Back to pastures old

elmoputney

4 hours ago, B B said:

Just had a 6lb Bream  😞

At least it wasn't a rudd. 

54 minutes ago, B B said:

Well that was a short 24hr trip … the Carp decided to get a bit amorous so had to pull off the dock  😂

It won't be long till it is happening where I am I don't think. 

1 hour ago, B B said:

Well that was a short 24hr trip … the Carp decided to get a bit amorous so had to pull off the dock  😂

56 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

At least it wasn't a rudd. 

It won't be long till it is happening where I am I don't think. 

I've asked our club bailiff, he reckons next day or two, but deffo be at weekend. 

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Both kids have decided they want to come night fishing before the Rudd match tomorrow, 2 kids 1 dog, this will be interesting for sure  😂 

My son was never interested in going fishing more into his snooker and pool which he played at County level but I was a foster carer for awhile and took a young lad for a overnight trip he was a bit hyper so I found if I got him up at the crack of dawn on the day of the trip he slept through the night 😉

1 hour ago, B B said:

My son was never interested in going fishing more into his snooker and pool which he played at County level but I was a foster carer for awhile and took a young lad for a overnight trip he was a bit hyper so I found if I got him up at the crack of dawn on the day of the trip he slept through the night 😉

Mines on and off, the gear his there if he wants, but loves the camping side and staying up.

8 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Yep they are still messing about and it's 11pm, I'm fishing all 3 rods in the margin can see a blank on the cards lol 

Apart from the Rudd match maybe should catch some of them. 😂

Did you win the Rudd Match though, that's the Big Question ???

It was only 3 weeks ago I was last out, but may aswell feel like 3yrs ago, absolutely itching to get out....work,life and family is the busiest its ever been 😭😭😭.

Need to christen the new Bivvy & Rods.

It doesn't look like any time soon in the next month or so either 😭.

Beside work shifts (6-2/2-10) Monday n Thursday Football training, Tuesday n Friday wife uses car for her training, Wednesday karate training, Saturdays are now classed as "Family Days", Sunday is either Wife going Morris dancing or lad has a football game (friendly at moment).

But next 3 Saturdays I'm on an FA Instructed Coaching course, Work is the busiest it's ever been, Weather looks pants for next 2 weeks too.

Onto of all that, "someone" has decided to ask my sister can we start having her baby (my neice) on every other Friday over night.

Edited by Highy

5 hours ago, commonly said:

Sounds like you should book onto the social in September!!!

If I don't book my fishing in, it'd never happen. I believe we all need our relaxation time.

Probably be September I'm next out 🤣🤣 (😭😭)

We Finished 4th out of 7 with 14lb odd so not bad we just fished 1 whip between us and took shifts, my shift Was pretty much 5 hours whether I had the pole or not because I did all the slimy stuff, the lakes a lot emptier tonight so I've done some class swim  poaching rather than move I went next door cast my marker and I am Fishing one rod across the next swim 🤣good angling or lazy I even used the boat 😲 got my middle rod out a bit further than last night and my other rod down the side on a nice clear spot just off some pads come on the near full moon carpies, 

The lake is about 140lb lighter of rudd now, still blooming loads though 😂

I forgot to say the kids were really keen to stay a 2nd night so we did 😂

2 nights still blanked, everyone seems to think it's gone moody recently, I just knew I needed to move, was unusually busy Friday but cleared a lot Saturday but with an entourage it wasn't happening, all in all was nice though the girls really enjoyed it it was like a mini holiday for them I think, hopefully we can get a couple more family sessions in over the summer Hols and maybe I'll even catch one, Might try being better organised next time it was quite spur of the moment and that didn't help my old brain as it did get a little stressful at points but we had some nice moments too so we'll call it a success lol 

I think planning is key for family fishing. 

1 minute ago, B B said:

Well I’m finally on the bank for what could be a couple of nights. Rods are out and the kettle is on the go. Got a good book on the kindle to finish and the dab radio as a back up. 

Giid lucknpal.....

Think its gonna be that long until I'm next out, I've resorted to taking all batteries out of everything, disconnect bait boat, so organised my gear more neatly, and put all back into my unit.

Well usual story most of the lake is busy but the big bit only has one on the other side and us now with a bank to ourselves, had a bit of a mare getting the rods out first one boated, 2nd one boated then thrashed to a foam and boated. Then the 3rd boated, cast boated and boated again because the line got snagged on the Lillies,happy now though took a while, but I've seen a few showing though one right on my area, so maybe the other end being sewn up has pushed some out this way, hopeful anyway. 

Just caught a giant slimy slug, and korda durakord is rubbish thats my thoughts, I had a take in the night and think it was aborted as I didn't feel any kicks or owt, however bringing in a raft of weed the durakord loop on the lead clip gave way, not the first time this has happened, I always check them when I make them and have never had this happen with other leaders. So it is rubbish. 

I've only got eldest daughter with me and she wants to stay another night, she is going to ask mummy in a bit, wish me luck 😂

IMG_20230812_060214.thumb.jpg.1b2707620feb78eb3cf7d1ce3abf6857.jpg