Back to pastures old

elmoputney

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Lucky it feels miserable here, this last 30 mins is taking forever. 

How's it going Elmo....🎣🎣🎣

I've not gone, instead blowing 200 balloons up for presentation statues and arch for tomorrow....

In the Team colours...

4 of these...

Screenshot_20230512_173613_Gallery.thumb.jpg.99ae575d08ce7123f51adff6f54dfe90.jpg

And the below arch in Yellow n Blue, but 2 of these....

20230212_223519.thumb.jpg.9095a8cf070b289fe5b94adfe3be56af.jpg

Then nits having a silver drop background for photos with awards...

All these are being done in the morning, only done 1 to test...

IMG_20230512_185312.thumb.jpg.ba4efa0dd7d08dd9aacb870285aef259.jpg

Rods are all out 1 solid bag, 2 on spinners,lakes busy but I got my old favourite haunt so I am happy I cast them all too rather than use the boat,5 casts to get 3 rods with drops I'll take that, although I have since dumped 3 boat loads of bait out was a bit like Dover to calais crossing for a bit 😂

All in all solid start, confidence is high, just had a liner come on the carps. 

13 hours ago, elmoputney said:

IMG_20230512_185312.thumb.jpg.ba4efa0dd7d08dd9aacb870285aef259.jpg

Rods are all out 1 solid bag, 2 on spinners,lakes busy but I got my old favourite haunt so I am happy I cast them all too rather than use the boat,5 casts to get 3 rods with drops I'll take that, although I have since dumped 3 boat loads of bait out was a bit like Dover to calais crossing for a bit 😂

All in all solid start, confidence is high, just had a liner come on the carps. 

Anything through the Night?

7 hours ago, commonly said:

Wishing I was fishing😭

Not out until first weekend of June. 

On the the upside, finally collected my free spirit Helical 13 ft rods today. They look very nice for the money, super lightweight. I'll set up my reels and take a pic tomorrow. 

Same here 😮‍💨😮‍💨

Some distance fishing being done ?

2 hours ago, Highy said:

Anything through the Night?

Same here 😮‍💨😮‍💨

Some distance fishing being done ?

Yes mate, my only ticket is the reservoir. More often than not I don't use the boat once I'm in the swim, so nice to put one or two at distance. At 100 yds it's around 8-10ft, 120-40 yds it 12 -16 ft. 

I do need to get some pit reels, but everything seems to be breaking for me too.

Just had to get a loan for a new motor myself. Painful!

7 minutes ago, commonly said:

Yes mate, my only ticket is the reservoir. More often than not I don't use the boat once I'm in the swim, so nice to put one or two at distance. At 100 yds it's around 8-10ft, 120-40 yds it 12 -16 ft. 

I do need to get some pit reels, but everything seems to be breaking for me too.

Just had to get a loan for a new motor myself. Painful!

Oooo, not done much distance fishing myself....

I'm on the Bike, until the near future 🤣🤣

33 minutes ago, Highy said:

Oooo, not done much distance fishing myself....

I'm on the Bike, until the near future 🤣🤣

6 and a bit will do for me today. The over half a year blank is over 🤯🎉🎉IMG_20230513_112725.thumb.jpg.08eebf8611b6f1adfd8c3a5600e7d70d.jpg

They were literally ripping it out of me for hours this morning, topping, fizzing and making me think my rigs were broken etc etc etc. When finally it went into meltdown and tore through a good few pads along the way, I'm off the mark, come on the carps, bloke next door had a 32lber this morning that was a lovely fish I want one of those next please 🙏

44 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

6 and a bit will do for me today. The over half a year blank is over 🤯🎉🎉IMG_20230513_112725.thumb.jpg.08eebf8611b6f1adfd8c3a5600e7d70d.jpg

They were literally ripping it out of me for hours this morning, topping, fizzing and making me think my rigs were broken etc etc etc. When finally it went into meltdown and tore through a good few pads along the way, I'm off the mark, come on the carps, bloke next door had a 32lber this morning that was a lovely fish I want one of those next please 🙏

Sounds promising Elmo looks like you got the location spot on and another 24 hours to go.

Nice pic  👍

On 11/05/2023 at 16:55, elmoputney said:

16838203450288528136614895960516.thumb.jpg.90b69fdfb73396715aa529be813cc3f9.jpgIt's the final countdown to the final weekend on this place, I have been granted a rare 2 nighter and I plan to make the most of it, the only preconceived idea I have is I'm going to make it a banquet for them, got loads of pellets, loadsa boilies and some particles and I'm gonna use it, 😂

It would be interesting to know peoples preferred baiting strategies as I’ve always found the thought of fishing on big baited areas hard to get my head around, no doubt it works and the results are there to see, but I’m happy to go on a 48hour with a couple kilo of boilie some pellet and a few tins of corn. Even when I track down fish and I know I’m on them I’d still chose to put a couple of hand fulls of bait on them after each capture. I suppose thats one of the attractions of carp fishing. Two people could go on a lake use total different tactics and still have good results. 

9 hours ago, Its-grim-up-north said:

It would be interesting to know peoples preferred baiting strategies as I’ve always found the thought of fishing on big baited areas hard to get my head around, no doubt it works and the results are there to see, but I’m happy to go on a 48hour with a couple kilo of boilie some pellet and a few tins of corn. Even when I track down fish and I know I’m on them I’d still chose to put a couple of hand fulls of bait on them after each capture. I suppose thats one of the attractions of carp fishing. Two people could go on a lake use total different tactics and still have good results. 

If it helps i don't think I've got it that right lol. I managed to foul hook a mid 20 mirror last night sadly (got it in, treated it and went away fine) but it was Emptying out my bait on the mat so it must have been troughing, my main spot that's seen a lot of bait seems devoid of fish at present managed to sneak this one out the margins though using only a couple of handfuls 😎

only a bubba but quite a nice bubba. IMG_20230514_084854.thumb.jpg.f8ec4d91d7be3e0957d63d33a2342020.jpg

It feels pretty weird this being my last morning on here, I've had some glorious highs and some quite big lows tbh, it is far from complete but that's OK, I can always come back another year, for now I need a change. 

It's not the end Rodney just Bonjour. 

16 hours ago, elmoputney said:

They taunted me all afternoon, I may have overdone the baiting, but I guess the Rudd will have done some damage, hopefully we can nick one overnight or in the morning though. 

Did any more come Elmo ?

15 hours ago, Its-grim-up-north said:

I've only ever done a BIG BAITING once, and luckily it paid off BIG TIME, nothing massive, but about 21 carp in 24hrs.

Now I fish little n often, like match man style.

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

If it helps i don't think I've got it that right lol. I managed to foul hook a mid 20 mirror last night sadly (got it in, treated it and went away fine) but it was Emptying out my bait on the mat so it must have been troughing, my main spot that's seen a lot of bait seems devoid of fish at present managed to sneak this one out the margins though using only a couple of handfuls 😎

only a bubba but quite a nice bubba. IMG_20230514_084854.thumb.jpg.f8ec4d91d7be3e0957d63d33a2342020.jpg

It feels pretty weird this being my last morning on here, I've had some glorious highs and some quite big lows tbh, it is far from complete but that's OK, I can always come back another year, for now I need a change. 

Well Dome Elmo

On 12/05/2023 at 10:23, B B said:

I got the afternoon off so I’m off at 12 to fish to early evening. 

When i was fishing I asked a guy who a syndicate member of the lake nx door how was it  fishing and he said they had a a tragedy on the lake the day before a angler had a fit fell into the lake and drowned, he was 27 years old and left a wife and two young children.

So sad. 

5 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Lovely dark one mate well done.

5 hours ago, B B said:

And if you do go back they will be bigger 👍

I got all emotional when I left😳, I've asked for a couple more days to think about it but I think I am giving it one more year the fish are growing nicely too, when I left it was empty and all I could hear was the birds and the knobby geese, but it reminded me why I like being there so much, what I decided was that I have been fishing like a noddy for the last 2 years, I'm giving up tech not the lake I think 🤣

Everything that usually goes wrong is because of tech yesterday i checked my spots with a lead, and cast all fine, the only times things went wrong were when i used the boat,also the accuracy annoys me, I got all my line caught in the prop. I got carried away with the 3kg payload and the deeper seems to be a bit tory and makes up lies too. And I am going to try this using less bait business although I may use the boat for prebaiting and spot clearing because it's easier than spombing large amounts 😂

11 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I've just decided I am going to rejoin next year, have paid and have decided to just fish better with spawning coming up will give me some time to remap some of less familiar/popular swims and create some spots in the weed ready for more night mode stealth ops 😎😂

Well from what you've written , Elmo you've made a great decision ; your post  reads that the lake is your happy place which to me is very important in stressful times .

Interesting what you say about the Deeper - I've " found " some interesting spots with the Deeper , but can I then find the flipping spots with a marker set up afterwards to cast to ? - can I hell 😢.

10 hours ago, crusian said:

Well from what you've written , Elmo you've made a great decision ; your post  reads that the lake is your happy place which to me is very important in stressful times .

Interesting what you say about the Deeper - I've " found " some interesting spots with the Deeper , but can I then find the flipping spots with a marker set up afterwards to cast to ? - can I hell 😢.

Yeah the same as me lol I once found this hump in a swim on the Deeper where it was about 2ft shallower,I thought that would be perfect to set a trap, I've never found it with a lead and I can't find it with the Deeper anymore either. I will try and upload some screenshots to highlight what I mean when I can