Coronavirus...Nooooo

B B

Rob Hughes going live on facebook tonight 7pm the great debate to angle or not to angle, just thought i'd share so you can all get giddy later and fire some questions at him, seen him out fishing once he is a tall dude, very pleasant too. 

Jeez that came out big, rob has a awesome presence even in HTML code 

I’m still having to work atm. It is what it is I suppose. Just a side note my local is in the middle of nowhere and I mean nowhere but I still ain’t going to fish. At times like these what people want to do and what’s best for the greater good really shouldn’t be a question. 

28 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Rob Hughes going live on facebook tonight 7pm the great debate to angle or not to angle, just thought i'd share so you can all get giddy later and fire some questions at him, seen him out fishing once he is a tall dude, very pleasant too. 

Jeez that came out big, rob has a awesome presence even in HTML code 

To be perfectly honest there is NO debate to be made and I do hope he doesn't suggest otherwise .

As much as we all love our fishing it is not classed as essential so you cannot go .

Essential travel only , purchase food , medicine and work if you really have to .

Rules are rules so he can give his opinion but that does not change rules/law .

We need fishing to been shown in a good light by the general public not a bunch of (insert your own words)

27 minutes ago, oscsha said:

To be perfectly honest there is NO debate to be made and I do hope he doesn't suggest otherwise .

As much as we all love our fishing it is not classed as essential so you cannot go .

Essential travel only , purchase food , medicine and work if you really have to .

Rules are rules so he can give his opinion but that does not change rules/law .

We need fishing to been shown in a good light by the general public not a bunch of (insert your own words)

Totally agree.  

1 hour ago, snowmanstevo said:

I’m still having to work atm. It is what it is I suppose. Just a side note my local is in the middle of nowhere and I mean nowhere but I still ain’t going to fish. At times like these what people want to do and what’s best for the greater good really shouldn’t be a question. 

Surely you should be on the vulnerable list due to your previous health condition mate. 

Take care mate. 

8 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

Surely you should be on the vulnerable list due to your previous health condition mate. 

Take care mate. 

Thanks mate,and I am to a certain extend but I’m not part of the 1.5m who are at risk and my job is impossible to do from home so work it is......... for now at least.

I'll be honest my anxiety has been through the roof the last couple of days. 

Didn't make it any better when I found out one of my mates has it today. 

Went proper panicky for about half an hour with really bad chest pains. 

Hate feeling like this, think I need to start doing something to take my mind off things but it's hard to occupy the brain when you are stuck indoors all day. 

40 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

Hate feeling like this, think I need to start doing something to take my mind off things but it's hard to occupy the brain when you are stuck indoors all day. 

I count myself lucky I can lose myself in a book take my mind of things when your head gos in overdrive 

Hang in there mate. 👍

1 hour ago, muftyboy said:

I have been similar too for about a week, I'm still at work, was anxious, got angry with everything for a while, emailed my boss about why we shouldnt be here, still at work but calming down a bit now, accepting I have to be here,  I don't want to because I can't control who comes and goes or what they bring with them but I can clean everything down, stay as safe as possible wash my hands and tell people to get the eff away, and pretend it's for social distancing purposes 😁😁😁

But like Steve I am now in the hands of Boris waiting for the shutdown to come, until then I have to work unfortunately, otherwise I am staying safe as I can 

The only trick I have for helping to calm me down when I am anxious is to run my wrist vein side up under a cold  tap, after a little while it seems to cool you right down, I swear by it tbh 

9 hours ago, yonny said:

Do the minority of perfectly healthy people not count then Nick?

Seriously mate. People are dying every hour. The NHS WILL be overwhelmed. We ALL need to do whatever we can to stop this.

Yonny,

I agree the NHS will be overwhelmed, but because of previous mismanagement, and our insistence on using A&E as a walk-in treatment centre, because we can't or couldn't get a GP doctor's appointment.

The call for 250,000 retired staff, that has received 400,000 replies, that number of FRONTLINE staff should still have been working for the NHS, instead it was an excess number of administrators, managers and accountants who were kept on. Doctors and nurses weren't being trained, teaching grants and bursaries were stopped. Money was being spent on non essential services, or diverted into those.

Equipment that for years, that should have been available wasn't. There weren't enough stocks in storage, of face masks, of oxygen tents, ventilators. They hadn't been ordered, they weren't in warehouses or NHS storage distribution centres. Local hospital storage departments being closed down and used for other purposes. (An example of this is in Ipswich; St. Clements mental health hospital was closed down and moved to Woodlands in the grounds of the main Heath Road Hospital. Woodlands had been the storage centre for the hospital for extra equipment, for face masks, extra ventilators etc)

Every year since the Swine flu outbreak in 2009, the NHS was being overwhelmed between November to March, seasonal flu. 

Our insistence that every minor ailment, or minor symptoms needed to be treated at hospital.

Nurses and doctors left the service, they were fed up with being second class citizens, having to go through four managers to fight for equipment they wanted or needed.

Coronavirus is not giving the vast majority any symptoms worse than a common cold or flu, some do not even know they have it. No symptoms at all, or maybe just a slight cough. The symptoms are the same as flu, a temperature, feeling weak or aching, possible headache, possibly sneezing and coughing, real Man flu😖

Things that you know you have flu, but don't bother going to the doctor for, just buy Lemsip, paracetamol and ibuprofen and carry on, maybe taking a few days off work. Now every one of those symptoms is seen as having coronavirus, and is inundating the NHS 111 service.

It is a tiny minority who get anything worse. That tiny minority, yes, they should be treated, and yes at hospital. Yes, they should get oxygen, any treatment  they need, but most coronavirus sufferers can be treated and cared for at home, by relatives, family, as they should for flu. 

Strangely, this is what lockdown is achieving, going back to your household caring for you when you are ill. It is however skewing figures, how many ill at home people now are coronavirus or flu sufferers? We don't know, not everyone who is ill is being tested.

We are now doing, by Government decree what we should have been doing for years, helping our household, rebuilding family ties. Families or households are now going out as a unit, walking the dog and kicking a football along, cycling or running around the park together.

We also have another point, coronavirus deaths, yes, they are happening, to people with underlying conditions, and to people who have sadly contracted flu and coronavirus at the same time.  The cause of death or it being reported as down to coronavirus, yet it was a horrible fluke they had both.

Cases have been reported as down to coronavirus, no underlying health issues, yet as I mentioned a long way earlier in the thread, no mention is made of the 10 cigarettes he smokes every day. No mention of the croup that damaged the lungs when the child was between 3-15. No mention is made of the working environment or breathing in polluted air every day, that has damaged the lungs.

The projected figure by Scientist is 1,400 deaths in the UK will be directly attributable to coronavirus, that is, suffering from no illness other than coronavirus, no underlying health conditions. That is far less than the average each year from flu which can be as many as 17,000, even with the flu jab!

Worldwide every year, flu is responsible for between 250,000 to 650,000 deaths.

Is Lockdown effective? I still say no. We can still pick up coronavirus while doing our essential shopping. The person we don't know has coronavirus in the shop, who sneezed, up to 3 hours ago, and droplets in the air infect us.

The social distancing? An uncovered sneeze can travel 4metres, a cough for 3metres. You are not going to get coronavirus as you pass someone on the pavement, yet that is the impression the 'forcing' of social distancing is giving everyone. 

It has created another horrible side effect, people no longer even smile or talk as they pass in the street, whereas people who were total strangers would chat when they walked their dog. 

The speculated date that coronavirus came into the UK was 24th January, yet China only went into lockdown on the 20th January. Many, many travellers had travelled between China and UK from before December when the outbreak in China was identified and declared. Travellers who had gone across Europe, via France, Italy, Germany, the rest of Europe, or even into America, Australia.

Words fail me........... If you’ve ever had flu you’ll know that your wiped out for wks. Some people are in total denial about what is going on around us,it’s like they are too scare to face the facts that the S H I T  IS hitting the fan.