Coronavirus...Nooooo

B B

12 minutes ago, commonly said:

As usual unclear messages from our pompus leaders. 

It would appear its only key workers that should be going to work?? If I am wrong I would be happy to be corrected!! 

I thought it said non essential shops etc to be shut, no more than 2 in a social gathering, only shop of essential, only go to and from work of you aren't lucky enouvh to be able to work from home, it was Confusing tbh I work in carbon fibre based aerospace stuff not quite sure how that is key work but haven't been told not to come back in yet 😂

12 hours ago, commonly said:

It would appear its only key workers that should be going to work?? If I am wrong I would be happy to be corrected!! 

Myself (Food Manufacturing /processing/distribution) and Wife (NHS Auxiliary Nurse) are key workers, basically both been told to work by employers until either closure or contract virus. Easier said than done with having a 10yr old and school closed, yes he can go in as we're key workers, but REALLY hard. ALL precautions being taken, PPE - gloves masks, aprons.

9 hours ago, elmoputney said:

It seems all the lakes are shutting now, there will be a closed season this year, probably for the best, now let's get shut down completely so we can all Get out again asap, otherwise we will be released and they will start spawning 😁

A few near me have closed so I've emailed Environment Agency about rod Licence renewal due to not being able to fish, also emailed my Fishing Membership as some of the lakes closed on it, so no fishing for me.

12 hours ago, commonly said:

Also trying to be a teacher to little lad, came home with a file about 9" thick last week, this week he is with me, next few week with he is in school 3 days a week.

9 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

You been doing Joe Wicks PE Highy? 

My kids dont seem that keen but I've smashed the first 2 days 😁

Oo yeh deffo, also his goalkeeper coach has sent me some drills for in the back garden too, it's big enough for em.

Trying to keep him occupied is the hard bit but asking "When can I go on Fortnite"...Maths, Art, English, PE every morning/afternoon then he can go on it...

37 minutes ago, Highy said:

Oo yeh deffo, also his goalkeeper coach has sent me some drills for in the back garden too, it's big enough for em.

Trying to keep him occupied is the hard bit but asking "When can I go on Fortnite"...Maths, Art, English, PE every morning/afternoon then he can go on it...

It's tough trying to keep them motivated and positive though, whilst keeping it all together yourself, will keep smashing the Joe wicks that seems to be helping me stay positive, good luck, I'm letting them slack off a bit for now then telly off after lunch then they can do some other stuff and get out in the garden 👍

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

I didn't know what a Billy doo was so I googled it, love letter? 

Could lead you to needing a French letter? 😲😲

facepalm.jpg.3dab4a8ae42b5fb64ea72f1e393d807f.jpg   

Spot on Elmo but it is currently an in joke here in France. The word billy doo originated in WW2 when the Tommies called a love letter a Billy doo after the French expression "billet doux". During the current crisis we have to fill in a form called an "attestation de deplacement derogatoire". That is a bit of a mouthful even for a Frenchman so we use the expression "billet d'ou" - meaning a note explaining where you are coming from.. Now as far as my ears are concerned "billet doux" and "billet d'ou" are pronounced exactly the same. Hence, when we go out, we say "don't forget your billy doo. :)

However if you want to send Mr. Johnson a love letter, be my guest. I won't be joining you.

2 minutes ago, carpepecheur said:

"attestation de deplacement derogatoire"

We are having to sign these for the guys that work in our French office. I am one of 3 guys left onsite in the UK (65 personnel sent home). I am surprised we don't have a similar letter here. If anyone gets stopped by the cops they can come out with any old rubbish to give the impression the travel is essential.

8 minutes ago, carpepecheur said:

facepalm.jpg.3dab4a8ae42b5fb64ea72f1e393d807f.jpg   

Spot on Elmo but it is currently an in joke here in France. The word billy doo originated in WW2 when the Tommies called a love letter a Billy doo after the French expression "billet doux". During the current crisis we have to fill in a form called an "attestation de deplacement derogatoire". That is a bit of a mouthful even for a Frenchman so we use the expression "billet d'ou" - meaning a note explaining where you are coming from.. Now as far as my ears are concerned "billet doux" and "billet d'ou" are pronounced exactly the same. Hence, when we go out, we say "don't forget your billy doo. :)

However if you want to send Mr. Johnson a love letter, be my guest. I won't be joining you.

I read the other meaning too but preffered the other one,

don't send me to prison I've got a love letter 😳😂

I won't be sending any Boris doos either, other than Boris do raise council tax in Westminster and lower it in the rest of the country, 😁

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

It's tough trying to keep them motivated and positive though, whilst keeping it all together yourself, will keep smashing the Joe wicks that seems to be helping me stay positive, good luck, I'm letting them slack off a bit for now then telly off after lunch then they can do some other stuff and get out in the garden 👍

While he was on the laptop on a school prgramme....i put gazebo up ready for hot tub...

IMG-20200324-WA0003.thumb.jpeg.034d265e9fb5d6494bc76743262e2866.jpeg

Just having lunch then.....Tub going up 😁😁

1 hour ago, yonny said:

We are having to sign these for the guys that work in our French office. I am one of 3 guys left onsite in the UK (65 personnel sent home). I am surprised we don't have a similar letter here. If anyone gets stopped by the cops they can come out with any old rubbish to give the impression the travel is essential.

Yes its a very good idea. I cannot understand why it is not being introduced in UK. Although you can print the form from a gov web site you sign a solemn declaration that you have told the truth. Then, if you get caught out, you get a fine for breaking the travel restriction and a fine for making a false declaration. The minimum fine is €135 which triples with late payment. A second infringement costs you €1500. Four infringements gets you 6 months and an even more eyewatering fine. I expect you only get a slap on the wrist in UK.

Iv just popped over some frozen food to an old customer who lives close just around the corner I warned them il be wearing a face mask so don’t be alarmed. I ran the bell used the key too open the door and jumped a mile they both had on proper face masks with filters. We had a laugh over a cup of tea in the garden keeping our distance. 

Sadly we still have idiots jogging in groups, or walking dogs together around the local parks, or they were when I walked Sky this morning. Every time I saw someone coming I simply changed direction, zig zagging my way across the park with her. She got let off the lead inside the old tennis court enclosure on Chantry Park in Ipswich.
I saw one woman with her dog off the lead, as another dog was playing her dog ran up to play as well. She had to go retrieve it, and was most definitely within 2metres of the owners.
On my way back I had to go to the local shop, still some items out of stock, breakfast cereals and bread, so to find essentials will have to go further afield.

The golf course and hotel at Ufford Park where I work is totally closed down and the 'essentials' chosen. Even though officially on holiday I have to go do the year end stocktake then I will be on furlough. 

Yes I am peeved I can't go fishing, it would be total self-isolation and I did argue the point on the Alton Water Facebook page when they closed the Anglian Water Parks before the AT announcement. 
I'm also willing to bet that local residents will still be walking their dogs around the reservoir, even though it is supposedly closed. It is such a size you would need constant ranger patrols around all 12miles of footpaths!