New landing net for carp

Hello guys.

I'm looking for a new landing net.

I was using an old from my dad, but in some occasions I had some trouble to free the carp from it (mesh wraps around the dorsal fin). 

Now I'm looking for a new one that doesn't do the same.

Any suggestions?

PS.: I'll buy in a near future a weigh sling, looking for recommendations :)

Edited by Machali

1 hour ago, Machali said:

Hello guys.

I'm looking for a new landing net.

I was using an old from my dad, but in some occasions I had some trouble to free the carp from it (mesh wraps around the dorsal fin). 

Now I'm looking for a new one that doesn't do the same.

Any suggestions?

PS.: I'll buy in a near future a weigh sling, looking for recommendations :)

Agree with Yonny 

a lot of the meshes can be replaced with fish friendly ones

4 hours ago, yonny said:

What kind of net is it?

It sounds like it's a problem with the mesh rather than the net itself so you might just be better off replacing that.

The net i have now is one like that one from the photo. It has near 20 years, is a bit weak and small. Had a big trouble landing a 17lb carp with it.

Looking for a new one (or maybe used if can find a good offer), with a fish friendly mesh, and bigger. I'm looking for something affordable, but prefer to pay a bit more for something good that last for a couple of years.

landingnet.png

Edited by Machali

3 hours ago, commonly said:

The one's I use, had them for several years. Air dry after use. Very impressed with them. 

I brought the net from Yately angling centre for about £80-90. Nice stiff pole, worth going into the shop to test, down to preference if you like it hard or soft😜

Screenshot_20200120-145945.png

Screenshot_20200120-150231.png

Saw that weigh sling somewhere at £39,99, so thanks for your link :D
I'm Portuguese, living in Portugal. In this case it would be worth the trip to shop and try it in UK :D

We tend to use a 42 inch (106cm) net over here for carp fishing. It's the pole for the net I was advising you to try. The greys one is quite stiff. 

The Trakker one broke on the spigot within a few outings!! Not happy about that😒

26 minutes ago, Machali said:

The net i have now is one like that one from the photo. It has near 20 years, is a bit weak and small. Had a big trouble landing a 17lb carp with it.

Looking for a new one (or maybe used if can find a good offer), with a fish friendly mesh, and bigger. I'm looking for something affordable, but prefer to pay a bit more for something good that last for a couple of years.

landingnet.png