The overnighter

elmoputney

Right guys thought I may do a little blog of my session todayΒ 

The car is packed and ready, just waiting baton in hand to pass it on to Mrs Putney then I can hit the road , need to stop off for milk and possibly a McDonald's on the way but its looking like I should be there for midday to see what is in store

swim wise its now in the lap of the carp gods as to who is already there, hoping to have the place to myself tonight but depends on day anglers and I'm not sure if there is 1 other booked on or not, looks pretty good conditions for this new moon night out,other than a little too much wind lol, got the overwrap cos it looks like it may get cold ish overnight but I'm pretty confident and fairly well prepped and organised, got 6 pva bags loaded and ready to rock clip em up, tie em up, chuck em out maybe a couple of spods over the top, get a bite oooosh, that's the plan πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

I am really excited the way you should be before a session I think 🀞🀞🀞🀞🀞🀞😁

47 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Right guys thought I may do a little blog of my session todayΒ 

The car is packed and ready, just waiting baton in hand to pass it on to Mrs Putney then I can hit the road , need to stop off for milk and possibly a McDonald's on the way but its looking like I should be there for midday to see what is in store

swim wise its now in the lap of the carp gods as to who is already there, hoping to have the place to myself tonight but depends on day anglers and I'm not sure if there is 1 other booked on or not, looks pretty good conditions for this new moon night out,other than a little too much wind lol, got the overwrap cos it looks like it may get cold ish overnight but I'm pretty confident and fairly well prepped and organised, got 6 pva bags loaded and ready to rock clip em up, tie em up, chuck em out maybe a couple of spods over the top, get a bite oooosh, that's the plan πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

I am really excited the way you should be before a session I think 🀞🀞🀞🀞🀞🀞😁

Good luck mate, what ever happens just enjoy yourself. πŸ™‚πŸ‘

Bunker on the spit up the road, could say its muddy 😁

Been an enjoyable afternoon, managed to leave my back door keys in my pocket so had to go home again , but that may be a blessing in disguise as I've moved in next to someone who caught 3 so hopefully I can get one nice fish to 😁

Still messing about but there is a chance and I'm looking forward to the night ahead πŸ‘

Β 

Β 

15824735854965332817017177969549.jpg

35 minutes ago, dayvid said:

Just a shame about the mud , but thats winter for you ,Β  if you can find some piles leaves gather them up and put in front your bivvy , really does work well ,

OH and dont slip in during the night , not good form 😁

That's a good idea might try that Thanks

27 minutes ago, Highy said:

Where's your rods going Elmo...just in front puddle side of tree ??

The mud is rife...

You will have to wait and see because it is now dark but they are about where I took the picture from πŸ™„

Kettles on first cuppa since I got here 😳

1582482938965187850867334990319.jpg

1 minute ago, elmoputney said:

It's really gone quiet in the last few minutes,Β 

I am wondering should I have put on the over wrap tonight?, I havent I've just carried it to the swim 😁

Should I have my dinner? Healthy veggie kebabs I'm even putting green stuff in themΒ 

Β 

15824844614432567813427961730768.jpg

Get the wrap on...get comfy πŸ‘πŸ‘

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

A celebratory cuppa, I just caught a Popeye a gug a gug a gug 18lb 6ozΒ 

Photos haven't come out the best unfortunately had a bit of a battle with the fish and the intervalometer, shame it was a real character with big boggly eyes,

15825224908713357112880051000876.jpg

Nice one mate, good angling, is your photo not worth putting up so we can have a look. πŸ™‚πŸ‘

Photos haven't come out the best unfortunately had a bit of a battle with the fish and the intervalometer, shame it was a real character with big boggly eyes,

Well deservedΒ cuppaΒ well done πŸ‘Β 

Edited by Big Bass

Well in Elmo...will it be 1 of them face slap photosΒ πŸ˜…πŸ˜…Β put it up....

Edited by Highy

I was going to start packing up at 10am then I just got back in the sleeping bag to warm up, still not packed up but had a nice snooze 😴😴😴😴

Looking like a wet pack down too hasn't stopped raining all morning 😭

And when are ridgemonkey going to invent a bedchair wee removal system, I'm so warm I don't want to go out into the cold 😁

Still I haven't blanked, but this bunker is like a tardis time is flying now, best get a wriggle on need to be home and hosed ready for the school run 😬😬😬😬😬

2 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Nice fishing could do with some bark on the paths.

Empty 5 litre water bottle trucker style i'm sure ridge monkey will have a green one out at some point.Β 

Needs Quite a lot of bark on the paths πŸ˜‰

5ltr 😳 that is a lot of tea 🍡 what about urinal that goes on a bucket 😁