ND tackle dongles set any good or not?

For some reason the pervert in me wants some delkims ev-d or Nevilles or something, im not ready to commit 550 quid to a set but I fancy a change 😑

Has anyone used the ND tackle dongles £71, for 3 dongles + receiver which is less than half price of the gardner set up? But are they any good? 

I am slowly coming round to the idea of needing dongles and the fact they are cheaper from ND makes it acceptable just abiut ☺️, I can't see any other alarms I want really other than Nevilles or the delkims at present, but I think most people will say Delks are better alarms with the vibration sensing thing 

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I'm staying to quite like the look of the S9 alarm set tbh, they look quite decent I think, have lots of different features that can be all controlled via phone or the reciever 

Stay away from the k9 mate. 

Had them for a couple of years and all the dials kept falling off. 

The s9 look a lot better to be fair and are cheaper than the k9 too. 

1 hour ago, muftyboy said:

Stay away from the k9 mate. 

Had them for a couple of years and all the dials kept falling off. 

The s9 look a lot better to be fair and are cheaper than the k9 too. 

That's not so good I think the S9 seems a lot more simple, with less to go wrong on them but thanks will do more digging 

6 hours ago, elmoputney said:

That's not so good I think the S9 seems a lot more simple, with less to go wrong on them but thanks will do more digging 

I had the K9 alarms a couple of years ago. Bought to replace aging Fox buzzers and being a bit of a techie these looked perfect. I used them for a few day sessions before taking them to France with me. The first evening I am sat with my mate in-between our pegs (about 10 meters from my bivvy) when my mate says he could hear a whirring noise - checked my receiver, nothing - glanced at my rods to see the reel on my right hand rod melting. Long story short, I had what felt like it could have been a PB, but because my receiver had not indicated anything it had ran at least 100 yards and eventually came off - I sold the alarms as soon as I got back and will never trust anything by ND again. The S9 alarms come with exactly the same receiver as the K9s.

I have Nash R3 now and have never looked back.

Edited by Damo_UK

15 hours ago, Damo_UK said:

I had the K9 alarms a couple of years ago. Bought to replace aging Fox buzzers and being a bit of a techie these looked perfect. I used them for a few day sessions before taking them to France with me. The first evening I am sat with my mate in-between our pegs (about 10 meters from my bivvy) when my mate says he could hear a whirring noise - checked my receiver, nothing - glanced at my rods to see the reel on my right hand rod melting. Long story short, I had what felt like it could have been a PB, but because my receiver had not indicated anything it had ran at least 100 yards and eventually came off - I sold the alarms as soon as I got back and will never trust anything by ND again. The S9 alarms come with exactly the same receiver as the K9s.

I have Nash R3 now and have never looked back.

Have you any Relatives in the U.S.A. , Damo 🤔.

😁

On 27 March 2020 at 10:04, elmoputney said:

For some reason the pervert in me wants some delkims ev-d or Nevilles or something, im not ready to commit 550 quid to a set but I fancy a change 😑

Has anyone used the ND tackle dongles £71, for 3 dongles + receiver which is less than half price of the gardner set up? But are they any good? 

I am slowly coming round to the idea of needing dongles and the fact they are cheaper from ND makes it acceptable just abiut ☺️, I can't see any other alarms I want really other than Nevilles or the delkims at present, but I think most people will say Delks are better alarms with the vibration sensing thing 

I bought the Att dongles to go onto my Delkims years ago, must be 10+?

I'm sure I had them when I first went onto Nazeing in 2008, so they have lasted. The receiver lasts at least a year on a single Eveready or Duracell AA battery, however dependant on use or type the dongle batteries will need changing around every 3 months. The GP batteries don't have a good life, the ones I got from Maplin were a whole lot better, sadly Maplin😖

I know this goes against Emmcees opinion, sorry, I have found the ST Delkims with the dongles worked for me, and I know it is a common judgement that Delkim TXi's had water ingress problems for a few years.

• 3 years later...
9 minutes ago, shane1984 said:

I've heard the signal is rubbish eith the nd transmitters. So best going for the attx

Atleast your getting what you pay for and also if you go onto fb market place you could actually get yourself a bargain and pay what you'd pay for the nd set. Just means looking around 

Thanks in the end I went with atts alarms and attx receiver, I have since upgraded to the deluxe receiver as the non deluxe one was OK but the double first bleep it was giving me used to scare the pants off me, deluxe one seems good so far happy with the Gardner alarms though they do all I want and couldn't be any simpler to use, and the batteries last forever 

18 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Thanks in the end I went with atts alarms and attx receiver, I have since upgraded to the deluxe receiver as the non deluxe one was OK but the double first bleep it was giving me used to scare the pants off me, deluxe one seems good so far happy with the Gardner alarms though they do all I want and couldn't be any simpler to use, and the batteries last forever 

Which ones do you have Elmo ?

I think the underlit ones are triffic .

On 26/05/2023 at 11:00, newmarket said:

Which ones do you have Elmo ?

I think the underlit ones are triffic .

IMG_20230527_183335.thumb.jpg.b7db060d22d5f9ead176d65b21006ed3.jpgunderlit ones too clear led but have switched to a green roller to match the old bobbins, I've just added some Gardner spacers and leather o rings, can't decide if I like the spacers or not tbh they make it all a tad neater I guess but I can't help feeling they look a bit odd 😂

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

IMG_20230527_183335.thumb.jpg.b7db060d22d5f9ead176d65b21006ed3.jpgunderlit ones too clear led but have switched to a green roller to match the old bobbins, I've just added some Gardner spacers and leather o rings, can't decide if I like the spacers or not tbh they make it all a tad neater I guess but I can't help feeling they look a bit odd 😂

Odd ! I should say so .. 😉

here’s a pic of my gorgeous blue underlit att only got one the other two are the older models 

IMG_0409.jpeg

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Go for rubber o rings, they look tidier, or file down the edge of the leather ones.

22 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I had a set of stainless steel buzz bars and bank sticks very chunky and heavy cost me a fortune but couldn’t tighten them really down so I swapped the rubber o rings for the leather ones which cured the problem…. But I sold them on there were just to heavy

On 27/05/2023 at 19:01, elmoputney said:

I reckon they look fine on a pod mate but if you’re going down the tackle tart route  then the rubber O rings are better looking imo .

I only ever use banksticks myself , with rubber O rings and I don’t care what they look like as long as I know when I have a bite 🤣