Back to pastures old

elmoputney

8 minutes ago, finchey said:

Stunning fish elmo,  good angling mate. 😁👍🎣

Thanks, I think I must be learning something as I probably would've sat it out and hoped before, I had spent all night kicking myself tbh because I chose to go against what I saw, in favour of a going swim which had done a couple of bites at the weekend 😳

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Right I've got the car loaded finish work at 2 straight to the lake for an overnighter, think I may have overdone the bait tipped a 5kg bag of bio dumbells into a bucket added a few scoops of pellet, my main baiting tools are a hand of god bait spoon on a net handle, throwing stick, catapult or airbomb, left the toy boat at home again, just got to hope they don't decide to spawn today now, and hope it isn't too busy but at some point they will be getting a feed 😂

It's been too long since I've caught one so come on the carps let me join in on a catch report for once 🙏🙏🙏

46 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

Good luck on the overnighter mate, I’m off out on an overnighter tonight too. Straight from work

Good luck, I am a bag of nervous energy this morning, haven't been sleeping that well this week as its earlies and add fishing to the mix and I didn't sleep well again I just want to get work done so I can get there I just hope I can choose a swim I want to be in this time 🙄

Omg glad I got here when i did rammed now but I managed to get a decent swim probably my first choice tbh, (old faithful) what made it even better, within minutes of pulting out some bait I started seeing patches of fizzing in the area,3 shows and a few small rolls and stuff I had to wait to get my middle rod out til I thought they had moved off, then a bit later I did, good job because within half hour it had ripped off stripping line like it really wanted to get away , and I didn't want that as the pads are back up to the surface now, but I held on gave as little as I could and eventually after taking out both my other rods I netted it, 18lb mirror nice to be in a swim with a chance again, I'd sorted all the rods out again for about 10 mins I went to a fancy wafter combi rig with an 18mm wafter struck into a lifting bobbin but catching a 6oz rudd and it blunting the hook meant I went back to a Ronnie, so it's a ronnie on all 3 one match the hatch one tangee peach and one KLS,

KLS 1 other pop ups 0

I'm being greedy I want another one now come on the carps  🙏

Good luck ouch and anyone else out 🤞

26 minutes ago, Its-grim-up-north said:

My fingers and toes are crossed for you mate, and good angling for the catch 

It's funny earlier I was just thinking I'll be disappointed if I don't catch one tonight then the rod ripped off straight away 🙏

Been trying ever since but it appears broken now 😂

14 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Omg glad I got here when i did rammed now but I managed to get a decent swim probably my first choice tbh, (old faithful) what made it even better, within minutes of pulting out some bait I started seeing patches of fizzing in the area,3 shows and a few small rolls and stuff I had to wait to get my middle rod out til I thought they had moved off, then a bit later I did, good job because within half hour it had ripped off stripping line like it really wanted to get away , and I didn't want that as the pads are back up to the surface now, but I held on gave as little as I could and eventually after taking out both my other rods I netted it, 18lb mirror nice to be in a swim with a chance again, I'd sorted all the rods out again for about 10 mins I went to a fancy wafter combi rig with an 18mm wafter struck into a lifting bobbin but catching a 6oz rudd and it blunting the hook meant I went back to a Ronnie, so it's a ronnie on all 3 one match the hatch one tangee peach and one KLS,

KLS 1 other pop ups 0

I'm being greedy I want another one now come on the carps  🙏

Good luck ouch and anyone else out 🤞

Get in....Any pic Elmo ?...

• 2 months later...

Got Out with the littlest one tonight, got the new bivvy fox eos tt not bad it's pretty massive though, 

The weed is floor to ceiling all over  ithe gaff I've only got two rods out, it's been a long tiring day, got one on my usual banker spot still went down with a thud, line lay has suffered a bit thanks to the weed between , but  me and the girl did some raking and just cleared a margin spot for the other rod, worth a go 

That's last nights update this is today's 

Had a screamer in the night, ran out in just my pants forgetting my headtorch and glasses, little un fast asleep, thought I must have been jesus or something when I managed to net it after a tough old battle couldn't see a lot 😳, a nice 20lb+ mirror foul hooked in the side, propolised and put back, that was a shame because it was a nice looking one but hey ho, I'm only cheating myself otherwise, this morning after being forced to cook bacon at 6 30am, I switched to a wafter on the freshly raked spot, within minutes it was away, only to discover it was the mankiest looking tench I've ever seen, one sunken missing eye and white scummy bits on it treated and returned it, then we got the okuma vibe out and caught some lovely little rudd and a short while after that had grown wearisome, my other rod went into meltdown on a tight clutch before the alarm had even began I had picked it up, but alas it had weeded me up, tried for a bit then put it down as it wasn't moving, and thought I'll use the big boat this time lol, got it in the water one foot in and it was away, and before I know it I am in the drink with my kid laughing at me 🤣 after a few goes I secure the boat and manage to get out the water and back in it, by this time its letting water in or it was dripping off me, but I get out to the pads eventually and managed to get my rig back minus a fish, by that time it was decided we were going to stay and do another night, Ive got no spare pants after an oversight trying to get everything ready, so on with the other shorts, tidy up the bombsite and we're off to morrisons with a mcd chaser, it was morrisons when it started to feel hot, then the air con of mcds felt nice, we went posh and ate in, came out and it was roasting, got back thought about having a nap, but it was getting hotter by the minute and with the prospect of the sun facing us for the next few hours, I was pleased when she said, "I think we should go home. She let me rest for a whole minute before I had to pack up everything, no more action and we are home, 

We had a lovely time though some good laughs and it was great to spend the night out with the littlun, she more or less behaved too, which was nice 😂

6 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Got Out with the littlest one tonight, got the new bivvy fox eos tt not bad it's pretty massive though, 

The weed is floor to ceiling all over  ithe gaff I've only got two rods out, it's been a long tiring day, got one on my usual banker spot still went down with a thud, line lay has suffered a bit thanks to the weed between , but  me and the girl did some raking and just cleared a margin spot for the other rod, worth a go 

That's last nights update this is today's 

Had a screamer in the night, ran out in just my pants forgetting my headtorch and glasses, little un fast asleep, thought I must have been jesus or something when I managed to net it after a tough old battle couldn't see a lot 😳, a nice 20lb+ mirror foul hooked in the side, propolised and put back, that was a shame because it was a nice looking one but hey ho, I'm only cheating myself otherwise, this morning after being forced to cook bacon at 6 30am, I switched to a wafter on the freshly raked spot, within minutes it was away, only to discover it was the mankiest looking tench I've ever seen, one sunken missing eye and white scummy bits on it treated and returned it, then we got the okuma vibe out and caught some lovely little rudd and a short while after that had grown wearisome, my other rod went into meltdown on a tight clutch before the alarm had even began I had picked it up, but alas it had weeded me up, tried for a bit then put it down as it wasn't moving, and thought I'll use the big boat this time lol, got it in the water one foot in and it was away, and before I know it I am in the drink with my kid laughing at me 🤣 after a few goes I secure the boat and manage to get out the water and back in it, by this time its letting water in or it was dripping off me, but I get out to the pads eventually and managed to get my rig back minus a fish, by that time it was decided we were going to stay and do another night, Ive got no spare pants after an oversight trying to get everything ready, so on with the other shorts, tidy up the bombsite and we're off to morrisons with a mcd chaser, it was morrisons when it started to feel hot, then the air con of mcds felt nice, we went posh and ate in, came out and it was roasting, got back thought about having a nap, but it was getting hotter by the minute and with the prospect of the sun facing us for the next few hours, I was pleased when she said, "I think we should go home. She let me rest for a whole minute before I had to pack up everything, no more action and we are home, 

We had a lovely time though some good laughs and it was great to spend the night out with the littlun, she more or less behaved too, which was nice 😂

You caught some lovely memories there Elmo, nice write up 👍

16 hours ago, B B said:

You caught some lovely memories there Elmo, nice write up 👍

Yeah fishing wasn't ever top priority really, it was nice to just spend some time with the littlun having fun, and showing her some of the good things of fishing, she enjoyed the food and being a bit slobby,the misty morning  and particularly enjoyed reminiscing about my falling in incedent today, when I was telling some of the parents at brownie camp pick up,

And the rudd fishing was exceptional sport, I might start taking the whip with me now, the maggots always put me off because I thought I needed them and never had them, but with hookable pellets I got a strong rudd game and a big rudd must be swimming about in there somewhere 😎

Still having nightmares about that tench though, was really offensive looking, which was a shame because it was the blackest tench I've ever caught

Edited by elmoputney

• 8 months later...

Time for a little update lol,. Basically since last year I've been blanking my ass off. Been tough to get in the "going swims"  so I've decided I am just gonna do my own thing this year, nothing revolutionary, I'm going to just use boilies again and try and Trickle them in whenever I can in various quiet areas, I've been faffing with particles and other bits and bobs for too long. My plan is literally going to be a mix of whole and halved boilies, if I am using the boat Im going to drop a few whole baits but mainly chops so they spread a bit further and hopefully they will flutter down and settle over any weed or anything rather than just sinking into it, then spread some wider around the area to get them moving between mouthfuls, then 3 well placed Ronnie's on heli safes should be pretty robust wherever they fall and I will catch one maybe 😂 simple but I have confidence in it. 

That's the plan I'm doing a late night after work tomorrow and I am going to try to visit on the way to work to see who's where and try and Trickle a bit in if I can but only if I get my chores done and the car loaded in time 🙄

Wish me luck, 

35 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Well my car is loaded just got to do the shopping and you work thing now. Bit tempted by a sneaky half day not gonna lie 

Go on..why not, just take the 1 rod a mat and net small bag, no need for a chair you can use the mat to sit on… but that’s going to get wet when you get a biggie tho 🤔

36 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Well my car is loaded just got to do the shopping and you work thing now. Bit tempted by a sneaky half day not gonna lie 

Just now, B B said:

Go on..why not, just take the 1 rod a mat and net small bag, no need for a chair you can use the mat to sit on… but that’s going to get wet when you get a biggie tho 🤔

What I would give to be on my way now after work....pay day = shopping day, bill day, training day 😪😪😪.

54 minutes ago, Highy said:

What I would give to be on my way now after work....pay day = shopping day, bill day, training day 😪😪😪.

56 minutes ago, B B said:

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

AND GUESS WHAT 😀😀....mine is loaded....

Wife finish work early, doesn't feel great....tell you what, I'll give you some quiet time....

Car loaded, wait for mad home from school....me lad n dog out until Dark 🎣  🎣 🎣