Tackle box or storage what's your poison

Right guys 

My terminal tackle is getting a little out of hand 

I have an ngt XPR for my smaller bits which is OK but my old Nash lead and bitz pouch is about 3 times as wide as it should be now, and it's quite unorganised, I've got one of those ngt 7+1massive ones but that's too big but would make a good one for at home so I don't have to always take the kitchen sink, 

Have a decent rig wallet so not too fussed about more rig space, just need something for the packets and all the rig making bits I want to take with me, 

I am Considering the tracker nxg compact tackle bag but think should I just commit to a korda tackle box or something similar, or just get one of those compac tackle bag things then I could just chuck in essentials 

I want to be organised how do you pack yours? 

I keep my kit as small as poss... I have a Korda tackle bank for all my terminal gear, a small lead pouch, and have condensed my gear to one small Korum Ruckbag... everything fits into that... and I mean everything, scales, weigh sling, spare spools for reels, pva... I have a small bait bag...   rod bag, ruckbag with chair and mat attached to it... all up 3 items to carry...

19 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

I keep my kit as small as poss... I have a Korda tackle bank for all my terminal gear, a small lead pouch, and have condensed my gear to one small Korum Ruckbag... everything fits into that... and I mean everything, scales, weigh sling, spare spools for reels, pva... I have a small bait bag...   rod bag, ruckbag with chair and mat attached to it... all up 3 items to carry...

I would be quite happy with an easy  barrow load tbh, 

Looking at a Rucksack also and how to minimise everything, but tackle wise is where it gets messy for me I have a bag that has everything in tacklesafe, rig pouch, rig and bits wallet, buzzer bar bag and it fills the bag, by the time I've added a few other bits and I can't always find everything, I have to have scales and stuff in another bag, camera Rucksack, clothes bag for winter, bivvy, rods, food+ cooking bag 

I reckon a Rucksack would get my camera bits, clothes, accessories sorted, tackle station for all my bits, food bag, rod bag bivvy and bed bag bait sorted 😂

IMG_20200216_164417.thumb.jpg.30cd6de291cf524a65950f33619c38a4.jpg

I use this 1 holdall for Bait n Tackle...

Left Pocket - 6 tubs of Popups / Wafters.

Right Pocket - Bait Sprays / goos.

Front Pocket - Polaroids, 2 bank sticks, Digi Scales, Hand Sanitizer (The Wife).

Inside I have a 12 compartment Tackle Box loaded with ALL terminal, 2kg Boilies, 1kg Stix Mix, Mallet, Spare Line.

Can take this Bag, Rod Holdall n Buzz Bar Bag n I'll be Fishing 👍

50 minutes ago, Highy said:

IMG_20200216_164417.thumb.jpg.30cd6de291cf524a65950f33619c38a4.jpg

I use this 1 holdall for Bait n Tackle...

Left Pocket - 6 tubs of Popups / Wafters.

Right Pocket - Bait Sprays / goos.

Front Pocket - Polaroids, 2 bank sticks, Digi Scales, Hand Sanitizer (The Wife).

Inside I have a 12 compartment Tackle Box loaded with ALL terminal, 2kg Boilies, 1kg Stix Mix, Mallet, Spare Line.

Can take this Bag, Rod Holdall n Buzz Bar Bag n I'll be Fishing 👍

💪

Your bag looks very similar to my Nash bag , Highy .

Trouble is now I am a more mature gentleman I need to watch the weight of things , so I use a number of bags to spread the weight around  rather than 1 heavy one , and use a barrow .

Also I like to look in my big Nash bag and everything is spread out in the bottom within sight and easy reach .

😃

7 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Has anyone got an ngt bivvy table system 2? 

I can get ngt stuff quite cheap and although deep down I want to minimise I could lose a bag if I got one of these and have all my bits in one place and customise it to suit? 

My Wife donated her craft box ( which has lots of different size boxes you can buy to put in it ) to me .

You might like to look in the shop  Hobbycraft .

😃 

6 minutes ago, crusian said:

💪

Your bag looks very similar to my Nash bag , Highy .

Trouble is now I am a more mature gentleman I need to watch the weight of things , so I use a number of bags to spread the weight around  rather than 1 heavy one , and use a barrow .

Also I like to look in my big Nash bag and everything is spread out in the bottom within sight and easy reach .

😃

It's not massive...just a normal holdall...I have 1 more for my food too...

On a full day sesh I would take...Tackle bag, Food Bag, Buzz Bar Bag, Chair, Rod holdall, uncertain weather I'd take my Brolly too...

23 hours ago, elmoputney said:

tracker nxg

The NXG stuff was pants for me, fell apart.

I keep my terminal stuff in one of these:

https://heritageltdedition.bigcartel.com/product/coming-soon-heritage-ltd-edition-bits-bag-dpm

My Rigsafe fits in the large one perfectly.

They live in a British Army Patrol Pack (also known as NI (Northern Ireland) Patrol Pack). This is one of my fave bits of gear - cheap as chips, hard as nails, and carpy as Terry Hearns jumper. They come up on the bay all the time for 20 quid odd.

clockwise from bottom mid left

Korda tackle bank and bits bag 

2 rig wallet/boxes

Nash alarm/bankstick case

first aid kits for me and the carp

spare spools blue bag is leads pouch couple of pots of plastic toppers

scales and weigh sling

main bag is a Korum compact ruck bag the Korum mat is attached to the back of it

all fits in nice and snug... 

you gotta be ruthless though

1 hour ago, bluelabel said:

Brilliant bit of kit...had one for a season.... folds nice and flat and nice high sides

So how do you then weigh your fish , Blue , a separate weigh sling ? .

Oops ! , just read your earlier post .

Which weigh sling do you use please , as you have obviously trimmed your gear down very carefully .

😃

Thanks all been good to see how you organise it all,

I think I may have sussed it 😁

Ngt XPR Rucksack, 

Slightly bigger ngt dynamic tackle box will fit in front pocket and should take most bits I think, 

2 lead bags for accessories I don't have a place for and a few leads plus whatever else I can find a use for 

Ngt brew kit bag for camera and bits to go in Rucksack, 

Glug pot bag as well for hookbaits needles and bait based toot or I may use that as an accessory bag 

I will get all that in the Rucksack plus clothes and any other bits 

Then I should be left with food bag, bivvy, rod bag, unhooking mat, bed bag, bait bucket, barrow, 

I know it's not all that carpy to have loads of ngt stuff but for me Its good and cheap and tbh it's stuff that isn't that important to me really, it's only luggage isn't it,😳 but if it helps me be organised it's done its job 

I've seen the Rucksack and it's pretty solid tbh and should be a step up and be a comfortable haul to the swim, and with a lighter barrow too 😁

On 16 February 2020 at 09:36, elmoputney said:

Right guys 

My terminal tackle is getting a little out of hand 

I have an ngt XPR for my smaller bits which is OK but my old Nash lead and bitz pouch is about 3 times as wide as it should be now, and it's quite unorganised, I've got one of those ngt 7+1massive ones but that's too big but would make a good one for at home so I don't have to always take the kitchen sink, 

Have a decent rig wallet so not too fussed about more rig space, just need something for the packets and all the rig making bits I want to take with me, 

I am Considering the tracker nxg compact tackle bag but think should I just commit to a korda tackle box or something similar, or just get one of those compac tackle bag things then I could just chuck in essentials 

I want to be organised how do you pack yours? 

I still use a Plano Tackle box, years old, but it takes everything, including my toothbrush and toothpaste, 😖😆

The only thing missing from it at the moment is my leads, which are currently in my pike gear

Ready tied rigs go in Gardner rig tubs.

image.thumb.jpeg.e569a7541b019a2ddc69310c727a2988.jpeg

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

I know it's not all that carpy to have loads of ngt stuff but for me Its good and cheap and tbh it's stuff that isn't that important to me really, it's only luggage isn't it,😳 but if it helps me be organised it's done its job 

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with the ngt luggage I have a few bits myself, I also have the pop up unhooking mat and rod tip and butt protectors which I think and excellent and cheap as chips.🙂👍

7 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I still use a Plano Tackle box, years old, but it takes everything, including my toothbrush and toothpaste, 😖😆

The only thing missing from it at the moment is my leads, which are currently in my pike gear

I dont think my tackle box is that tidy but that's giving me the heebie jeebies nick 😬😬😬😱

I've decided I can't really control all aspects of my life, but if I can get and keep my tackle organised I will be happy 😁

19 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Crikey.... that makes my gear look like I'm OCD

🤣😜