Coronavirus...Nooooo

B B

On my local tv it said you can still go down your allotments ( good for your mental health and getting exercise ) , so why can't I go fishing ? , especially as I can drive straight to the lake without any social contact .

Pushing a loaded barrow around the lake is my exercise , and I don't want to interact with anyone , just the wildlife - I'm antisocial , go away I'm fishing  ! .

🤔

53 minutes ago, crusian said:

On my local tv it said you can still go down your allotments ( good for your mental health and getting exercise ) , so why can't I go fishing ? , especially as I can drive straight to the lake without any social contact .

Pushing a loaded barrow around the lake is my exercise , and I don't want to interact with anyone , just the wildlife - I'm antisocial , go away I'm fishing  ! .

🤔

Not sure , could be seen as growing produce to eat , the government seem to keep trying a softly softly approach but certain people keep pushing their luck which will result in a total lock down . 

Essential travel only people !

4 hours ago, oscsha said:

It's very very clear essential travel only , as much as i want to fish and don't see a major issue with low numbers around a lake rules are rules .

No water would actually need to close if people listened to the essential travel bit.

I'd agree, but to some people their 'exercise fix' is cycling round the the reservoir. That is where they always go to walk their dog, or run... To them it is essential.

No essential travel, so a golfer buggies his clubs up from Woodbridge or Melton to Ufford...

1 minute ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I'd agree, but to some people their 'exercise fix' is cycling round the the reservoir. That is where they always go to walk their dog, or run... To them it is essential.

No essential travel, so a golfer buggies his clubs up from Woodbridge or Melton to Ufford...

Not sure what your point is , If these few are driving to somewhere to exercise , walk etc then it is non essential and may well get a fine and will lead to us all having tighter restrictions .

You have to adhere to the governments 'essential' travel not your own made up rubbish .

56 minutes ago, oscsha said:

Not sure what your point is , If these few are driving to somewhere to exercise , walk etc then it is non essential and may well get a fine and will lead to us all having tighter restrictions .

You have to adhere to the governments 'essential' travel not your own made up rubbish .

@oscsha

Thing is though Mate, try explaining to people what essential is. What is essential to them is different to you or me. To some Sky Sports is an essential, yet to me its not. In fact Sky full stop is not. (Other brands available)

Essential shopping, any biscuits to me are a luxury, not essentials, yet to some they are an essential. Is coffee an essential? Not really, I could drink water, but my shopping always includes coffee.

To some people the only way they keep fit is playing golf, they don't jog, or cycle, their daily walk is a round of golf, however many miles it is around 18 holes. It is their essential.

You can't change somebody's perception on what is essential. You can explain blue in the face I don't need coffee, I would argue otherwise. 

Even the government can't explain essential if to somebody what they are doing is essential to them. Essential to keep your fitness, so people go where they have been keeping fit. To them that means driving to the park where they go on their 8mile mountain bike trail, or driving to the park where they try to beat last weeks time round the track.

Walking their dog, yes, they can walk their dog around the pavements on the street, yet to some it is essential they go somewhere with a big open space, drive to the park. 

It is essential I walk my dog, for at least 6/7miles a day, AND she has to go out round the block for a wee as I live in a flat with no garden. I'm lucky, going round all 3 of the local parks I can just make 6 miles, but I have to be out for at least an hour with another walk to come later, yet strictly speaking I am going against government essential  time of 1hours exercise.

I think fishing isn't essential yes we enjoy it, mentally it is nice to get away from it all, but it wont kill us not to go for 3 weeks while we have a shut down, I think people need to stop trying to twist the rules to suit whatever they want to hear, get a grip and stop travelling about spreading the virus needlessly to continue doing what they love to do, people love to exercise and it does make you feel good but all gyms are closed so people should just make do with a walk or run to the local park or do some stuff in the garden or living room, plenty you can do whilst at home, too many people being far too selfish and ignoring the rules, the quicker everyone accepts this is a problem and we need to address it by limiting Contact we will be a lot better off, 

8 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

@oscsha

Thing is though Mate, try explaining to people what essential is. What is essential to them is different to you or me. To some Sky Sports is an essential, yet to me its not. In fact Sky full stop is not. (Other brands available)

Essential shopping, any biscuits to me are a luxury, not essentials, yet to some they are an essential. Is coffee an essential? Not really, I could drink water, but my shopping always includes coffee.

To some people the only way they keep fit is playing golf, they don't jog, or cycle, their daily walk is a round of golf, however many miles it is around 18 holes. It is their essential.

You can't change somebody's perception on what is essential. You can explain blue in the face I don't need coffee, I would argue otherwise. 

Even the government can't explain essential if to somebody what they are doing is essential to them. Essential to keep your fitness, so people go where they have been keeping fit. To them that means driving to the park where they go on their 8mile mountain bike trail, or driving to the park where they try to beat last weeks time round the track.

Walking their dog, yes, they can walk their dog around the pavements on the street, yet to some it is essential they go somewhere with a big open space, drive to the park. 

It is essential I walk my dog, for at least 6/7miles a day, AND she has to go out round the block for a wee as I live in a flat with no garden. I'm lucky, going round all 3 of the local parks I can just make 6 miles, but I have to be out for at least an hour with another walk to come later, yet strictly speaking I am going against government essential  time of 1hours exercise.

I'm sorry Nick , you need to seriously re evaluate your thinking and HELP this country and its vulnerable . I would say 90% plus understand what the government are saying the others well lets just leave it there as you wouldn't like my answer !  

See the ques for making a universal credit claim are in the tens of thousands if twitter is to be believed, if anyone is truly without any income you can fill in whats called a zero income form at your local council and it will cover council tax, help with rent and maybe mortgage plus money for basics like food and electric and gas. they have to help by law if you have less than 16.000 grand in savings.   

10 hours ago, framey said:

I was made redundant last week went to sign on but you have to do it all on line so did that  I might get a call to make an appointment soon lol

Hello Framey

Very sorry to read your post .

Have you read Carpbells' post ,  just in case what he says is new to you .

All the very best .

😃 

8 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

See the ques for making a universal credit claim are in the tens of thousands if twitter is to be believed, if anyone is truly without any income you can fill in whats called a zero income form at your local council and it will cover council tax, help with rent and maybe mortgage plus money for basics like food and electric and gas. they have to help by law if you have less than 16.000 grand in savings.   

41 minutes ago, oscsha said:

I'm sorry Nick , you need to seriously re evaluate your thinking and HELP this country and its vulnerable . I would say 90% plus understand what the government are saying the others well lets just leave it there as you wouldn't like my answer !  

You wouldn't like my answer if I give you some figures from some research.

Coronavirus is only going to contribute to 1,400 deaths in this country 'more than usual', that is those who have just Coronavirus.

The massive majority of deaths are down to underlying health conditions, not just Covid-19. Those who have had 'no underlying health conditions', nothing about the chest infection that they had 2months ago, and still has not totally cleared, nothing about the 10 cigarettes they smoke every day, or the croup they suffered as a child that damaged their lungs, or the fact that the majority are elderly who would have died from their body being old.

Lockdown in many cases, is contributing to some contracting the virus, and even being unable to get medical treatment or care.

2 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

You wouldn't like my answer if I give you some figures from some research.

Coronavirus is only going to contribute to 1,400 deaths in this country 'more than usual', that is those who have just Coronavirus.

The massive majority of deaths are down to underlying health conditions, not just Covid-19. Those who have had 'no underlying health conditions', nothing about the chest infection that they had 2months ago, and still has not totally cleared, nothing about the 10 cigarettes they smoke every day, or the croup they suffered as a child that damaged their lungs, or the fact that the majority are elderly who would have died from their body being old.

Lockdown in many cases, is contributing to some contracting the virus, and even being unable to get medical treatment or care.

(choosing words carefully) See you really need to get with the programme !! Lets hope its not you or a loved one that suffers.

While you may be right do you really believe the world leaders would do what their  doing for nothing !

UNBELIEVABLE  what some are spouting !

13 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

But the point is those people may have longer to live and may also get to die the way they want not strapped to a ventilator in isolation from there family 

On 24/03/2020 at 11:37, elmoputney said:

It's tough trying to keep them motivated and positive though, whilst keeping it all together yourself, will keep smashing the Joe wicks that seems to be helping me stay positive, good luck, I'm letting them slack off a bit for now then telly off after lunch then they can do some other stuff and get out in the garden 👍

Was a hard one today Elmo...

I've decided to make a massive half pipe for my boy... cleared one of the bays in my barn & started getting it ready to start building . 16ft x 30 ft but will hopefully end up 20ft X 30ft ( timber dependent) lol . Did manage to get all the ply I needed Monday before the merchants shut there doors so that was lucky.  

3 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

I've decided to make a massive half pipe for my boy... cleared one of the bays in my barn & started getting it ready to start building . 16ft x 30 ft but will hopefully end up 20ft X 30ft ( timber dependent) lol . Did manage to get all the ply I needed Monday before the merchants shut there doors so that was lucky.  

You have to show us some pics of that 👍