. 

Woke up at 3am and my throat was on fire. 

Immediately went into panic mode. 

Took some paracetamol and went back to sleep, when I woke a few hours later the sore throat was gone but had a proper headache and earache. 

Been on antibiotics since last Friday but still got the headache and earache. 

Hope your antibiotics start to kick in soon , Mufty .

😃