Back to pastures old

elmoputney

Well apart from having a nice couple of days, I didn't catch anything, what did I learn, not a lot really,there is a lot of low lying weed so chods or zigs were probably the ones probably zigs for the conditions tbh, my reels sound like they are dying, I don't think the fish were anywhere near where I thought and are probably hiding out beyond the flooded area,behind the islands they have a lot of hiding places at present even more so than usual, I tried but I think I've possibly started something to continue with so well call it a stepping stone session, was nice to be out though, even though I had to change from thermals to shorts and t shirt today 😁

11 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Well apart from having a nice couple of days, I didn't catch anything, what did I learn, not a lot really,there is a lot of low lying weed so chods or zigs were probably the ones probably zigs for the conditions tbh, my reels sound like they are dying, I don't think the fish were anywhere near where I thought and are probably hiding out beyond the flooded area,behind the islands they have a lot of hiding places at present even more so than usual, I tried but I think I've possibly started something to continue with so well call it a stepping stone session, was nice to be out though, even though I had to change from thermals to shorts and t shirt today 😁

At least it’s a plan elmo I’m struggling at the moment I think the otter has had an impact on the water even just trying to find them is hard work I think they’re in towards the middle section of the lake but the other members haven’t caught either other than 2 bream the weed is even worse this yr 

13 hours ago, B B said:

Well I’m allowed to go over the border to fish at last so Oxford here we come, we are booked on Oxlease at Linear for a 48 hr trip 23-25th of this month ... let’s hope it warms up a bit.  🙏

Good luck BB, It took me ages to realise you had changed your name 😁I kept thinking who's this new person 😳

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Just got fork lift refresher training to get through today,I won't be focusing on flt safety, car is loaded straight there after work, I have got a stomach bug type thing though,feel a bit dodge today, I'm hoping that passes before hometime fishing seems more important today 😂

Should be done in 2hrs Elmo, (good drivers are) 😂😂, don't forget your pre start check either 😂😂

Get plenty water down you pal 👍

Edited by Highy

Well the night time passed uneventfully, thus far the morning has also passed uneventfully, 

I just dropped a scoops worth of my mix in the margins and apart from the few whole boilies the rudd pretty much destroyed it in 5 minutes do we think those pesky little monkeys will be doing the same in about 10ft of water out in the pond ? I kind of think they might be, I've done about 8 airbombs on each spot which mean there is probably only 30 whole boilies left on each spot, and as I'm fishing Chods the tench and bream may had those without me even noticing, I'm starting to think crumb might be a waste of time on here, 

I will have a little top up in a bit, but im sure the bloke fishing over the other side. Must think I am overbaiting noddy 😂 I do often think all other anglers just think I am a noddy anyway lol I usually agree but you have to try  😂

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Well the night time passed uneventfully, thus far the morning has also passed uneventfully, 

I just dropped a scoops worth of my mix in the margins and apart from the few whole boilies the rudd pretty much destroyed it in 5 minutes do we think those pesky little monkeys will be doing the same in about 10ft of water out in the pond ? I kind of think they might be, I've done about 8 airbombs on each spot which mean there is probably only 30 whole boilies left on each spot, and as I'm fishing Chods the tench and bream may had those without me even noticing, I'm starting to think crumb might be a waste of time on here, 

I will have a little top up in a bit, but im sure the bloke fishing over the other side. Must think I am overbaiting noddy 😂 I do often think all other anglers just think I am a noddy anyway lol I usually agree but you have to try  😂

Elmo defo not a over baiting noddy, your a thinking angler mate with a plan 👍 if the sliver fish are active the carp will eventually come along to have a look it’s in there nature 

41 minutes ago, B B said:

Elmo defo not a over baiting noddy, your a thinking angler mate with a plan 👍 if the sliver fish are active the carp will eventually come along to have a look it’s in there nature 

The plan hasn't worked yet lol, just the rods left to pack up now, i am a little surprised nothing is happening yet with the carp,I've been prepping this spot for a few weeks now and it always looks bang on but I'm never convinced they are turning up, will keep going but might start a plan B 😂

Well I got the nod today and I’m in a syndicate for the first time ever. I can’t fish till June tho. Back to pastures old is appropriate as I first fished there when I was 10 so a lot of fish has past under the bridge since then. There was only scrapyards and waste ground then and now hotels and luxurious flats abound it’s very urban fishing. 
Going to be a Challenge and I’m looking forward to it. 

10 hours ago, B B said:

Well I got the nod today and I’m in a syndicate for the first time ever. I can’t fish till June tho. Back to pastures old is appropriate as I first fished there when I was 10 so a lot of fish has past under the bridge since then. There was only scrapyards and waste ground then and now hotels and luxurious flats abound it’s very urban fishing. 
Going to be a Challenge and I’m looking forward to it. 

Good luck with that BB, hope you enjoy it 👍

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, B B said:

Well since the glorious 16th iv had the marker rod out over the dock most early evenings after work found some clean spots but the weed is growing like Japanese knot weed on steroids. Here’s some pics from both ends 

A0C6AE31-D46F-486A-8C40-51F126909C3A.jpeg

4837B50A-65CF-41B5-8A44-64970AFDDC86.jpeg

The wharf gets like that mate I fished it for 7 yrs when it was free go down outside the council office to the right of the steps about a rod length maybe a rod an half it should be clear also by the gate the first post there should be a tiny spot dinner plate size   Over the rats is a sand spot or if the pipe is emptying out from the steelworks you will have the common hope this is of some help

• 1 month later...

Got some new bait today 20kg of a new test bait from Retrobaits, I had a chat with Nick Burrage and quite fancied trying this one, it's caught some nice fish already and should work well for my autumn campaign, got it in big dumbells, to match my big pellets which are nearly bream proof 😅😁

Not quite sure it will all go in the freezer yet 😂

IMG_20210819_135752.thumb.jpg.968d082dd0252e486e4431997b8dc019.jpg

1629378627206780369051326204417.jpg

Today has arrived buzzing like an old fridge to get out fishing just to do the usual peacekeeping stuff and get my kit sorted, bait is prepped and ready, walk the dogs load the car and try and find some fishies to catch and avoid the rainy spells 

Got loads of new stuff I've never used though my 6m baiting pole I want to put into action, new bait, new liquid, new buzzbar, new tacklebox, might as well stay at home 😳 naaaaah 😎

34 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Today has arrived buzzing like an old fridge to get out fishing just to do the usual peacekeeping stuff and get my kit sorted, bait is prepped and ready, walk the dogs load the car and try and find some fishies to catch and avoid the rainy spells 

Got loads of new stuff I've never used though my 6m baiting pole I want to put into action, new bait, new liquid, new buzzbar, new tacklebox, might as well stay at home 😳 naaaaah 😎

Wish I was out.... Worked yesterday n working today.... Its a last minute request from the boss.... So I said I'd work Saturday for Double n Sunday for triple... He's said do it.... £26 P/H for Saturday... £39 P/H for Sunday.... Winner winner.... 

12 hours ago, Highy said:

Wish I was out.... Worked yesterday n working today.... Its a last minute request from the boss.... So I said I'd work Saturday for Double n Sunday for triple... He's said do it.... £26 P/H for Saturday... £39 P/H for Sunday.... Winner winner.... 

Can't argue with that, well worth doing,  I can't help feeling I've effed it right up, I'll either catch one or blank my ass off, I've done a lot of airbombing 😳 can't do a lot else for now, 

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Owt doing Elmo? 

Only when I moved at sunrise 😅

5 mins in the right spot,I knew I could sit there and blank or move and try and literally 5 mins after moving, I hooked into a 21lb near fully beaut taken from under a rod length out cos of a 9ft wall of weed across the lake 👍

It caused a bit of a kerfuffle though think the chance for more may have gone now,

Edit hang on there're was more  fizzing might be yet come on the carp