Back to pastures old

elmoputney

Finally got permission for a quick overnighter tonight it's been a tough couple of days negotiations but will be doing a quick in and out with bait up, and home for breakfast going to use the brolly bareback with no groundsheet, no need for food and stuff minimal for me anyway, got the rods set up having stripped some line off bosh bosh bosh bait up and crack a beer and hope the carp are playing ball tonight, steak and chips for dinner first then hit the road, in theory it's all gravy let's hope there are no spanners in the works 😁

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Finally got permission for a quick overnighter tonight it's been a tough couple of days negotiations but will be doing a quick in and out with bait up, and home for breakfast going to use the brolly bareback with no groundsheet, no need for food and stuff minimal for me anyway, got the rods set up having stripped some line off bosh bosh bosh bait up and crack a beer and hope the carp are playing ball tonight, steak and chips for dinner first then hit the road, in theory it's all gravy let's hope there are no spanners in the works 😁

Tight lines , Elmo , don't fade away from hunger 😁

20 hours ago, commonly said:

Good angling geez!

You made it happen, well done

8 hours ago, Big Bass said:

All the hard work paying off 👍

Cheers guys I still dont think the work is done yet, must keep going and hope there is more to come, 

I think i need to slow the nuisance species down this week, it's time to feed the carp more 

I'm thinking oil the pellets to fill them up quicker , some Tigers and more 18mm boilies, and maybe save the pigeon food for when I need there to be food on the spot for longer, 

I didn't use mozzie mesh or any repellant this Saturday I thought it seemed mozzie quiet when I got there 💭🤔 today I am starting to find I am quite itchy and seemed to have been bitten quite a bit, little foccacias they are always there 😕

I did enjoy the minimalist approach though of no groundsheet or mozzie front, I found packing up was loads quicker as I didn't have everything out it just stayed in my Rucksack until needed, going to try and thin out the Rucksack next 😬

Last night I set myself a challenge to make a simple pop up rig that can be used with a mesh bag, and also be used low and still be fairly stiff, I've also gone off putty as something seems to bee eating it, a couple of times now it's been gone in the morning when I've reeled in 😢 

Hydrolink is great stuff, you can overcome so many things with it, for simple hinge rigs it's perfect, 

I found I could make a nice simple rig with stiff rig hooks, chod hooks, curve shank and trig hammers, and it's completely height adjustable easily, 

My phone camera is cracked so apologies for the pic 📸😅IMG_20200825_100730.thumb.jpg.738f89c4c734fc61399f0f8b712fe5d1.jpg

9 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Last night I set myself a challenge to make a simple pop up rig that can be used with a mesh bag, and also be used low and still be fairly stiff, I've also gone off putty as something seems to bee eating it, a couple of times now it's been gone in the morning when I've reeled in 😢 

Hydrolink is great stuff, you can overcome so many things with it, for simple hinge rigs it's perfect, 

I found I could make a nice simple rig with stiff rig hooks, chod hooks, curve shank and trig hammers, and it's completely height adjustable easily, 

My phone camera is cracked so apologies for the pic 📸😅IMG_20200825_100730.thumb.jpg.738f89c4c734fc61399f0f8b712fe5d1.jpg

Iv had the same problem now and then with the putty .... could be crayfish ??  I don’t use a spilt shot I find they ping off when passing the hook length through the pva even when I make a little split don’t happen all the time but annoying. I use these now they grip much better in a BB 

BB8257DD-BE92-4B16-8F79-8E1B2C619C30.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Big Bass said:

Iv had the same problem now and then with the putty .... could be crayfish ??  I don’t use a spilt shot I find they ping off when passing the hook length through the pva even when I make a little split don’t happen all the time but annoying. I use these now they grip much better in a BB 

BB8257DD-BE92-4B16-8F79-8E1B2C619C30.jpeg

Thanks for that I may look into those, you did remind me I bought a load of tungsten sinkers for another one of my little projects ha ha, I might have a play with those tonight 😂

There is no I in team 😉

Well the tungsten sinkers project was short lived, they worked on trimmed pop ups but not the whole thing 😁

I have just done something very satisfying though I've cleaned out my tackle box, I didn't realise just how many packets of toot I had accumulated, my at home tackle box is quite full, but for now the one I take with me is lovely and organised 😍

We I am now kicking myself for not pre-baiting Tuesday, I went yesterday but someone was fishing locally so couldn't drop the bombs I wanted too, hopefully he will be off today and I may have some extra time before work due to the fam going out 😁, so I am taking the marker rod for a chuck about see if I can't find something new to work on also, 👍

22 minutes ago, yonny said:

Always pays to have a plan B buddy.

I agree, I'm all about creating the brand now 😁I've sunk into a little rabbit hole again 😂🐰 I realised my pre baiting could've been much more effective, I'm not going to go into too many details as for once I want to keep it under my hat a little 🎩 but going forward it will be hopefully much more effective 😁

4 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I realised my pre baiting could've been much more effective

Mine isn't going as well as I'd hoped. We're still seeing serious issues with algae, the fish aint acting themselves. Despite that the naturals have exploded this year (last week I bought 17 x caddis back on one hook bait 😲). There's too many tench/bream to bait with naturals so that's out of the question. I'm putting hardly any boilie in my mix as I'm not convinced my spot is being visited with any regularity and I don't want the spot going sour. Instead I'm just putting bits in that can be cleared up by anything. Conditions are improving which will help no end but the weeks are ticking by and my campaign will be over before I know it.

Such is life. Must try harder.

37 minutes ago, yonny said:

Mine isn't going as well as I'd hoped. We're still seeing serious issues with algae, the fish aint acting themselves. Despite that the naturals have exploded this year (last week I bought 17 x caddis back on one hook bait 😲). There's too many tench/bream to bait with naturals so that's out of the question. I'm putting hardly any boilie in my mix as I'm not convinced my spot is being visited with any regularity and I don't want the spot going sour. Instead I'm just putting bits in that can be cleared up by anything. Conditions are improving which will help no end but the weeks are ticking by and my campaign will be over before I know it.

Such is life. Must try harder.

I think that in hindsight I should've done things better and differently, I've been regularly getting bait on the spots and I'm pretty certain it's all being eaten but I'm not convinced it's been getting seen enough by the carp, we will see time will tell and all that, but we just got to hope some good fortune swings In our favour soon mate, I'm sure it will stay positive 👍