Cyprinus bedchairs

Hi all,

I've spent countless hours on ebay, Facebook marketplace and other second hand sites looking for a Nash sleep system and to be fair there are loads but they are either collection only and not in my area or they just go above my budget really. So I've been looking at the cyprinus sleep systems and I could get one brand new for the same price, if not cheaper than a Nash one second hand.

So what does everyone think of them? Does anyone have one? I've heard a lot of good things about their bivvies and that they just copy the expensive brands out there and wondered if the same applied to their bedchairs.

Thanks

Yup I got a camou wide bedchair and magmatex king-size sleeping bag it's very comfy but really wide still fairly light though  😂 the bag is really warm and fits well to the chair, and so far seems well made, 

I believe the camou ones are the same as the Wychwood tactical ones and I assume the rlx Is the same as the tracker, not got a sleep system one but I can fold my bed with the bag on so no bother for me, I like mine perhaps wouldn't get a wide one again but actually I've been sleeping on mine since before Christmas as my snoring was waking up the wife too much but now I am sleeping better and not getting punched in my sleep so its a win win 🥵😵🤕🤕,

and also my back ache is loads better too so I am well pleased with mine 😌

9 hours ago, pablo7uk said:

I've heard a lot of good things about their bivvies and that they just copy the expensive brands out there

Cyprinus don't design or manufacture anything. They re-brand other gear. If you look closely at the images on their website you should be able to work out what each one is with a little research.

It's up to you ultimately there I always like to feel I am getting value for money, when I buy something I feel the Nash ones are too expensive for me 

There is a new avid one out which is the lightest sleep system on the market not sure what that costs though or what it's like 

My bag isn't the lightest in 5 season mode but it will keep me warm In the winter and the 3 season mode will be fine to keep on for summer and then it is fairly light considering its size 

The camo sleep system one is a camo bedchair with a different fitted sleeping bag on it, I think the magmatex will be a thicker better bag but it depends how extreme you will be fishing in really both will be fine in most British weather I would say and both will fold up in the chair after use 

14 hours ago, elmoputney said:

There is a new avid one out which is the lightest sleep system on the market

I read that too. It's a little misleading imo as it's only a 3 season bag so you'd need other layers when it gets cold. A 5 season Snugpak Techlite coupled with one of the lightest beds would weigh the same or less so it can be beaten.

17 hours ago, pablo7uk said:

Are the Nash indulgence really worth the money? 

Surely it depends on what weather conditions you’ll actually be using it in to say if it warrants spending the money. I have a Nash indulgence and it’s a class piece of kit. Keeps me toasty and warm in freezing conditions it’s also very comfortable, probably more so than my bed at home. Saying that if I only fished the warmer months tho I probably would of went for a cheaper lighter bedchair. 

On 13/01/2020 at 16:27, yonny said:

They are supposed to be mega comfy but weight a tonne. Only you can answer if they are worth the money mate.

The new ones due out soon, have had a big reduction in weight. The memory foam version (MF60) are a bit more heavy, but the extra comfort is well worth it. I’m like you with my kit yonny, keeping it minimal and light as possible. But with the launch of the compact bed in the memory foam, it’s justifiable for me! I have honestly never slept on anything so comfortable. 

I went with the carp zone bed and well happy with it the legs have stayed nice and solid on uneven ground, looking at the Cyprinus one i would be concerned with the spring lock legs never had a good word for those no matter what chair they are on. I avoided them a few years back when getting the capzone nothing worse than a bed chair that wont stay level. 

Saying that the previous bed chair with the spring locks was a super cheap one from chapmans, got a pro logic bank chair that has the same problem.  

11 hours ago, nigewoodcock said:

The new ones due out soon, have had a big reduction in weight. The memory foam version (MF60) are a bit more heavy, but the extra comfort is well worth it. I’m like you with my kit yonny, keeping it minimal and light as possible. But with the launch of the compact bed in the memory foam, it’s justifiable for me! I have honestly never slept on anything so comfortable. 

Oi oi stranger. Hope you're good mate.