March catches

muftyboy

I'll start off this month. 

Just got back from a 36 hour. 

Wind was awful, rain was awful. 

Ground was like a bog but I managed 2 fish. 

Nothing big but made it worthwhile. 

Had the pleasure of photographing the best looking mirror ive ever seen on the bank for another angler that went 25lb.

This was one of mine that luckily came in one of the better 10 minutes of weather on Saturday afternoon. 

IMG_20200229_165627.jpg

29 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

Had the pleasure of photographing the best looking mirror ive ever seen on the bank for another angler that went 25lb.

This was one of mine that luckily came in one of the better 10 minutes of weather on Saturday afternoon. 

IMG_20200229_165627.jpg

Well done chap, I'd forgotten what a carp looked like 👍

4 hours ago, muftyboy said:

IMG_20200229_165627.jpg

Good angling mufty great start to March.🙂👍

4 hours ago, Ginger9991 said:

One of 3 from my first work overnighter since injury. 22.5 this one went. I had the whole site to myself which was lovely, solid bags as usual.... Also had a small roach on a size 6 Ronnie rig..... 

IMG_20200303_132909_651.jpg

He's , back ! , emptying Essex lakes near you ! . 😁

How did you feel physically , Ginger , any twinges ? .

😃

Well I did my first overnighter last night on one of the waters on my new club ticket, it's a runs water nothing too big they go to high doubles. Any way I had 6. Smallest 6 1/2 biggest 10lb. It was nice to get a bend in the rods. No photo's the weather wasn't the best didn't fancy taking photos in the rain. 🙂👍

On 03/03/2020 at 21:06, crusian said:

He's , back ! , emptying Essex lakes near you ! . 😁

How did you feel physically , Ginger , any twinges ? .

😃

Lol thanks mate. Felt great to be fishing, the leg didn't feel great, moving the barrow over slippery ground wasn't great but I can deal with a bit of pain if it means I can feel normal again! Just on the hunt to find a ticket for the year now! 

Edited by Ginger9991

• 2 weeks later...

Went down the secret lake on Wednesday night for a few hours. 

A few showing but not a bleep as I expected. 

Finished work early on Thursday and as I had the rods in the car I popped down my club lake for a few hours. 

Mangaged to blag 3 fish in about 4 hours. 

Well happy with that and even more happy that the 1st one was one of the rare mirrors. 

IMG_20200319_150408.jpg

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Well chuffed, I thought it was bigger all the way in fought really hard but slow, I still can't get a twenty but when they look like that I don't mind 😍

Perhaps my big spread of wildly distributed throwing stick thrown baits approach did work 🤣

My favourite baiting approach. Big spread of boilies.  

27 minutes ago, emmcee said:

My favourite baiting approach. Big spread of boilies.  

Is there any other option than a big spread with a throwing stick, I am still quite a novice at it but it doesn't seem possible to me 😂😂

I did notice quite. Lot of plastic floaty remote boats on my walk yesterday, the throwing stick almost seems the exact opposite this makes me happy 👍

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Just started off my on new lake with a fish wasn't expecting that one 😁

Also a bit special this one and a nice one to statt the campaign with, proper pics to follow but I was excited 

IMG_20200322_063025.jpg

So was it your posh braces , or your deliberate tactic of spreading your freebies around to get the carp moving around your swim that paid dividends , Elmo 🤔.

38 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Is there any other option than a big spread with a throwing stick, I am still quite a novice at it but it doesn't seem possible to me 😂😂

I did notice quite. Lot of plastic floaty remote boats on my walk yesterday, the throwing stick almost seems the exact opposite this makes me happy 👍

Doing the  opposite to others can sometimes be an absolute winner.  

1 hour ago, emmcee said:

Doing the  opposite to others can sometimes be an absolute winner.  

Don't worry I hadn't started frantically googling which Bait boat is best 😁

1 hour ago, crusian said:

So was it your posh braces , or your deliberate tactic of spreading your freebies around to get the carp moving around your swim that paid dividends , Elmo 🤔.

Tbh I could've spodded more accurately, but chose to use the stick as I want to get better at it, as for my waders I had to wear them as the swim was a bit flooded and I had forgotten my workboots so I needed to wade into about 6 inches of water 💦😂

44 minutes ago, finchey said:

Well done mate excellent angling, it just takes the one run.🙂👍

Thanks well happy with that one