Strange happenings on the bank.

I was sorting a cupboard out and found some old pics. One made me chuckle as if I'd not had the picture no one would believe it. It's not super imposed as one mate reckoned. The pigeon was a racing pigeon that landed in front of my mates bivvy and was obviously very tame. My mate took it home in the end and it flew off the next day. 

Anyone else got pics of things you didn't expect to see on the bank? 

20191113_190142.jpg

I once saw a mole swim which I thought was strange. I was searching for carp with my mate and we came into this swim and this little creature had just left the margin. We couldn't work out what it was at first but those massive claws gave it away. It swam right out into the middle of the pit and gulls started dive bombing it so it came back. I actually called the mrs there and then (she's got a masters in zoology) to make sure I wasn't going mental. She told me that all mammals can swim which was news to me. Either way, there is something about a mole swimming that still makes me chuckle to this day.

• 2 months later...
On 25/01/2020 at 10:10, emmcee said:

I was sorting a cupboard out and found some old pics. One made me chuckle as if I'd not had the picture no one would believe it. It's not super imposed as one mate reckoned. The pigeon was a racing pigeon that landed in front of my mates bivvy and was obviously very tame. My mate took it home in the end and it flew off the next day. 

Anyone else got pics of things you didn't expect to see on the bank? 

20191113_190142.jpg

Quality mate 😁

On 27/01/2020 at 10:41, Golden Paws said:

I haven't mentioned this to anyone before as they would think I was mad but I heard a splash in the margins and saw a squirrel swim on his back across the river and climbed up a tree on the far bank!

I think you'll find they swim on their backs to help keep their nuts dry.....