Covid and Angling Lines

Paul.

44 minutes ago, Paul. said:

Hello everyone, I'm due to travel to France with Angling Lines in June, has anyone had experience with refunds/rescheduling due to Coronavirus?

I am due to travel to Greece in may 

recieved an email from Tui yesterday 

they will be contacting us soon.

iF I get offered the choice it will be re schedule rather than refund

they also said they are planning on anyone in June and July to still be going 

just bear with these companies everyone is taking it day by day 

I booked majorca for late May with TUI. 

Thankfully paid on credit card, so hope to get a full refund. Friends in that industry advised to get the refund, due to the control factor. If you accept an alternative and something caused a further cancellation, then you could risk the financial loss. Having the money to pay for an alternative should put you in a stronger position if and when things are available, chances are you can get a better deal. I'm sure it's going to take a while before things find an equilibrium. 

Did anyone else catch the Rob Hughes live stream last night? wish the well known anglers would do more of those, Rob really is the full package if you was Rob Hughes for the day how would you spend it, off fishing on a very exclusive lake or out on the razzle chasing the other big girls. 

Just wish they would use youtube for the live streams, don't buffer as much as FB.

10 minutes ago, yonny said:

I hate to say it but I find him a little annoying. His appeal for the every day angler to pledge cash to the England carp team left a lot to be desired imo.

I don't mind the whole go fund me era a lot of people do it for all sorts of things, he does put a lot of work into the teams he runs seen him out running the ladies match in winter he was going around the pegs shoveling the churned up mud out, fair play to the women for being out in it too it was that real wet winter we had a few years back.

It is more than annoying though when you bump into the BCAC round when you nip out to your local lake. 

Live Streams are the future for carp media either from the bank or in the tackle room/bait shed

• 2 months later...
On 27/03/2020 at 10:38, snowmanstevo said:

Ian (Welder) or Nige can you shed some light on why Nick has spat his dummy out over the thread ???? 

Only just encountered this thread and know absolutely nothing about it. I must pay more attention! 

Ian.

24 minutes ago, welder said:

Only just encountered this thread and know absolutely nothing about it. I must pay more attention! 

Ian.

Read back it’s about a thread being locked it was Nick P00 P00ing about covid 19 and how it wasn’t that much of a big deal........ 41,000 deaths later I’d say it was but unfortunately we lost a long term serial poster due to it. 🤔🙁

Hope you and Alan are well,mate. 

20 hours ago, snowmanstevo said:

Read back it’s about a thread being locked it was Nick P00 P00ing about covid 19 and how it wasn’t that much of a big deal........ 41,000 deaths later I’d say it was but unfortunately we lost a long term serial poster due to it. 🤔🙁

I’ve only just seen this too. Read back through but can’t see any posts?  Perhaps they have been deleted? 

21 hours ago, snowmanstevo said:

I've read everything available and assume that some stuff has been deleted. Always a shame to lose any member, let alone one with obvious enthusiasm.

Alan and I are fine, mate. Mad busy with the wrought ironwork and disappointed that our trip to Lac du Menhir in July isn't going to happen

Stay safe.

Ian.

1 hour ago, welder said:

I've read everything available and assume that some stuff has been deleted. Always a shame to lose any member, let alone one with obvious enthusiasm.

Alan and I are fine, mate. Mad busy with the wrought ironwork and disappointed that our trip to Lac du Menhir in July isn't going to happen

Stay safe.

Ian.

Sorry Ian,it wasn’t this thread it was one labelled Coronavirus nooooooo or something and Nick and Ocosha started a debait that in my judgement seen nick get the hump and lock it for no reason........ and that was the end of Ocosha 🙁🙄