Rod carrier I created

Just looking for some opinions on this rod carrier I created.

The design is made to carry both rods and nets while also having some extra storage at the bottom. It uses the strap to be held over the users shoulder and in primarily made out Aluminium for the metal and plywood for other parts.  

finished modle.jpg

modle.png

This is a DT project for my school and just looking for any advice on how to best improve and thoughts on it.

The body is made out of Plywood with the metal pieces being made out of aluminium. The carrier is able to hold rods and nets alike and has a drawer at the bottom for extra storage. The strap on the back allows for the design to be carried over the users shoulder.

finished modle.jpg

modle.png

I would imagine it too heavy for any practical use if you were going to use it to carry your gear to and from the lake , but as a storage device and just to move short distances it looks fine .

You could drill out 10 cm holes neatly to reduce weight ,and this will not impact on strength 

Hi , Depending on the design brief , rather than creating something that can transport the rods , why not alter the design just into a home storage solution for fishing gear ?

If it has to be transportable then maybe alter the design into a trolley based system , any drawings etc you have can still be used but you just explain in your mk2 why the 1st design was not practical .

One big question do you fish yourself ? 

As it happens I'm a design engineer for a furniture company and what I would look at is the weight and strength you need to achieve.

Spruce ply is lighter than birch ply and what thickness could you reduce it to without compromising strength, do the sides and back need to be a solid sheet or could you cut 3 or 4 squares out to create a frame.