Tackle box or storage what's your poison

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I worked out I had £9 quids worth of fox tadpoles then stopped :) before i added up all the hooklinks (I have recently purchased £10.95 worth of esp x stiff coated braid though) so that's £20 on 2 items 😁

I’m constantly buying stuff I desperately need to then find I’ve got 4 already 

• 3 years later...
On 16/02/2020 at 09:36, elmoputney said:

Right guys 

My terminal tackle is getting a little out of hand 

I have an ngt XPR for my smaller bits which is OK but my old Nash lead and bitz pouch is about 3 times as wide as it should be now, and it's quite unorganised, I've got one of those ngt 7+1massive ones but that's too big but would make a good one for at home so I don't have to always take the kitchen sink, 

Have a decent rig wallet so not too fussed about more rig space, just need something for the packets and all the rig making bits I want to take with me, 

I am Considering the tracker nxg compact tackle bag but think should I just commit to a korda tackle box or something similar, or just get one of those compac tackle bag things then I could just chuck in essentials 

I want to be organised how do you pack yours? 

My bits go in either a korda tackle safe of the trakka pva bag.

What I am doing is using mainly buckets for everything else,  they are much better than bags in bags.

1 hour ago, B B said:

My bits of important tackle gos in a pair of Saxx men’s vibe boxer’s very comfy got them from go outdoors … I would post a pic but it would never get past the mods and it’ll make people jealous 😏

@ Elmo any chance of you posting a review of your Packsmart ? looks a nice bit of kit 

Yes I like it and coming right up 🤣IMG_20230602_203722.thumb.jpg.132088a86a1e91b7f3d69fdb332282ce.jpg

Gonna do a series of photos 😳

IMG_20230602_204204.thumb.jpg.e6b4cc3cba693cd94e9d672607d7bc73.jpg

Bottom half I keep my lead pouch, Pva bag kit, and wolf x spod 

I think it's a great bag as I know where everything is, it's functional goes under the bed and is comfortable to wear even loaded like that. 

The main section can also be made into 1 bigger compartment, but it works for me like this 

Bon appetit 

Edited by elmoputney

2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

IMG_20230602_204204.thumb.jpg.e6b4cc3cba693cd94e9d672607d7bc73.jpg

Bottom half I keep my lead pouch, Pva bag kit, and wolf x spod 

I think it's a great bag as I know where everything is, it's functional goes under the bed and is comfortable to wear even loaded like that. 

Bon appetit 

Thanks for posting 👍  so it’s similar to a rucksack on your back ? 

On 02/06/2023 at 21:05, elmoputney said:

Yes it has straps and belt bit and is just like a rucksack only more organised, the one I have is the comforter Packsmart Wychwood_Comforter_Packsmart_1.thumb.jpg.4f1e319110ea0612af3bbed114d99755.jpg

This is uncannily similar to my Saber rucksack . 
I keep my banksticks in one of the side sections , all my electronics in the opposite one , power banks , leads etc , att’s & receiver , sunblesa Bivvy light (amazing bit of kit) and my JuiceCat head torch , spare batteries and my DAB in case the ‘ammers are playing .

Plus all my NON fishing gear , gloves hat bacca etc .

My terminal tackle , I usually keep in my generic olive coloured hold-all I’ve had for Donkeys , is currently in a Chub smart-box . But due to the fact I’m now unable to tie my own rigs I’ve scaled down to a medium Wychwood tackle box  , bought primarily for my boy to use , but as I now no longer appear to need my vast collection of hooklink materials and Hooks etc it is lovely and compact and I’ll definitely be using it from now on . 
Jrc lead pouch  (which is way too heavy so I’ll be scaling that down as well) and a  similar though slimmer of the same for my PVA.

Saber cool bag for me grub etc .

still feels like a lot for the amount of use they get though . 
Just can’t get over how similar the rucksack/bag is to yours Elmo 🤦🏼‍♂️

On 17/02/2020 at 22:22, salokcinnodrog said:

I still use a Plano Tackle box, years old, but it takes everything, including my toothbrush and toothpaste, 😖😆

The only thing missing from it at the moment is my leads, which are currently in my pike gear

Ready tied rigs go in Gardner rig tubs.

image.thumb.jpeg.e569a7541b019a2ddc69310c727a2988.jpeg

No, I tried to (tidy), sorry minimise my loose tackle, tried putting hooklink materials, bits and pieces in a rig pouch, and it just doesn't work for me.

I'm still using the Plano tackle box, with all my hooklink materials, swirls, run rings, quick links etc, and the bottom tray still has baiting needles, stringer needles, although the rubber fake baits have been binned.

It still looks remarkably similar, although it did get cleaned a few times.

Stonze have gone in a rig bin that lost the foam middle, the rest of my leads are in the top compartment of the Plano