Back to pastures old

elmoputney

1 minute ago, crusian said:

Elmo , the 2nd photo , my Wife wants to know " does he look at his Wife like that ? " .

Oh , also my Wife thinks you look a little like Ross Kemp .

😁

I got some comments on that photo from some of the school mums on fb saying I look like I am holding my first born 😂 Mrs P laughed when I said that to her just now, I took that as I always do 😏

I've been called a lot worse so I will take ross Kemp 😊

welcome to elmo's deadliest gangs, 

These may look like an ordinary chess club, but they are selling pawn to knights kings and bishops, I've infiltrated them to see what is really going on 

images.jpeg.2715bcaecda4e490b7e66c40279785e1.jpeg

IMG_20200527_195906.thumb.jpg.0ff2d24f87a08b45295a01f0fde686d3.jpg

Looking like the best 7 quid I've spent, too many mozzie idiots around tonight, it's been another day of go slow elmo tbh, I've seen a couple of backs over my baited spot,and some bubbles very weedy so I've cleared it a bit with a grippa lead, few liners have a feeling I may catch a bream tonight lots of twitchy line bites so far, 

I've had a moorhen all over me today has been in the bivvy and all sorts, 

Time for a cider and dinner I think 

3 hours ago, finchey said:

Good angling elmo.😁👍🎣

Nothing else in the night, very tenchy this morning tbough had 2 since sunrise, 

All 3 fish have been Shortly after casting out a fresh bag, I noticed this last week too, it definitely seems to pay regularly rechucking them 

I'd been sitting deliriously with only one rod out due to another tench, so I set another one up recast it, let the line settle, then the bobbin went right up to the butt lifted it up didn't feel anything Initially then boom thought it was a tench but as it got closer I thought that's no tench, it hit the surface and came off, a little jack pike had a hold of the leader, 

I am now back down to one rod and trying to get motivated to pack up 😂

20 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

1558368415_27LB3OZVIRGINIACOMMON.thumb.JPG.4dd0e1ea1073b04128f854849d942543.JPG

Well this was my PB for 8 hours or so 

but then this one arrived 

2057096293_28LB4OZVIRGINIAMIRROR.thumb.JPG.5ada2ce42c8ee3997411fbc57e975fd1.JPG559396905_28LB4OZVIRGINIAMIRROROTHERSIDE.thumb.JPG.f1a95bbadfe3391d5df8ffceae93e3dd.JPG

I really struggled through last year but kept learning and learning, but now all those struggles have been worth it 

Happy Days 

Well they are both lovely looking specimens elmo, well in mate. 😁👍🎣

55 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

They only get bigger from here on going forward, you will soon be chasing 40lb fish, just enjoy the scraper 20's along the way. 

We shall see there are lots of nice ones to go for still in there, just nice to be catching, I still think a 20 is a big fish I just want to try and be consistent now and keep catching hopefully get a 30 whilst I'm at it, 😁

27 minutes ago, finchey said:

All yours  mate enjoy the moment. 😁👍🎣

Thanks, I am quite happy today 😁 hopefully your turn will Come soon 👍

42 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

We shall see there are lots of nice ones to go for still in there, just nice to be catching, I still think a 20 is a big fish I just want to try and be consistent now and keep catching hopefully get a 30 whilst I'm at it, 😁

Thanks, I am quite happy today 😁 hopefully your turn will Come soon 👍

Hopefully I'm fishing Monday but my club are still not allowing nights on there waters, so it's a day session only for me but I will make it a long one. I'm going to take my surface gear and have a go for them off the top, I've not caught one of the top for years. Should be fun and make a change. 🙂👍🎣

2 hours ago, finchey said:

Hopefully I'm fishing Monday but my club are still not allowing nights on there waters, so it's a day session only for me but I will make it a long one. I'm going to take my surface gear and have a go for them off the top, I've not caught one of the top for years. Should be fun and make a change. 🙂👍🎣

No me either I used to love it years ago haven't done it for ages, I keep meaning to buy a floater line but always forget 😁 good luck